The Exorcist: True Story?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So, most people know The Exorcist was based on a novel. What most people don't know is that that novel is actually based on an actual exorcism that occured in 1949. I found this article on the fact and fiction regarding this right here:

The Haunted Boy

It is admittedly a huge article, but it is very interesting and creepy. Particularly haunting for me was the priests' recounting of images of Satan burning into the boy's skin. Whether it was a real possession or not, this article doesn't say, but there was certainly something very wrong with this boy.

By the way, I've never seen The Exorcist in its entirety, I really want to now, though.

Christ, I think both my kids need an Exorcisim! I just refer to myself now as Rosemary!!!!

Originally posted by Dan
So, most people know The Exorcist was based on a novel. What most people don't know is that that novel is actually based on an actual exorcism that occured in 1949. I found this article on the fact and fiction regarding this right here:

The Haunted Boy

It is admittedly a huge article, but it is very interesting and creepy. Particularly haunting for me was the priests' recounting of images of Satan burning into the boy's skin. Whether it was a real possession or not, this article doesn't say, but there was certainly something very wrong with this boy.

By the way, I've never seen The Exorcist in its entirety, I really want to now, though.

Trust me Dan, you don't know scary or fear until you are Catholic. Some of our churches could now be mistaken for Protestant, more on the line of Presbyterian, but most are like Lutheran or Episcopal to the nth!

Dan said:

The Haunted Boy

It was a real possession, it seems the boy was playing around with ouija board (manufactured in Salem Mass) and he opened himself up to Satanic forces. One of the priests who helped in the exorcism now resides in Fla and was a good friend to my Grandfather who passed away about 20 years ago. He was having a problem and needed a blessing, and this was the priest that came to help do what they call a lock out, which is that they bless each corner of each room in the house with Holy Water.

janeeng said:
Christ, I think both my kids need an Exorcisim! I just refer to myself now as Rosemary!!!!
:rotflmao: I refer to myself as Rosemary all the time, LOL!! :dev1:

Forum List

Back