The end of the rabid right and the tea partiers?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Does the election in NY mean that the Republicans will look in their party and realize that right wing loons such as Palin, Beck and Rush are doing serious damage?

Or does it mean that the right wing loons will become more shrill?

Does the election in NY mean that the Republicans will look in their party and realize that right wing loons such as Palin, Beck and Rush are doing serious damage?

When and if the Republicans inspect their party for damage, who will do the assessment? There seems to be no national leadership of the Republican party. There further seems to be no consolidating national figure for the Republicans.

My tip to the GOP: take the next six months and draw up a national game plan just like you did in 1994. Come up with a new Contract with America. Show some effort and develop a message that isn't just "NO!".

With the Contract for America, house leadership nationalized mid term elections to their great benefit. Turning loose the dogs of "NO!" will allow Republicans to reap the whirlwind.

IMHO, until the GOP accepts the fact that their party is severely fractured, they will not distance themselves from the likes of the Palins, Becks and Rushes of the world. In their minds, they can be both far right and moderate at the same time. We will have to wait and see what the people think in the mid-terms I guess.

I hope both parties improve the quality of their candidates and their endorsers. That's what would be best for all of us and best for America. But, as we see, team sport mentality is all too common.

Go Team! :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
"Rabid Right?" Sounds like a pretty loaded question to me. Way too much Troll in this post. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I hope both parties improve the quality of their candidates and their endorsers. That's what would be best for all of us and best for America. But, as we see, team sport mentality is all too common.

This is completely accurate and I have never understood why. America was founded on individual liberties and the rights to think and speak for ourselves. At what point did the average American voter sell themselves out to the Republican and Democratic parties?

Nothing wrong with teaparties or marchs on DC. Of course liberals like to believe its just the crazy right wing of the GOP. Kinda funny, all the marchs I saw included Dems, Reps and Independents if all the newscasters were to be believed. Just good ol'Americans exercising their civil rights to protest and try to save some of their hard earned money. Don't worry, as much as the liberals bitch about the right wing of the GOP, their left wiing does the exact same thing. Of course its not covered by our oh so great news media in quite the same way.

As for the GOP, they need to get it together and give the Dems a run for their money in 2010. I'm an Independent myself and alreay know who I will be voting for and it sure ain't gonna be anyone who supports that wingnut in the whithouse and his looney agenda. Guaranteed.

IMHO, until the GOP accepts the fact that their party is severely fractured, they will not distance themselves from the likes of the Palins, Becks and Rushes of the world. In their minds, they can be both far right and moderate at the same time. We will have to wait and see what the people think in the mid-terms I guess.

And if the DEMs continue their policy moves towards the extreme left as they have been.. they will start the notice the fractures between the far-lefties pushing the programs and policies and the numerous moderates and centrists within their party.... and that time is barreling down faster than a runaway locomotive

And if the DEMs continue their policy moves towards the extreme left as they have been.. they will start the notice the fractures between the far-lefties pushing the programs and policies and the numerous moderates and centrists within their party.... and that time is barreling down faster than a runaway locomotive

I believe you to be correct. The far leftists are every bit as bad for this country as are the far righties. It is those same far leftists who will end up pissing off the average "moderate" voter and put a Republican back in the White House in 2016. This of couurse is assuming, the GOP can come up with a leader and a plan by then.

Nothing wrong with teaparties or marchs on DC. Of course liberals like to believe its just the crazy right wing of the GOP. Kinda funny, all the marchs I saw included Dems, Reps and Independents if all the newscasters were to be believed. Just good ol'Americans exercising their civil rights to protest and try to save some of their hard earned money. Don't worry, as much as the liberals bitch about the right wing of the GOP, their left wiing does the exact same thing. Of course its not covered by our oh so great news media in quite the same way.

As for the GOP, they need to get it together and give the Dems a run for their money in 2010. I'm an Independent myself and alreay know who I will be voting for and it sure ain't gonna be anyone who supports that wingnut in the whithouse and his looney agenda. Guaranteed.

Oh yeah, this part of your post simply EXUDES an Independent mindset...:cuckoo:

This is completely accurate and I have never understood why. America was founded on individual liberties and the rights to think and speak for ourselves. At what point did the average American voter sell themselves out to the Republican and Democratic parties?
:thup: I don't know, Yank. What it has created is this team mentality but even worse than that; for the team to 'win', they need not to perform themselves, just hope the other team messes up more than they do. And, after the election yesterday in VA, you too know this all too well. I'm sorry.

I'm curious why you threw the Tea Party participants in to this latest spew of political bias?

Do you find it threatening that a Free People might actually decide to express their opinion in ways as outlined by the laws of this nation?

or

Do you simply find it repulsive that people actually wish to be free?

I do find it comical that those of your persuasion feel that all American's who wish to be free, or all American's who own guns or who go to a Christian Church are somehow only those of the conservative mind set. You really should get out more!

The thought and desire of freedom and keeping government in it's proper place is not limited to one group of American's, in fact, it is America in the whole.

Just something to consider!

Mike

Do not forget that the next election is 2012, not 2016.... and Obama does not have any sort of mortal lock on re-election.. especially with the adherence to the far left that he has shown on issues that are directly in the public eye..... and also don't forget that this coming 'fracturing' within the DEM party can also effect 2010, 2012, and 2014

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

:thup: I don't know, Yank. What it has created is this team mentality but even worse than that; for the team to 'win', they need not to perform themselves, just hope the other team messes up more than they do. And, after the election yesterday in VA, you too know this all too well. I'm sorry.

Please don't apologize. As an Independent, I vote for the person I feel is best suited for the job at hand. I voted Republican for Governor and Lt. Governor, as the Democratic choices were horrible.

Please don't apologize. As an Independent, I vote for the person I feel is best suited for the job at hand. I voted Republican for Governor and Lt. Governor, as the Democratic choices were horrible.
I understand. Really, I can relate. :cool:

I mean we need to vet our candidates for bad behavior, for sure, but when scorched-earth politics takes precedence over demanding quality in themselves, we all lose.

Last edited:
The Tea Partiers are grass roots politics at its best. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they're wrong or any less American. Pelosi's shocking "Un-American Nazis" slur is going to come back and haunt her and the Democrats at some point.

I think there are too many people of celebrity now in the teabagger business who really don't care whether the movement succeeds as long as they can keep making money off it.

Forum List

Back