The end of the rabid right and the tea partiers?

Rather than figure out a strategy of how republicans can appeal to moderates, they are intent on trying to force moderates to buy their message.
The idea that they can develop an inflexible, monolythic message and force everyone to buy it, guarantees continued republican failure.

The lesson from NY 23 is that you must conform to the people, not force them to conform to you

Do not forget that the next election is 2012, not 2016.... and Obama does not have any sort of mortal lock on re-election.. especially with the adherence to the far left that he has shown on issues that are directly in the public eye..... and also don't forget that this coming 'fracturing' within the DEM party can also effect 2010, 2012, and 2014

Shhhh! :eusa_shhh:

Does the election in NY mean that the Republicans will look in their party and realize that right wing loons such as Palin, Beck and Rush are doing serious damage?

Or does it mean that the right wing loons will become more shrill?

I think there are too many people of celebrity now in the teabagger business who really don't care whether the movement succeeds as long as they can keep making money off it.

My personal opinion is that it is not money that is the goal. Folks like Armey just want to use the movement as a hammer to try to beat the current administration over the head with. They don't give two hoots about any issues or ideology involved. And if the Tea Partiers lose credibility, they couldn't care less, they just move on and find their next hammer they can use and abuse until IT becomes worthless.

Folks like Palin are just quenching an insatiable thirst for attention and approval. She found out that it's a lot easier to be a cheerleader than a player.

If the core of the "Tea Party Movement" really is fiscal conservatism, I regret that they are being used and abused this way.

Does the election in NY mean that the Republicans will look in their party and realize that right wing loons such as Palin, Beck and Rush are doing serious damage?

Let them continue in their delusional state throughout 2010. I'm sure they will anyway.

I think the Democrats are learning something from NJ and WV. Looks like Harry is backpeddaling on his no timetable theory on healthcare. He's helped Democrats waste an entire year on this alone. He should have given Jo Lieberman to the Republicans last year and disregarded R obstruction this year.

They need to get it done and move on now.

Rather than figure out a strategy of how republicans can appeal to moderates, they are intent on trying to force moderates to buy their message.
The idea that they can develop an inflexible, monolythic message and force everyone to buy it, guarantees continued republican failure.

The lesson from NY 23 is that you must conform to the people, not force them to conform to you

We agree on a lot of stuff rightwinger but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I think the role of a real leader is not to just parrot the latest public opinion poll. I think a real leader has a real vision and real ideas about how to make things better. And a real leader inspires people to share that vision and work with him/her to make that vision a reality.

I know it sounds kinda pollyanna - but I think it is true.

Do not forget that the next election is 2012, not 2016.... and Obama does not have any sort of mortal lock on re-election.. especially with the adherence to the far left that he has shown on issues that are directly in the public eye..... and also don't forget that this coming 'fracturing' within the DEM party can also effect 2010, 2012, and 2014

I completley understand that 2012 is our next general election. However, IMHO, 3 years simply is not enough time for the GOP to fix the mess they currently find themselves in. Additionally, I think we can all agree that the economy will be back on track by 2012 (we can debate wether Obama's policies helped or not in another thread), and Obama will get credit for this.

corzine%20obama.jpg

For sure One of the major Political Parties bet the Ranch on it's Cult of Personality Leadership.

My guess is you will hear more from the far left as any sort of health care coverage bill is poison to those in tough districts. For Tea Party groups, they will be emboldened by the close election.

I completley understand that 2012 is our next general election. However, IMHO, 3 years simply is not enough time for the GOP to fix the mess they currently find themselves in. Additionally, I think we can all agree that the economy will be back on track by 2012 (we can debate wether Obama's policies helped or not in another thread), and Obama will get credit for this.

Maybe he will.. if he has blind following my many like he did last time... but lest ye forget that his hands are all over the bullshit heathcare bills, increased government and increased government spending, highly probable tax hikes, etc... the GOP may not even need to be totally 'fixed' by that point.... Obama will have brought about his own demise

The NY Election? You mean the one for Westchester County Executive, that went 60+% for the Muslim Marxist, where we just booted the three term Incumbent Democrat in favor of his Republican challenger whom he beat by 10% in 2005?

Is that the NY Election we're discussing?

Maybe he will.. if he has blind following my many like he did last time... but lest ye forget that his hands are all over the bullshit heathcare bills, increased government and increased government spending, highly probable tax hikes, etc... the GOP may not even need to be totally 'fixed' by that point.... Obama will have brought about his own demise

And if healthcare reform gets passed AND works, the GOP will be doomed for how many additional years?

The NY Election? You mean the one for Westchester County Executive, that went 60+% for the Muslim Marxist, where we just booted the three term Incumbent Democrat in favor of his Republican challenger whom he beat by 10% in 2005?

Is that the NY Election we're discussing?

Comprehension is not your strong point, Frank. Quit pointing it out to everyone.

I think that you know what the answer to that is...
Just like a cornered, wounded animal is a lot more vicious, louder and dangerous than otherwise. The social-conservatives are a slowly-shrinking demographic, and they're apparently "mad as hell" about it.

I think that you know what the answer to that is...
Just like a cornered, wounded animal is a lot more vicious, louder and dangerous than otherwise. The social-conservatives are a slowly-shrinking demographic, and they're apparently "mad as hell" about it.

Do not go gently into that good night ..... rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I think there are too many people of celebrity now in the teabagger business who really don't care whether the movement succeeds as long as they can keep making money off it.
I agree. It isn't an actual movement as it is a collection of rabid right wingers that have no agenda but getting into power.

Tea Partiers represent everything that is great about our Nation. They are the ultimate grass roots political movement. It's what this country is all about. Just because you disagree with them doesn't mean that they're wrong or any less American. Many disagreed with our original Tea Partiers at that time too. I think that turned out pretty good for our nation no? They are hardly the "Un-American Nazis" Nancy Pelosi labelled them. In fact her stupid slur was incredibly Un-American in my opinion. Hey just my take anyway.

Last edited:

And if healthcare reform gets passed AND works, the GOP will be doomed for how many additional years?

Like so many other government run things work efficiently???? Like so many other government run healthcare systems in other countries run smooth, timely, efficient, and at the absolute highest quality of service?

I don't think we have to worry about your stipulation.. at least not with the types of plans the DEMs want....

Now if true reform is passed that keeps government out of it except in regulation, law, and legislation... keeps it in the private sector... keeps it that no non-contributor is getting their insurance at the expense of a contributor.... that eliminates competition regulations and restrictions so more options are available and prices reduce... that puts in place regulation that ensures no refusal of coverage.. etc.. then yes, that would be trouble for the GOP (unless the GOP has more of it's imprint on the reform than the DEMs do)... but that is not what the DEMs want, and we all know this

Like so many other government run things work efficiently???? Like so many other government run healthcare systems in other countries run smooth, timely, efficient, and at the absolute highest quality of service?

I don't think we have to worry about your stipulation.. at least not with the types of plans the DEMs want....

Now if true reform is passed that keeps government out of it except in regulation, law, and legislation... keeps it in the private sector... keeps it that no non-contributor is getting their insurance at the expense of a contributor.... that eliminates competition regulations and restrictions so more options are available and prices reduce... that puts in place regulation that ensures no refusal of coverage.. etc.. then yes, that would be trouble for the GOP (unless the GOP has more of it's imprint on the reform than the DEMs do)... but that is not what the DEMs want, and we all know this

This is where you could be wrong. I see the government run public option as a very small portion of this reform movement. IMHO, it WILL force private insurers to be more competitive and because the public option is not going to be "great" health insurance, it will only be used by those who have no other options. There is way too much money to be made in the private insurance business for the public option to make private insurers close up shop. I respectfully disagree with your assertions that the public option will eliminate competition.

New Topics

Forum List

Back