The Farce of CDC Spending

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Wasting YOUR tax money on studying violent video games. Helmet laws. Reducing the Impact of Green Tobacco Sickness among Latino Farmworkers. The CDC believes this can be done through neighborhood transformation by “increasing access to healthy foods by supporting local farmers and developing neighborhood grocery stores,” and “promoting improvements in sidewalks and street lighting to make it safe and easy for people to walk and ride bikes.”

Just how much has gone into this garbage – instead of studying how to control diseases?

Read more @ Doug Ross Journal Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on Community Transformation Than On... Disease Control

Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster @ Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster Hot Air

Farcical OP based upon a biased blogger's rantings!

:lol:
Okay then, can you refute a single claim in the article? Just one?

Sure. Your source was clueless as to why the CDC was studying firearm deaths.

Why is the CDC studying gun violence and wasting efforts on helmet laws you ask?

I have absolutely no idea.

The CDC was banned by Republicans from studying firearm deaths. The result of that ban was that the NRA was allowed free reign to spread it's pro gun propaganda unchallenged. The CDC is now doing studies to determine the causes of firearm deaths in order to determine if there are safe and effective means to reduce them.

Now it's the NRA's fault that so much of YOUR money was wasted on studying why obese women were attractive to certain men? Or why some people are annoyed by the sound cicadas make?

You demanded that I refute a "single claim" in your failed OP.

I did exactly that.

Your response is to deflect into nonsensical drivel similar to that of your source.

You have effectively negated your own thread.

Have a nice day.

I did exactly that.

Your response is to deflect into nonsensical drivel similar to that of your source.

Have a nice day.
What do guns have to do with disease control?

Well, that tells me you don't know the definition of disease.

I did exactly that.

Have a nice day.

Firearms deaths.

60% of all firearm deaths are suicides which are usually accompanied by depression.

But you don't understand that there also mental diseases that the CDC should be concerned with investigating?

While those suicides might not affect you personally the mass murders committed by the mentally unbalanced is becoming a major problem.

Normal people don't want their children murdered by some nutjob with easy access to lethal weapons.

Your ignorance does not mean that the CDC should not be doing it's job investigating firearm deaths.

The NIH is the one that studying depression would fall to-not the cdc.

I did exactly that.

Have a nice day.

Firearms deaths.

60% of all firearm deaths are suicides which are usually accompanied by depression.

But you don't understand that there also mental diseases that the CDC should be concerned with investigating?

While those suicides might not affect you personally the mass murders committed by the mentally unbalanced is becoming a major problem.

Normal people don't want their children murdered by some nutjob with easy access to lethal weapons.

Your ignorance does not mean that the CDC should not be doing it's job investigating firearm deaths.

Why hasn't the cdc issued any grants for ebola research, if grants.gov, is correct, when they have a $6.2 billion $ budget to study infectious diseases?

The NIH is the one that studying depression would fall to-not the cdc.

I did exactly that.

Have a nice day.

Firearms deaths.

Where is it written in stone that only the NIH is allowed to study depression?

Why is the CDC studying gun violence and wasting efforts on helmet laws you ask?

The CDC was banned by Republicans from studying firearm deaths. The result of that ban was that the NRA was allowed free reign to spread it's pro gun propaganda unchallenged. The CDC is now doing studies to determine the causes of firearm deaths in order to determine if there are safe and effective means to reduce them.

Firearms deaths are not due to a disease. Thus the CDC is engaging in "studies" with a purely political motivation. If they actually wanted to do something that would reduce the number of deaths and that actually DID exist within their purview they could look at the number of deaths due to medical misdiagnosis, faulty prescriptions, infections transmitted within hospitals etc. All of which are responsible for THREE TIMES the number of gun deaths, and most of which are totally preventable.

Firearms deaths are not due to a disease. Thus the CDC is engaging in "studies" with a purely political motivation. If they actually wanted to do something that would reduce the number of deaths and that actually DID exist within their purview they could look at the number of deaths due to medical misdiagnosis, faulty prescriptions, infections transmitted within hospitals etc. All of which are responsible for THREE TIMES the number of gun deaths, and most of which are totally preventable.

Mental illness is a disease just like any other. The fact that it not only results in tens of thousands on individual deaths (suicides by firearms) each year but is also resulting in the deaths of innocent victims via mass shootings on an every increasing scale makes it relevant to study.

From the POV of a gun owner if there is a way to reduce these firearm deaths with medical treatment then that has got to be a good thing since it will eliminate some of the stigma that has become attached to owning guns. Simply by preventing suicides that could reduce firearm deaths by 2/3rd every year. That has got to be something that you would support. I know that I do.

Mental illness is a disease just like any other. The fact that it not only results in tens of thousands on individual deaths (suicides by firearms) each year but is also resulting in the deaths of innocent victims via mass shootings on an every increasing scale makes it relevant to study.

From the POV of a gun owner if there is a way to reduce these firearm deaths with medical treatment then that has got to be a good thing since it will eliminate some of the stigma that has become attached to owning guns. Simply by preventing suicides that could reduce firearm deaths by 2/3rd every year. That has got to be something that you would support. I know that I do.

Mental illness is not a disease just like any other. Mental illnesses can not be cured. Some can be mitigated by the administration of drugs but they can't be "cured". Studying mental illness is the purview of the two APA's, not the CDC. The failings of the CDC in this most recent fiasco illustrates what happens when you choose political activism over actual work.

Well said!

Mental illness is not a disease just like any other. Mental illnesses can not be cured. Some can be mitigated by the administration of drugs but they can't be "cured". Studying mental illness is the purview of the two APA's, not the CDC. The failings of the CDC in this most recent fiasco illustrates what happens when you choose political activism over actual work.

The problem with large budgets for any department is that they are prone to misuse, especially if a powerful administrator or bureaucrat pushes for funding on a pet project. This is unfortunately a problem not unique to the CDC.

Oh, the government is here to oppose private citizens rights.

Thank you for telling us how democrats see and run government.

Firstly it is possible to cure clinical depression.

Secondly not every physical disease can be cured either but that doesn't mean that researchers simply give up trying to find treatments and cures.

Since we have an ongoing death toll of tens of thousands each year from mental illness that causes the loss of life to innocent bystanders as well it is serious enough to warrant the attention of the CDC.

Forum List

Back