The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine

:cuckoo:Bull..Gaza is not under "occupation" Sinai is not "occupied" the Arabs could have made something in Gaza, but they chose to be a terrorist entity ending the "occupation" means no Israel that’s the way the Arabs want it get a clue idiot
WTF are you talking about? Israeli forces control practically everything that goes into (and out of) Gaza. They've had an economic blockade going on for the last 4 years. How can arabs build something in Gaza, when the Israeli's won't let them have building supply's? Gaza is a big, open air prison.

As for the Sinai, the Israeli's have over 500 checkpoints and roadblocks restricting Palestinian movement. Their Berlin Walls cut off water resources and cut across Palestinian farm land preventing their owners from accessing the other side of their own property.

If the arabs didn't want peace, then why was it Israel, that broke the ceasefire?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8dhrzQCHY]Islam: The Jews Are the Eternal Enemies of Muslims Regardless of the Occupation of Palestine - YouTube[/ame]

LOL!

If you say the Lukud are extremists, you probably don't know much about Israeli politics.

The Likud are not at all extremists.
They're not extremists?

They want to attack Iran, without any proof that they've weaponized their nuclear program. They consider ships bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza, a threat to their national security. They're outlawing dissent, so no one can criticize their political agenda's. They constantly lie about what they're doing to the Palestinian's and to top it off, they think their shit don't stink!

That's pretty extreme to me!

:cuckoo:Bull..Gaza is not under "occupation" Sinai is not "occupied" the Arabs could have made something in Gaza, but they chose to be a terrorist entity ending the "occupation" means no Israel that’s the way the Arabs want it get a clue idiot
WTF are you talking about? Israeli forces control practically everything that goes into (and out of) Gaza. They've had an economic blockade going on for the last 4 years. How can arabs build something in Gaza, when the Israeli's won't let them have building supply's? Gaza is a big, open air prison.

As for the Sinai, the Israeli's have over 500 checkpoints and roadblocks restricting Palestinian movement. Their Berlin Walls cut off water resources and cut across Palestinian farm land preventing their owners from accessing the other side of their own property.

If the arabs didn't want peace, then why was it Israel, that broke the ceasefire?

These things happen with a terrorist entity on your boarder

LOL!

If you say the Lukud are extremists, you probably don't know much about Israeli politics.

They're not extremists?

They want to attack Iran, without any proof that they've weaponized their nuclear program. They consider ships bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza, a threat to their national security. They're outlawing dissent, so no one can criticize their political agenda's. They constantly lie about what they're doing to the Palestinian's and to top it off, they think their shit don't stink!

So you consider anybody that chooses to defend themselves against Islamic animals, "extremists". The extremists are the nutjobs in Iran and Hamas. although I can think of a lot of things to call them then extremist. Terrorists, savages, backwards ass Neanderthals, genocidal maniacs, IslamoNazis, those are more appropriate names.

LOL!

They're not extremists?

1. Everyone talk all the time about attacking Iran 7/24 in Israel. in the time of their empty babbling the danger is getting bigger and nothing really happens.

But they're all talks. Nothing in field proved so far that Israel is going to attack Iran. everyone argue about it to death and the everage Israeli is kind tired of all the baseless babbles. We don't really see them doing anything in field.

We all know that when you talk about something or plan it to death, nothing really happens at the end.

2. The flotilla WAS a threat, there is no question about that. The flotilla WAS filled with Islamic terrorist, there is no question about it either. But today a report came out saying that the way of dealing with the flotilla was a joke. I agree with that.

3. I completely agree with your last half sentence. The Likud does stink. But not because of the Palestinians. the Likud is not supposed to be their national party,but ours, so it's not really a consideration. the Likud stinks to its own people and own voters. They always change their political path. They pretend to be rightist but they go against Jews instead of solving real problem. and that kinda sucks.

You think what some religous nutjob say's, is proof the 40 year occupation (in violation of international law) that make Palestinian daily life a living hell, is not the reason for hostilities.

When people say like "God, take your wrath on the infidels and the Jews," (simply because they are not muslims) you can wave the occupation card out of it, because when someone says that, it is clearly not an occupation thing. Even YOU would be able to see that.

if it was only ONE nutjob saying it, it would have been dismissed without question it. one drop in the sea. But it's not. Most of the Arabs think Jews are legalitimate target. including women and children. It's not one dtop in the sea anymore. more like galons of fuel.

You think what some religous nutjob say's, is proof the 40 year occupation (in violation of international law) that make Palestinian daily life a living hell, is not the reason for hostilities.
The reason for hostilities is Muslim inability to coexist with non Muslims. Which has to do with their religion.

Some of the staunchest supporters of Palestine are Palestinian Christians.

Doesn't that seem strange?

I think a former Israeli general (who was in charge of the '67 war), knows a little more about this subject, than some southern district resident, with an unusual bias towards defending Israeli actions.

most of the generals always do.

But the generals are also the ones that stay in command while the tiny soldiers go to battle.

And it's not a matter of "knowing more". I don't know the general, I am sure he knows much, and i respect each Israeli soldier in at least minimum amount of respect(result of being an army brat), it's a matter of opinion, and that kind of thing amuses me.

I can express it.

And saying the Palestinian "resistence" is not of violence is like saying cow crap doesn't stink.

and because I *AM* a southerner that I know that.

How many Palestinian terror attacks have you felt on your on flesh, Mr. loinboy?

Please answer my question honestly.

Nah, it's not one part it's entire sections, dipshit. And they've never abandoned it. Ever.
If you define "abandoned" as being officially removed from the Charter, then of coarse, you're right. If you define "abandoned" as that part not currently a part of their political platform, then you are wrong.

After Hamas candidates did well in the 2006 elections, their elected representatives made no mention of "wiping Israel out", as part of their goals.

although the Hamas charter calls for the destruction of Israel and the liberation of Palestine ‘from the river to the sea,’ the party’s campaign manifesto made no mention of these goals.”
In fact, their post-election statements said the opposite...

Rather than calling for Israel’s destruction following the election, however, Hamas instead reiterated its goal of establishing a Palestinian state alongside Israel within the 1967 borders. The top Hamas official in Gaza, Mahmoud al-Zahar, said if Israel “is ready to give us the national demand to withdraw from the occupied area [in] ’67; to release our detainees; to stop their aggression; to make geographic link between Gaza Strip and West Bank, at that time, with assurance from other sides, we are going to accept to establish our independent state at that time, and give us one or two, 10, 15 years time in order to see what is the real intention of Israel after that.” Hamas, he reiterated, was willing to “accept to establish our independent state on the area occupied [in] ’67”, a tacit recognition of the state of Israel.
So if the legally elected government of Gaza has not said it wanted to wipe Israel out, why do you keep insisting they did? They have no intention of publically admitting Israel's right to exist, as long as Israel prevents the Palestinian's right to self-determination.

most of the generals always do.

But the generals are also the ones that stay in command while the tiny soldiers go to battle.

And it's not a matter of "knowing more". I don't know the general, I am sure he knows much, and i respect each Israeli soldier in at least minimum amount of respect(result of being an army brat), it's a matter of opinion, and that kind of thing amuses me.

I can express it.

And saying the Palestinian "resistence" is not of violence is like saying cow crap doesn't stink.

and because I *AM* a southerner that I know that.

How many Palestinian terror attacks have you felt on your on flesh, Mr. loinboy?

Please answer my question honestly.
I'm not saying you're wrong. And I'm not trying to marginalize your personal experiences. But the whole point of the general and subsequently his son, was the fact that they started out believing everything you believe now about the Palestinian's. The general even killed many, many of them in support of Israel. But the more involved he got in this conflict, the more he saw problems with the Israeli position. And he went from full support of Israeli policies in the OPT, to completely against the occupation and Israels policy towards the Palestinain's.

Now, you have to make up your own mind, on your own terms. But does it registar at all with you, that someone that involved, can make such a drastic change in position, while not blindly accepting his comments as your truth, that maybe, just maybe, you need to do a little more research in this area, to find out for yourself?

BTW, how many times do I have to state I do not support acts of Palestinian terrorism, before you stop acting like I do? And when are you going to start dealing with Israeli acts of terrorism, honestly and responsibly?

When people say like "God, take your wrath on the infidels and the Jews," (simply because they are not muslims) you can wave the occupation card out of it, because when someone says that, it is clearly not an occupation thing. Even YOU would be able to see that.

if it was only ONE nutjob saying it, it would have been dismissed without question it. one drop in the sea. But it's not. Most of the Arabs think Jews are legalitimate target. including women and children. It's not one dtop in the sea anymore. more like galons of fuel.
Do you know most arabs? Have you met most arabs? Then why do you act like you can speak for them?

Forum List

Back