The FBY and Boeing

Thankfully, both Democrats and Republicans fly, so this issue is not a partisan one and both sides are seeking answers. I cannot believe how clueless Boeing management is, or how such a company does not have a robust safety culture. Where I worked the company preached safety incessantly, mainly concerned with injuries on the job, but we repeatedly had training about safety.

What is wrong with Boeing is simple greed. It's a rot called "shareholder value". Nothing is more important in a publicly traded company than "shareholder value".

Back when the 747 was being developed it was a drain on profits. Once they finally got it off the ground though it became a huge profit for Boeing but no one running a company wants to go through the development stage like that again.

It's why Boeing created the "Max". It was a short cut. It ended up costing people their lives and it was sheer luck more lives haven't been lost.

Boeing knew they had problems but decided to take the risks anyway. There should have been a criminal investigation, charges and people in prison years ago.
I agree very much. Never for transport category aircraft like Boeings, but I worked as a production test pilot for 2 small aircraft. In those days I learned much about the FAA aircraft certification process.

Clearly Boeing cheated in bringing MAX under the old 737 type certificate from back in the 60s. Honesty and professionalism demanded that the MAX was an entire new airplane and thus demanded that regular flight testing be a part of the process. Boeing cheated in that regard.

Forum List

Back