The first "Assualt" Rifle...

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I keep hearing how the Founders never envisioned the modern semi-automatic and automatic rifles and guns.

I wave the Bullshit flag on that.

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

This is the Puckle. It could fire 63 rounds in 7 minutes and it was invented in 1718.

That's right. 1718.

Joseph Belton invented a gun that could fire 16 - 20 shots in 5 seconds in 1777 and tried to sell it to the Continental Congress, who refused the order because they cost too much.

Gunpowder was invented in China in the 9th century and has been increasingly used in warfare ever since. It still doesn't mean that every racist jagoff should be allowed to walk down the street with the capacity to kill 60 other people.

I keep hearing how the Founders never envisioned the modern semi-automatic and automatic rifles and guns.

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

This is the Puckle. It could fire 63 rounds in 7 minutes and it was invented in 1718.

That's right. 1718.

Joseph Belton invented a gun that could fire 16 - 20 shots in 5 seconds in 1777 and tried to sell it to the Continental Congress, who refused the order because they cost too much.

The sheer, steel-clad beauty of the Puckle notwithstanding, what does a gun invented in 1718 have to do with up-to-the-minute political action? Did some lowlife just threaten to use one or something?

Gunpowder was invented in China in the 9th century and has been increasingly used in warfare ever since. It still doesn't mean that every racist jagoff should be allowed to walk down the street with the capacity to kill 60 other people.

Interesting.

Under the right of free speech, whether you like it or not, that person is allowed to be racist. He just isn't allowed to impinge on the rights of others by discriminating or oppressing those he hates.

This is because you cannot point to an intermediate and yet tenable position which would prevent a racist from voicing his opinions that would not affect all non-racists.

Just so with the right to to bear arms. Whether you like it or not, a "jagoff" is allowed to walk down the street with the capacity to kill other 60 people. He just isn't allowed to kill 60 other people.

This is because you cannot point to an intermediate and yet tenable position which would prevent a "jagoff" from bearing arms that would not affect all non-jagoffs.

There is another thread on this board about "collective punishments" and in the thread it was defined as;
Collective punishment is the punishment of a group of people as a result of the behavior of one or more other individuals or groups. The punished group may often have no direct association with the other individuals or groups, or direct control over their actions.
This is exactly what gun laws are! Gun Restrictions are the punishment of many for the acts of a few, which fit the definition of "collective punishments" to a T.

Last edited:
The sheer, steel-clad beauty of the Puckle notwithstanding, what does a gun invented in 1718 have to do with up-to-the-minute political action? Did some lowlife just threaten to use one or something?

Are you saying that you have not heard the Left Wing, Anti-gun, argument that the 2nd Amendment is outdated because the Founders never envisioned modern day weapons?

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

That's right. 1718.

and bentons gun used a large capacity magazine

I wouldn't object to the second amendment if we still lived in the time of the muzzle loading flintlock , which is the weapon G. Washington, & T. Jefferson referred to at the time the Constitution was written. This Gun, I can't see as a threat, either. Imagine trying to hide this monster under your trench coat before you went in to shoot up a bunch of kids at the local preschool.

Last edited:
I wouldn't object to the second amendment if we still lived in the time of the muzzle loading flintlock , which is the weapon G. Washington, & T. Jefferson referred to at the time the Constitution was written.

Absolutely agree. Can you provide the quotes from those two individuals to prove to the "I'll take everything on faith except shit that's real" conservatards that they were, beyond a shadow of a doubt, referring to the muzzle-loading flintlock specifically? I'd post them myself, but I don't have them readily available.

This Gun, I can't see as a threat, either. Imagine trying to hide this monster under your trench coat before you went in to shoot up a bunch of kids at the local preschool.

Again, you've hit this one out of the park. Wake up, conservatards--the Second Amendment only applies the weapons you can't easily carry or conceal, like muzzle-loading flintlocks, or OP's weapon, or nukes. The Founding Patriarchal Scum didn't intend for weapons to be easily moved or hidden, and they had absolutely no way of foreseeing the developments in modern technology that have made those things possible.

I wouldn't object to the second amendment if we still lived in the time of the muzzle loading flintlock , which is the weapon G. Washington, & T. Jefferson referred to at the time the Constitution was written.

Absolutely agree. Can you provide the quotes from those two individuals to prove to the "I'll take everything on faith except shit that's real" conservatards that they were, beyond a shadow of a doubt, referring to the muzzle-loading flintlock specifically? I'd post them myself, but I don't have them readily available.

This Gun, I can't see as a threat, either. Imagine trying to hide this monster under your trench coat before you went in to shoot up a bunch of kids at the local preschool.

Again, you've hit this one out of the park. Wake up, conservatards--the Second Amendment only applies the weapons you can't easily carry or conceal, like muzzle-loading flintlocks, or OP's weapon, or nukes. The Founding Patriarchal Scum didn't intend for weapons to be easily moved or hidden, and they had absolutely no way of foreseeing the developments in modern technology that have made those things possible.

:lol::lol::lol: The Founders were far more intelligent than you and yes, they felt that all small arms were fair game. They had pistols waaaaaaay back then too.

Collier-b.JPG

That there is the Collier Flintlock revolver.

Also the Founders had no problem with civilians owning CANNON! Yup, look up the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston sometime.

I watched a show on the History Channel last night that stated that the KENTUCKY LONG RIFLE was the first TRUE "assault rifle" that the Continental Army used.

Last edited:

LOL, every background check should include an "Are You Racist?" test.

I wouldn't object to the second amendment if we still lived in the time of the muzzle loading flintlock , which is the weapon G. Washington, & T. Jefferson referred to at the time the Constitution was written. This Gun, I can't see as a threat, either. Imagine trying to hide this monster under your trench coat before you went in to shoot up a bunch of kids at the local preschool.

Sounds to me like you are imagining just that. :badgrin:

A Freudian slip?

LOL, every background check should include an "Are You Racist?" test.

That might actual scare the far left in not supporting back ground checks as non of the far left would be allowed to own a gun.

I watched a show on the History Channel last night that stated that the KENTUCKY LONG RIFLE was the first TRUE "assault rifle" that the Continental Army used.

Well the history channel hasn't really been good with the whole 'history' part in years. They are pretty much a punchline in a South Park episode these days. The first designated assault rifle was the STG44.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66hHoaTkCA]STG44 - YouTube[/ame]

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

That's right. 1718.

Can anybody find out how much it would have cost?
They could have ended the war with this thing if they had the supplies to make it work and if they did a little more research into making it work.

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

That's right. 1718.

It appears too big to conceal when one needs to sneak into a school room or a movie theater, and the cost might be an issue for some.

Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

That's right. 1718.

what does a gun invented in 1718 have to do with up-to-the-minute political action?

well the framers didnt pen

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed Except for the Puckle or the
Girardoni

Forum List

Back