The failed war on Terror

So, lets see, Insurgents just want us out of Iraq, and we are obliged to stay in Iraq till the Iraqi's themselves can stop the Insurgents....you dont see a problem with that statement??? If our presence is what is making the insurgents fight, then why dont we just leave? You say we are obliged to be there, to stop the violence, so our presence is both causing and preventing the violence, how does that work in your logic (or lack of)?

If you take a short walk down memory lane, you'll remember that it was our military that crushed Saddam's regime and created the political situation that these insurgents were birthed out of. Now we're obliged to stay and fight them because we created them. Can I make this any simpler?

so our presence is both causing and preventing the violence

See now why this is such an awful mess?

Hagbard Celine said:
If you take a short walk down memory lane, you'll remember that it was our military that crushed Saddam's regime and created the political situation that these insurgents were birthed out of. Now we're obliged to stay and fight them because we created them. Can I make this any simpler?

we created them? are you daft? are you telling me these people were working for the red cross then when we showed up suddenly took up arms and started killing tourists in bali...do you really belive your own crap?

we created them? are you daft? are you telling me these people were working for the red cross then when we showed up suddenly took up arms and started killing tourists in bali...do you really belive your own crap?

I'm talking about insurgents manny, not terrorists. Instead of fighting the terrorists that we're supposedly supposed to be fighting, we're fighting Sunni insurgents that we created when we took out their regime. That's why terrorists like the ones in Bali, London, Madrid and elsewhere are still killing people. :duh3: Before we invaded Iraq these Sunnis were living in Iraq and supporting the Ba'ath party.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'm talking about insurgents manny, not terrorists. Instead of fighting the terrorists that we're supposedly supposed to be fighting, we're fighting Sunni insurgents that we created when we took out their regime. That's why terrorists like the ones in Bali, London, Madrid and elsewhere are still killing people. :duh3: Before we invaded Iraq these Sunnis were living in Iraq and supporting the Ba'ath party.

bali was blown up before under clinton....the cole....black hawak down....embasies in nigeria...wtc I....you act as if these people did not exist before 9/11....the baathists were torturing thier own people before and now they are simply lining them up in schools and killing them...the difference this time is the ccn reporters are actuall reporting it...last time they, by their own admission would not as they did not want to be tossed out of the country

oh yes the "insurgents" are terrorists...they are killing thier own people

bali was blown up before under clinton....the cole....black hawak down....embasies in nigeria...wtc I....you act as if these people did not exist before 9/11....the baathists were torturing thier own people before and now they are simply lining them up in schools and killing them...the difference this time is the ccn reporters are actuall reporting it...last time they, by their own admission would not as they did not want to be tossed out of the country

The difference is that Clinton didn't declare a war on terror and then invade a sovereign nation that had no part in 9/11. If the reasoning behind this war is going to change from ridding the world of terror to "liberating the Iraqi people from a horrible dictator," then I ask why we didn't first invade an African dictatorship like Ethiopia or Somalia and "liberate" those people? Thousands more people have been killed by African dictators than by Saddam. And I would venture to guess that the number of innocent Iraqi civilians killed by our invasion, which is estimated to be over 23,000 now, is more than Saddam ever killed too.

And as far as you saying the insurgents are "killing their own people," I flatly refute that statement. There are three main ethnic groups in Iraq right now. Those are the Sunnis (the main contributors to the insurgency), the Shiites, and the Kurds in the north. These Sunni extremists don't consider the people they are killing to be "their own people" at all. Haven't you noticed the difficulty the new Iraqi government has had agreeing on anything to do with the new constitution? It's because each ethnic group wants to have majority control and none of them are willing to concede anything to either of the other ethnic groups. They all hate each other. There is no "unified Iraqi people."

manu1959 said:

Stop with the historical FACTS already..The kid is in college for indoctrination, not an education...Geeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Mr. P said:
Stop with the historical FACTS already..The kid is in college for indoctrination, not an education...Geeeeeeezzzzzzzz

yes you are right...never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Hagbard Celine said:

the only mess I see is your interpetation.

Forum List

Back