The God of Abraham, as Described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran...

:eusa_eh: Is there any good reason not to lump ALL of the followers of this God in to one dysfunctional subset of humanity?

I know why Joe, Your eternal life.
Allah has no son. The God of Abraham has a son and that son paved the way for you to spend eternity in love and peace.
One says to love one another, as I have loved you. The other says the sweetest thing is to kill and be killed for Allah's sake.
Is that reason enough?

The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran...

:eusa_eh: Is there any good reason not to lump ALL of the followers of this God in to one dysfunctional subset of humanity?

Only Orthodox Trinitarian Christians follow the God of Abraham.

Allah has no son. The God of Abraham has a son and that son paved the way for you to spend eternity in love and peace.
One says to love one another, as I have loved you. The other says the sweetest thing is to kill and be killed for Allah's sake.
Is that reason enough?

Call Him what you will... All three of those ancient stories point to the God of Abraham, first described in The Torah. That's the 'God' behind Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All that bloodshed between people who worship the same fucking Deity.

I don't understand... why all the issues over how to worship the same God? :dunno:

No. There's no good reason.

Just as there's no good reason to publicly advance invalid reasoning, but that hasn't stopped you from doing so.

Is that reason enough?

Call Him what you will, All three of those ancient stories point to the God of Abraham, first described in The Torah. That's the 'God' behind Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All that bloodshed between people who worship the same fucking Deity.

I don't understand... why all the issues over how to worship the same God? :dunno:

ALLAH AND GOD ARE NOT THE SAME IN ANY LANGUAGE, IN ANY BOOK. The Son is why. Christ the Redeemer is why they are not the same.

One has a son. One does not. One promotes life, the other promotes death. One forgiveness, one revenge. One is all inclusive, the other selective. One seeks to collect His children, the other kills infidels.
How do you suggest we meld the two? What tenets shall we accept from Islam? Should we kill all homosexuals and cut their johnsons off and put it in their mouths?
Accept Islam, and their honor killings? Do you approve of killing your daughter for becoming to Americanized? Death to Americans? Yay Iran? Be headings?
What is it about Islam that you think we should embrace?

You are not saved by Allah, nor Buddha, nor Mother Earth. Jesus Christ is our salvation. He is our religion. The SON, The SON, The SON is what separates Christians from Islam.
God Bless you Joe. lol ;)

The Qur'an identifies Allah as none other than the God to whom Abraham offered 'submission' (islam) in the episode Jews and Christians know so well from Genesis 22, the story of the binding of Isaac.

The author of God: A Biography says Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God. - Beliefnet.com

Christians, Muslims and Jews may have different labels for Him, but they all worship the same God, and are therefore one, big dysfunctional family within the family of Man.
:dunno:

The Qur’an identifies Allah as none other than the God to whom Abraham offered “submission” (‘islam) in the episode Jews and Christians know so well from Genesis 22, the story of the binding of Isaac.

The author of God: A Biography says Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God. - Beliefnet.com

Christians, Muslims and Jews may have different labels for Him, but they all worship the same God, and are therefore one, big dysfunctional family within the family of Man.
:dunno:

You can keep saying it, and believing that to be true, but it doesn't make it so. :cool:

O.k., and again I ask... if not the God of Abraham as described in The Torah, who?

:dunno: Which God do you worship?

'Jehovah' is a (Christian) kluge: the ONE's Name is unpronounceable. Literally, it is silent: none of the letters makes a sound without having a vowel attached to it. And the vowels are not included in the Torah text (not on the actual scrolls).

It is not "forbidden" to say the Name: it's just that one wouldn't wish to be disrespectful or announce one's ignorance by addressing the LORD in such intimate address but incorrectly.

Forum List

Back