The future is here (and it's bleak)

China to launch ‘Black Mirror’ style social credit system by 2020

Okay, this thread isn't about China. But it just so happens China is the first to implement this kind of thing.

"Social credit" the Chinese "Communist" Party calls it. Mind control might be how others call it.

If you do something "wrong" your social credit score goes down. I also believe that your "friends" on social media like wechat will also see their scores go down.
Buying alcohol (it's legal, so what the fuck?) will reduce your score, crime, tax evasion too.
Doing community service and buying Chinese goods will increase your score (again, what the fuck?).

If your score is too low, you can't use public transport (fucking hell) go to a "good" university, basically there'll be a caste system whereby poor people won't be able to get out of the hell the govt has created for them. The rich will probably pay people to do their community service for them.

Can you imagine being able to do 100 hours of community service in one day so your kid can go to university and you get VIP treatment?

Now, from China to the rest of the world. The US is becoming more and more like China, more controlling. They'll see this social credit system "working" and they'll jump at it, who wouldn't?

This is the future. Mind control, what the leader say is good, what you say... who gives a fuck what you say?

Okay, this thread isn't about China. But it just so happens China is the first to implement this kind of thing.

"Social credit" the Chinese "Communist" Party calls it. Mind control might be how others call it.

If you do something "wrong" your social credit score goes down. I also believe that your "friends" on social media like wechat will also see their scores go down.
Buying alcohol (it's legal, so what the fuck?) will reduce your score, crime, tax evasion too.
Doing community service and buying Chinese goods will increase your score (again, what the fuck?).

If your score is too low, you can't use public transport (fucking hell) go to a "good" university, basically there'll be a caste system whereby poor people won't be able to get out of the hell the govt has created for them. The rich will probably pay people to do their community service for them.

Can you imagine being able to do 100 hours of community service in one day so your kid can go to university and you get VIP treatment?

Now, from China to the rest of the world. The US is becoming more and more like China, more controlling. They'll see this social credit system "working" and they'll jump at it, who wouldn't?

This is the future. Mind control, what the leader say is good, what you say... who gives a fuck what you say?
This is exactly what liberals are doing now, by using racist, homophobe, transaphobe, if you don't think the way liberals think. You get Kayne Wested.

I definitely see this as something liberals would love to implement.

I was just thinking it was something Trump would love.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
maybe against the media. :) overall - dunno. he's ejected far too many regulations so far to really pinpoint him as someone who's trying to control the common person.

While it is a topic for a different thread, tariffs are all about control.

maybe against the media. :) overall - dunno. he's ejected far too many regulations so far to really pinpoint him as someone who's trying to control the common person.

to a point but i am more talking day to day lives. for example, i can't see trump taking up the "where do we pee?" fight.

But it's something that right wingers are implementing. And please, don't get me started on "but, but they're Communists so they're left wing", they're NOT Communist.
Correct.

China is neither ‘communist’ nor is it ‘the left.’

China is an authoritarian single party dictatorship.

And a policy such as this to compel social conformity is typical of authoritarians, including American conservatives – the right’s desire to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans and their hostility toward the right to privacy are examples of authoritarian conservatives’ desire to compel conformity.

Hey, they sound just like our Psychocrats

to a point but i am more talking day to day lives. for example, i can't see trump taking up the "where do we pee?" fight.

Only because he choose to run as a Repub, so he acts accordingly.

But it's something that right wingers are implementing. And please, don't get me started on "but, but they're Communists so they're left wing", they're NOT Communist.
Correct.

China is neither ‘communist’ nor is it ‘the left.’

China is an authoritarian single party dictatorship.

And a policy such as this to compel social conformity is typical of authoritarians, including American conservatives – the right’s desire to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans and their hostility toward the right to privacy are examples of authoritarian conservatives’ desire to compel conformity.
A policy such as this to compel social conformity is typical of leftism. You can't get any more left than a single party dictatorship. Conservatives aren't hostile to the right of privacy. The left is.

They are also NOT right wingers.

China has always been this way.

It just sounds like an expansion of their Dang'an system. Their system of record keeping and tracking the citizen from birth to death would and has always been invasive and onerous to us. And. . our system has always wanted to emulate it.

But, the statists and leftists here always have the motto, "If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide," to justify this sort of state intrusiveness.

Public records in China - Wikipedia

The poster Mindwars was always warning about this sort of stuff, she was continually and roundly made fun of.

Yes it has. It seems to be the next logical step. They've taken to technology like the Japanese, hardly surprising that they're basically the same ethically (at least the Han).

But that doesn't mean it won't seem into the US. Saying it won't is dangerous.

The Patriot Act happened, prisoners in Guantanamo happened. Wars for profit happened. This is what the US is becoming and the next step would be some kind of system like this. Get a nice war going, give reasons for needing more security and WHAM.

he's ejected far too many regulations so far to really pinpoint him as someone who's trying to control the common person.
His royal proclamations to void regulations are all to give freedom to industry, regardless of the environmental damage.
Conservatives want to conserve the status quo, not the planet. Likes moths to a flame.

he's ejected far too many regulations so far to really pinpoint him as someone who's trying to control the common person.
His royal proclamations to void regulations are all to give freedom to industry, regardless of the environmental damage.
Conservatives want to conserve the status quo, not the planet. Likes moths to a flame.
and liberals gotta be an overstating drama queen everywhere they go.

like idiots to anyone who will listen to them.

Of course I'm against it.

China has always been this way.

It just sounds like an expansion of their Dang'an system. Their system of record keeping and tracking the citizen from birth to death would and has always been invasive and onerous to us. And. . our system has always wanted to emulate it.

But, the statists and leftists here always have the motto, "If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide," to justify this sort of state intrusiveness.

Public records in China - Wikipedia

The poster Mindwars was always warning about this sort of stuff, she was continually and roundly made fun of.

Yes it has. It seems to be the next logical step. They've taken to technology like the Japanese, hardly surprising that they're basically the same ethically (at least the Han).

But that doesn't mean it won't seem into the US. Saying it won't is dangerous.

The Patriot Act happened, prisoners in Guantanamo happened. Wars for profit happened. This is what the US is becoming and the next step would be some kind of system like this. Get a nice war going, give reasons for needing more security and WHAM.
well from what i understand you didn't want the prisoners in your home, so they put them in a prison.

You see this at every Trump rally.

Forum List

Back