The Gold and Silver Thread

The Telegraph: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself
Credit default swaps (CDS) measuring risk on German, French and Dutch bonds have surged over recent days, rising significantly above the levels of non-EMU states in Scandinavia.

"Germany cannot keep paying for bail-outs without going bankrupt itself," said Professor Wilhelm Hankel, of Frankfurt University. "This is frightening people. You cannot find a bank safe deposit box in Germany because every single one has already been taken and stuffed with gold and silver. It is like an underground Switzerland within our borders. People have terrible memories of 1948 and 1923 when they lost their savings."

Scary

This same scenario is playing out in the USA only just a year or two later. The debt burdened states of California, New Jersey, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, New York & Florida will take down the credit rating of the strongest states in the USA such as Texas, Virginia, Washington & North Carolina along with the entire country.

IL, NY and MI will default, CA may default but as to the rest I would expect a work out of some sort.

Sweet Mama I can smell the pine cones in the montana mountains. That log house compound by the trout stream may be more than a dream, lol!!! Silver closes above 30. Yeeehaawwww!!!!

Sweet Mama I can smell the pine cones in the montana mountains. That log house compound by the trout stream may be more than a dream, lol!!! Silver closes above 30. Yeeehaawwww!!!!

Hey!

Banish those thoughts!

No cheerleading!

Mr. Market punishes cheerleading!

That's rule #1 of The Gold and Silver Thread!

Now go ask Mr. Market for forgiveness!

Hey!

Banish those thoughts!

No cheerleading!

My bad. Repenting to QE 7-15 as we speak.

Hey!

Banish those thoughts!

No cheerleading!

My bad. Repenting to QE 7-15 as we speak.

:up:

The problem is a nominal return of 1B to 1 in PM could mean standing still in real terms. You might need those silver coins to buy enough trout to eat.

Check out the US Debt Clock's new feature called "On This Day In 2015 at Current Rates" Workforce & Jobs numbers are horrible, a serious fiscal train wreck is coming & Obama & the Repubs just worked out a deal to extend all tax cuts, jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed and grant a one-year reduction in Social Security taxes. As a bonus we have Bernanke ready to pull the trigger on QEIII. It just doesn't get any better for Gold & Silver.

The big problem I have is my big ass SLV buy order on Ameritrade did not fill last week at the low point I had my bid limit price at while I was away. The price did hit my limit but there were not enough ask sellers at that level to fill my order. Now I am $4 behind the ball & still not in on SLV. My big GLD order did fill so I am only partially bummed. After that big screw-up I just broke down & decided to get a Windows Mobile Phone so I can keep a better eye on things while I am away. I am just now figuring the thing out. Now I just need to figure out how to put on Think or Swim & set up some market alerts on the thing so I don't have to be glued to my PC. At least for now now I can check to see if my order filled instead of just thinking it did when the price dipped to a certain level.

More advice to precious metals investors. Take Delivery!!! These coins take up very little space. Gold, Platinum & Palladium Less space than $100 bills in paper currency. Get yourself a good quality pocket scale & a nice Dial Caliper. Then go to a website like Monex to get the diameter, thickness & weight of the coins you are buying so you cant go wrong. Taking delivery leaves the market less metals to leverage causing the price to rise. You can short the ETF's like GLD & SLV to hedge the physical coins you have against market price drops to prevent ever needing to sell your coins. Many people are holding paper saying they own gold but they do not clearly understand the "Golden Rule". He who has the gold makes the rules. This rule is older than Jesus, the Roman Empire & likely older than the Bible & the written word. It is most certainly more stable than the US dollar or any paper contract you possess. If the SHTF would you rather have gold or a piece of paper or numbers on the computer screen?

Last edited:
Toro, what types of purchases do you make on precious metals? I bought some more junk 90 percent coins a week ago when silver fell to high 25's. I always take possession of it.

Wise decision.

The percentage of your cash you keep in this form depends, I suppose, on your confidence levels.

What percent over spot price are you paying for this junk coin?

Of course, the budget-busting tax cutting/unemployment insurance extending budget compromise between the GOP and the Democrats, which may add as much as $500 billion to the deficit, is bullish for gold and silver.

Check out the US Debt Clock's new feature called "On This Day In 2015 at Current Rates" Workforce & Jobs numbers are horrible, a serious fiscal train wreck is coming & Obama & the Repubs just worked out a deal to extend all tax cuts, jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed and grant a one-year reduction in Social Security taxes. As a bonus we have Bernanke ready to pull the trigger on QEIII. It just doesn't get any better for Gold & Silver.

The big problem I have is my big ass SLV buy order on Ameritrade did not fill last week at the low point I had my bid limit price at while I was away. The price did hit my limit but there were not enough ask sellers at that level to fill my order. Now I am $4 behind the ball & still not in on SLV. My big GLD order did fill so I am only partially bummed. After that big screw-up I just broke down & decided to get a Windows Mobile Phone so I can keep a better eye on things while I am away. I am just now figuring the thing out. Now I just need to figure out how to put on Think or Swim & set up some market alerts on the thing so I don't have to be glued to my PC. At least for now now I can check to see if my order filled instead of just thinking it did when the price dipped to a certain level.

More advice to precious metals investors. Take Delivery!!! These coins take up very little space. Gold, Platinum & Palladium Less space than $100 bills in paper currency. Get yourself a good quality pocket scale & a nice Dial Caliper. Then go to a website like Monex to get the diameter, thickness & weight of the coins you are buying so you cant go wrong. Taking delivery leaves the market less metals to leverage causing the price to rise. You can short the ETF's like GLD & SLV to hedge the physical coins you have against market price drops to prevent ever needing to sell your coins. Many people are holding paper saying they own gold but they do not clearly understand the "Golden Rule". He who has the gold makes the rules. This rule is older than Jesus, the Roman Empire & likely older than the Bible & the written word. It is most certainly more stable than the US dollar or any paper contract you possess. If the SHTF would you rather have gold or a piece of paper or numbers on the computer screen?

Gold & Silver have done a huge early morning reversal against all currencies. That is a very bad sign for the metals. This will sting a bit but hopefully It will set-up another entry point for me to get back into Silver after my screw-up in the above post.

Last edited:
The Trading Gods heard us gloating yesterday and they were angry! Gold and silver saw intraday reversals, with gold down 2.33% from the morning peak, and silver off 7.25%! The Trading Gods punish us who cheer! I liquidated all my positions and am stepping aside for the moment. I expect to re-establish my positions in the future. Support for gold is at $1380 and $1335. Support for silver is at $27.50 and ?.

The Trading Gods heard us gloating yesterday and they were angry! Gold and silver saw intraday reversals, with gold down 2.33% from the morning peak, and silver off 7.25%! The Trading Gods punish us who cheer! I liquidated all my positions and am stepping aside for the moment. I expect to re-establish my positions in the future. Support for gold is at $1380 and $1335. Support for silver is at $27.50 and ?.
It's also turnaround Tuesday.

Forum List

Back