The Future Looks Bleak?

What the Hell?

My wive and I have decided to do some church shopping and so on Sunday we go to a non-denomination church to see what the preacher has to say. He was pretty good but one of his major messages was,"I expect to see the Lord any day now and your bodies will change". In other words the rhapsody.
Today, I go to a coin dealer that I've never met before and he starts talking about how this country is going down the tubes just like the the super powers of the past Egypt, Greece, Romans, etc. Well, at least 12 other people gather around and everyone ends up talking about survival and the bleakness of the future.

I've just noticed that over the last year or so that people seem allot more worried, edgy and in general pretty pessimistic about the future. I've also noticed that all you have to say is hello and people are open to conversation and usually end up on hard luck stories of themselves and the people they know. I tell you my optimistic approach to life is taking a hit lately.

So.. whats your vision on the future?

o fuck me running lumpy...its rapture....not rhapsody....rapture damn it....

now let me give you another little factoid...rapture is never said in the bible....rapture is a term populized in the early 1900's.

Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i am a fucking pagan and know that....people amaze me and not always in a good way

okay i have now read the entire thread...not one of you sorry asses claiming to be christians noted the term was wrong...what is wrong with you people?

do you even read this book you claim is so holy to you....

skull i cant believe you didnt catch it....i do expect a little better or your surly ass...

okay i have now read the entire thread...not one of you sorry asses claiming to be christians noted the term was wrong...what is wrong with you people?

do you even read this book you claim is so holy to you....

skull i cant believe you didnt catch it....i do expect a little better or your surly ass...
I don't care for Rhapsody personally. It seems to wanna take over the puter so I was just going to pass on posting in this thread until you stuck your nose in it.

Ah hell, it appears that Strollingbones beat me to the ribbing I was going to give lumpy... rhapsody?

It is unfair to ask such a question at this time especially to someone whose job is no longer on the President's "saved job" list. Right now the future looks as bleak as hell!

Employment opportunities are slim and far between. It seems like 98% of the jobs listed, at least in the accounting/finance fields, come from employment agencies and most of us know that those jobs don't exists, they are no more than fishing expeditions to ring up business.

Life sucks at the moment. I want a frigging job! I'm going crazy and it has only been 12 days.

Immie

What the Hell?

My wive and I have decided to do some church shopping and so on Sunday we go to a non-denomination church to see what the preacher has to say. He was pretty good but one of his major messages was,"I expect to see the Lord any day now and your bodies will change". In other words the rhapsody.

Today, I go to a coin dealer that I've never met before and he starts talking about how this country is going down the tubes just like the the super powers of the past Egypt, Greece, Romans, etc. Well, at least 12 other people gather around and everyone ends up talking about survival and the bleakness of the future.

I've just noticed that over the last year or so that people seem allot more worried, edgy and in general pretty pessimistic about the future. I've also noticed that all you have to say is hello and people are open to conversation and usually end up on hard luck stories of themselves and the people they know. I tell you my optimistic approach to life is taking a hit lately.

Err.. Wouldn't that be "rapture", rather than "rhapsody"?

What the Hell?

o fuck me running lumpy...its rapture....not rhapsody....rapture damn it....

now let me give you another little factoid...rapture is never said in the bible....rapture is a term populized in the early 1900's.

Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i am a fucking pagan and know that....people amaze me and not always in a good way

Man... that was stupid.. "Rhapsody".. what a maroon, what was I thinking?..

Oh.. and thank you Strolling for so gently pointing it out in your caring and sweet way..:lol:

I'll read up on the link and you can get "ready to rumble" .. well, maybe.

Last edited:
Ah hell, it appears that Strollingbones beat me to the ribbing I was going to give lumpy... rhapsody?

It is unfair to ask such a question at this time especially to someone whose job is no longer on the President's "saved job" list. Right now the future looks as bleak as hell!

Employment opportunities are slim and far between. It seems like 98% of the jobs listed, at least in the accounting/finance fields, come from employment agencies and most of us know that those jobs don't exists, they are no more than fishing expeditions to ring up business.

Life sucks at the moment. I want a frigging job! I'm going crazy and it has only been 12 days.

Immie

Sheez.. sounds like you need to give out a few lumps, feel free, I am afterall... Lumpy already..:lol:

What the Hell?

Err.. Wouldn't that be "rapture", rather than "rhapsody"?

Yes Dis .. yes it would......(revelation)...I'm human , I have flaws..

ready to rumble.....lumpy i may be a pagan but i was raised in a strict southern baptist home......bring it.....

So much for Bravado..

When you look at it.. my post had more to do with doom and gloom or the reverse depending on the members opinion.
I'm fairly unqualified to argue religion and the meaning of passages in the Bible. I read over your link and there were indeed passages in the Bible that had reverences that could be related to the, "Rapture". For me reading and full understanding of the passages in the Bible requires a lot of time and effort which I'm not willing to spend, just now.

I must say though, I'd love to rumble with you...

Last edited:
What the Hell?

So.. whats your vision of the future?

Blow-up Lizard - Picture of the Day - NickScipio.com

What the Hell?

A cloud of gloom seems to enveloping the country at the moment, which is a bad sign.

I'm holding out for some good news and hopefully soon, a change to the positive direction.

Our political system is doing nothing but butting heads. I don't know why I should have hope for them, the evidence is lacking but what choice is there?

Last edited:
What the Hell?

Blame it on the GOP. This has been their message since at least the Nixon Administration...electing liberals means we're all going to die a slow and hungry death.

btw, it is a lot not allot...jeesh! I guess trashing the English language is a sure sign of the failure of America...hahahaha.

What the Hell?

Blame it on the GOP. This has been their message since at least the Nixon Administration...electing liberals means we're all going to die a slow and hungry death.

btw, it is a lot not allot...jeesh! I guess trashing the English language is a sure sign of the failure of America...hahahaha.

That's funny, my daughter and I argued about ..a lot.. or.. allot.. just yesterday.. if you're right, I owe her an apology. Damn .. you're both right...:eusa_clap:

What the Hell?

A cloud of gloom seems to enveloping the country at the moment, which is a bad sign.

I'm holding out for some good news and hopefully soon, a change to the positive direction.

Our political system is doing nothing but butting heads. I don't know why I should have hope for them, the evidence is lacking but what choice is there?
I'm going to sit back and watch justice rain down.

I'm going to sit back and watch justice rain down.

What's the mystery, rain down on.....?

the future...ah man and his ego...the future is something we cannot control...we are merely mortals....who give ourselves a lot of credit for walking upright and having an opposable thumb...

but the darkness...and gloom are sad...i remember when people looked forward ...said this was a great country and would always be...not now....you got your partisan hacks who want ever president to fail and they have to spread their doom and gloom....

me, i am an upbeat person most of the time...but simple people always are

Forum List

Back