The Founders on Religion

There was no inalienable right given to keep guns. The right could be removed by amendment or Court decision.
Rights don’t come from government, snowflake. Rights are protected and defended by government. Rights come from God.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
Psst...Regent...“their Creator” means God. My rights come from God. I don’t answer to man. What a shame that you do. Man is flawed. Man is unethical. Man can even be evil. Dumbocrats prove all of that every day.

Excerpt From United States Declaration of Independence
United States. This material may be protected by copyright.
[/QUOTE So it was God that created the copyright laws, and did God create those laws for all men or just certain men?
Why did Jefferson use the word creator and not the word God in the declaration?
If our rights come from God, do we have to stop for red lights? Why would God create Democrats if they are evil? Why would God appoint a Democrat to tell us of our rights and why until 1776?

So it was God that created the copyright laws
You are struggling more than usual today, snowflake. We were clearly discussing rights. Why did you whip the wheel and make a drastic turn at high speeds to laws (especially copyright laws)? :laugh:

Please tell me the word "right" in copyright doesn't have you all confused? LMAO!!! Snowflake, laws are made by man. Rights are made by God. Copyright is just man's protection of intellectual property. Nothing less. Nothing more.

I have no idea what in the hell this has to do with anything...but I'll answer for you just to educate your more about our founders in general and Thomas Jefferson in particular (because you desperately need it).

Because Thomas Jefferson recognized that there were many different forms of faith. To ensure that there was no ambiguity or "loopholes" for idiots (like today's progressives) to exploit, he used the term CREATOR. Had he said "God", some idiot Muslim would have said "well that doesn't apply for us because we worship Allah", therefore we can take away your rights.

Creator embodies every single name for every single faith. It's air-tight.

What is the evidence that rights come from God?
I have no idea what in the hell this has to do with anything...but I'll answer for you just to educate your more about our founders in general and Thomas Jefferson in particular (because you desperately need it).

Because Thomas Jefferson recognized that there were many different forms of faith. To ensure that there was no ambiguity or "loopholes" for idiots (like today's progressives) to exploit, he used the term CREATOR. Had he said "God", some idiot Muslim would have said "well that doesn't apply for us because we worship Allah", therefore we can take away your rights.

Creator embodies every single name for every single faith. It's air-tight.
I don't think it was the Muslims that worried Jefferson but the American Christians. All of these concepts had been through the ringer before Jefferson. brought them up.

Sad, religion a very personal thing, now an ax to use against each other, man against his fellow man. how many religious wars have we had, how many more do we need ?

The “evidence” is so overwhelming and obvious that it is self-evident...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
The “evidence” is that I am born a free man. When one comes out of the womb - does God have them in chains or are they completely free? When one comes out of the womb - does God have tape over their mouth or are they completely free to speak? The list goes on.

Correction yet another left-wing false narrative. This time it is the lie that the founders wanted to build a "secular nation" in which the government was "free from religion".

"And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. It is substantially true, that virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government. The rule, indeed, extends with more or less force to every species of free government. Who, that is a sincere friend to it, can look with indifference upon attempts to shake the foundation of the fabric?"

— George Washington Farewell Address (September 19, 1796)
The worst thing the founders did was to insert the clause that "congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion." I believe that if they were keenly aware of the really vile things religion could incite people to do, they would have placed restrictions on it. They were clearly did not know why their people were being captured and enslaved by Muslims and once they found out that the Muslim's told them the Quran gave them permission to do so, only got them to stop when threatened with force. Had they also been aware that Mayans and Incans sacrificed humans at one time, they would have definitely placed restrictions on religion and it they had done so, we wouldn't be having the problem we do today with Islam, at least not here.

If anyone THINKS they understand the relationship between God and the founding fathers' intent for this country, I strongly suggest you review these:

Constitution 2017 - Lesson 1 - Hillsdale College Online Courses - Hillsdale College
Introduction to the Constitution Part 1 - Hillsdale College Online Courses - Hillsdale College

They are quick courses on the direct intent of the founding fathers by exploring the relationship between God, the Bible, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States. They will forever put to rest any question in your mind about the intent of the founding fathers.

The “evidence” is so overwhelming and obvious that it is self-evident...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
The “evidence” is that I am born a free man. When one comes out of the womb - does God have them in chains or are they completely free? When one comes out of the womb - does God have tape over their mouth or are they completely free to speak? The list goes on.

Since man was free to speak out of the womb, when did man first declare that he had unalienable rights? Did all mankind know they had unalienable rights from the beginning, and did all mankind know what his rights were and are?

So how come the cons keep voting for sinners , adulterers, child molesters, non practicing pussy grabbers? Where is Jesus in all of this?
Also where is your compassion towards to those who come here for a better life? And wassup with being too racist, aggessive and war hungry? Is that what the gospel is all about?
I didnt vote for Bill Clinton

So how come the cons keep voting for sinners , adulterers, child molesters, non practicing pussy grabbers? Where is Jesus in all of this?
Also where is your compassion towards to those who come here for a better life? And wassup with being too racist, aggessive and war hungry? Is that what the gospel is all about?
Trump?

Trump?
That is not who was described

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Because, like Jesus, we recognize that all men are sinners.

Did all mankind know they had unalienable rights from the beginning, and did all mankind know what his rights were and are?
When did man first knit undergarments? And did they know that those undergarments would eventually lead to the textile industry?

Did all mankind know they had unalienable rights from the beginning, and did all mankind know what his rights were and are?
When did man first knit undergarments? And did they know that those undergarments would eventually lead to the textile industry?
I'm not into men's undergarments.
But you are into trying to derail a thread by posting nonsensical questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Forum List

Back