The Fight Against the Health Care Takeover

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by dblack, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    Now that the dust of the election is settling, what can those of us opposed to PPACA do to fight it? Is de-funding a realistic approach? What are the various states up to in terms of resisting the federal ambitions?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,247
    I just found out, the deciding judge on the Supreme Court didn't just let it pass.
    He actually CHANGED text so the wording would make the insurance mandates a TAX.
    That is not proper legal procedure or jurisdiction of the Court. The proper way would be to reject it, and it would have to go all the way through Congress again to rewrite it, since it passed not as a tax paid to govt but as requiring people to buy private insurance.

Are there any legal groups fighting this?
    Of course, the supporters of the bill are not going to challenge the Court for amending the bill for them. It is clearly outside of judicial power to do that, from what I was told.

Can this be confirmed? And what judicial or govt watchdog groups are possibly fighting this legally?

Heck, if the bill can just be amended manually, without going through Congress, why not change opt out to opt in?

And require that the parties/supporters/leaders who signed off and agree to this bill, be under it and fund it. While those who believe in other constitutional means of covering one's health care are free to fund/support other systems besides insurance mandated by govt.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    Roberts didn't rewrite the bill - just 'reinterpreted' it. SC judges are good at that. He claimed that regardless of what they called it, it's really was a tax. And if voters were too dumb to realize that - well, fuck them. He also cited the federal practice of manipulating society with arbitrary taxation as a hallowed tradition and used it to justify leaving the mandate in place. He probably realized that striking down the mandate would jeopardize all the tax incentives, along with wide swaths of federal power - as well as piss off the Democrats - and in the end he simply couldn't muster the courage to do the right thing. Or maybe he thinks the government should have that much power. Either way, he fucked us.

4. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    You could start by taking financial responsibility for your own health care but that's exactly what the rw's are against.

Why is it that you rw's always ask someone else to give you what you want - in this case, answers to questions that you could easily find for yourself.

Same with ACA. From your previous posts n this subject, its obvious that you don't have a friggin clue what is actually in the ACA. Instead of looking it up and finding out how you can make it work for you, you just sit around a whine your ignorance.

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,307
    insurance companies are looking for a nice raise. The government is controlled by corporate America.

6. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    I'm not sure what "rw's" are against, but I'm opposed to PPACA precisely because it takes away financial responsibility for our health care.

7. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    You really don't know anything about ObamaCare, do you. If you did, you would know that you must buy your own health insurance unless you cannot afford it. You would also know that you don't have to buy health insurance even if you CAN afford it and have the option instead, of showing financial responsibility.

IOW, you must take financial responsibility for your own health care insurance. I can't imagine how you think the opposite is true but really, that is YOUR problem.

In spite of your ignorance, I see you have not commented on this thread -

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...healthcare/261250-obamacare-cuts-deficit.html

And obviously not clicked on the links on the same page as the op link. None of the rws have because - well, its full of those damn pesky FACTS and we can't have that, now can we.

You're posting the same ignorance BS as you have for weeks now.

Have you bothered to read even one FACTUAL website?

And, no, I don't mean britebart, dredge, fux. I mean REAL websites.

8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    Responsibility is about accepting accountability for your actions and decisions. Like the decision of how much health insurance you need. PPACA 'alleviates' us of the responsibility of making that decision by making it for us.

What you're describing is not 'responsibility', it's obedience.

9. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Like other rw's, you hear what you want to hear and ignore what doesn't feed your agenda.

Fine.

10. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    Whatever. I wasn't really interested in more of your corporatist shilling anyway. I'm looking to discuss plans to thwart the sellout