The EZ/GTH Sympathy Thread.

Stupid penalty, letting Cromartie run wild on the kickoff, and then calling a timeout with 29 seconds left instead of making NY use their last one, when NY wasn't even all the way within range for a kicker who isn't exactly Adam Vinatieri.

I know EZ is hurting today and all, but I think the Colts TRIED to lose that in the end.

Stupid penalty, letting Cromartie run wild on the kickoff, and then calling a timeout with 29 seconds left instead of making NY use their last one, when NY wasn't even all the way within range for a kicker who isn't exactly Adam Vinatieri.

I know EZ is hurting today and all, but I think the Colts TRIED to lose that in the end.

WTF was with Indy's timeout?!? Watching Peyton, he knew it was over then.

sympathy_angel.jpg

I think their strategy was to conserve some time so they could make a last ditch attempt to run back down field and respond after NY kicked their FG.

But the problem was that NY wasn't all the way within range yet. I think they were on the 35 or so, and that's no close enough to assume an automatic FG. NY still needed to run another play, and anything can happen. They should have let NY use their last one, and then they wouldn't have been able to stop the clock after Braylon Edwards' catch along the sideline where he stayed in bounds.

Maybe they could have lined up quick enough to spike it, maybe not. Or any number of other things could have happened.

I think their strategy was to conserve some time so they could make a last ditch attempt to run back down field and respond after NY kicked their FG.

But the problem was that NY wasn't all the way within range yet. I think they were on the 35 or so, and that's no close enough to assume an automatic FG. NY still needed to run another play, and anything can happen. They should have let NY use their last one, and then they wouldn't have been able to stop the clock after Braylon Edwards' catch along the sideline where he stayed in bounds.

Maybe they could have lined up quick enough to spike it, maybe not. Or any number of other things could have happened.

At that point, I think you have to play the odds, force NY to take that TO like you suggested. They don't have a kicker like Vinatieri, so you have to make him beat you from long distance.

At that point, I think you have to play the odds, force NY to take that TO like you suggested. They don't have a kicker like Vinatieri, so you have to make him beat you from long distance.

Especially since NY used that one TO before the booth review, which was essentially a waste. That was a GIFT to Indy, in a way. Had NY still had that extra TO, we probably wouldn't be discussing this aspect because it would be moot.

This is just the same old shit. The colts special teams have always been marginal at best. Even under dinghy dunghy who imho never lived up ti his supposed Defensive reputation.

The team seems to never be fully prepared, remember the half time opener in the super bowl? The NO onside kick? Long run backs etc etc. The runback ala the Bears super bowl opener?

I watch every Colts game. How many times have I had to sit in the last minutes of a game with a slim lead while they played small ball conservative off. and wound up barely winning or losing ( I can think of several very important Div. game in particular)?

Yesterday was just symptomatic, they would not have been without time if that jackass, again on special teams had not run into the kicker when the ball was clearly gone already and gave the jets another first down, from which they burned 2 minutes off the clock before the colts went down for their field goal to put them ahead...then the 40 yard runback.........I have seen these lapses in run back coverage for years, etc etc etc .......unreal. Caldwell needs to go.

Yesterday, while at work this girl told me the score. I think it was 24 10 at the time, I was cussing because I thought the Seahawks were down. :lol: I was a little shocked when I figured out it was the Hawks who were leading.

Yesterday, while at work this girl told me the score. I think it was 24 10 at the time, I was cussing because I thought the Seahawks were down. :lol: I was a little shocked when I figured out it was the Hawks who were leading.

Did you have to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming?

Everybody cuddle, blah I mean huddle
I just stepped in a mud puddle, butthole
Freak, who just tapped on my ass cheek
Nevermind, let's try quarterback sneak
Cover me, smother me with love that's brotherly
That didn't work, try another play
Hut one, hut two, hut hut hurry up
I'm reachin' up another grown man's butt
Hike the ball, I mean I like Bizarre
But Jesus, he hikes, I think I can feel his balls
My dick is long as it is hard, yeah so are my balls
It's the longest yard, whoops that's not the chorus
Run it back, wrong song, yeah disreguard
That whole statement I just made, what yard line we on?
Our own 5 and our timeouts are gone
Less than a minute left, I just throw my ball
To the sideline to Von, he steps outta bounds
48 seconds left on the clock but every last one counts
Call another huddle, we're down by six
The plan is, to throw the ball to Swift
But he's so god dang high, that he's trips
Falls and slips, Proof grabs him by his fingertips
And runs the ball all the way down to the one
But he don't get in, but all we need is a put ???
But all we need is a touch down and an extra point to win
But then I get sacked all the way back to the ten
God dammit I'ma slap somebody if I get tapped on the ass again
Everybody's laughin' now, no timeouts and its now fourth now
We're never gonna make it, wait I just got an idea
Quick, everybody get naked, Denaun go long
I'ma throw the bomb, c'mon how they gonna tackle you with no pants on
Ass out with a floppin' schlong, touchdown yeah I told you
It's the longest yard

Did you have to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming?

Pretty much. I just wish I would have been able to see my dad's reaction. :lol:
We actually turned it on when we were serving dinner at work, so I got to see the end.

All I have to say, is I am glad I don't work at the deli anymore. When the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl I worked at a deli. For three days after the game and after playoff games, I couldn't move my right arm. We sliced a lot of meat. :lol:

Forum List

Back