The Druze of Israel: Hope for Arab-Jewish Collaboration

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's a shame that everyone over in the Middle East couldn't get along.

Posted: 10/08/2015 5:49 pm EDT Updated: 10/08/2015 5:59 pm EDT

In the war-torn Middle East, it is rare to find two groups with different religions, nationalities and histories working together and developing a flourishing relationship. Yet, in Israel the strong relationship between Arab Druze and Israeli Jews shows hope for the future of the Middle East.

It's remarkable even that the 130,000 Israeli Druze, neither Muslims nor Christians, have survived in the Middle East, avoiding the often gruesome fate of other minorities like Christians, Yazidis and Shiites.

The Arabic and Hebrew-speaking Druze of Israel have a strong community with their own schools and religious courts. A study showed that 94 percent of Druze youth identified themselves as "Druze-Israelis" loyal to Israel. They live predominantly in northern Israel in mountainous villages with some villages mixed with other Arabs.

Continue reading at:

Bleipriester, et al,

For the longest time, I did not really know what "Druzes" (alla Jethro of Midian, Father of Zipporah, wife of Moses) were. And I still don't understand the relationship between the Chief Prophet and founder of the Druze --- and the --- status as a Prophet of Islam. Jethro lived in the time of Moses (1391–1271 BCE) where as Islam is a development that came in the very early 7th Century ( ≈ 710 AD), separated in time by 2 millennium.

ISIS-Sally "forgot" something: The Israeli Druze community is really angry. This is nothing for ISIS-Sally as she is still in love with the terrorists of Al-Qaeda and FSA.

Druze residents in Israel denounce its Syria policy
Druze attack Israeli ambulance carrying wounded Syrians

I wonder, I have al-jazeera articles as this channel is known for its support for the terrorists.
(COMMENT)

I've been told that Druze are rather quiet about their religion and the structure of their beliefs. Then I've heard that it is a religion that assimilates selected concepts of Judaism, then Christianity as it developed, and then Islam as it came into its own in the 7th Century.

I did read the recent Huffington Post Article by Jonathan Adelman (10 OCT 15): The Druze of Israel: Hope for Arab-Jewish Collaboration; which gave me some insight to their what they are all about. But yet, they are very seldom in the news.

BTW: Who is "ISIS-Sally?" Are we talking about the UK National Sally Jones?

Most Respectfully,
R

Bleipriester, et al,

For the longest time, I did not really know what "Druzes" (alla Jethro of Midian, Father of Zipporah, wife of Moses) were. And I still don't understand the relationship between the Chief Prophet and founder of the Druze --- and the --- status as a Prophet of Islam. Jethro lived in the time of Moses (1391–1271 BCE) where as Islam is a development that came in the very early 7th Century ( ≈ 710 AD), separated in time by 2 millennium.

ISIS-Sally "forgot" something: The Israeli Druze community is really angry. This is nothing for ISIS-Sally as she is still in love with the terrorists of Al-Qaeda and FSA.

I wonder, I have al-jazeera articles as this channel is known for its support for the terrorists.
(COMMENT)

I've been told that Druze are rather quiet about their religion and the structure of their beliefs. Then I've heard that it is a religion that assimilates selected concepts of Judaism, then Christianity as it developed, and then Islam as it came into its own in the 7th Century.

I did read the recent Huffington Post Article by Jonathan Adelman (10 OCT 15): The Druze of Israel: Hope for Arab-Jewish Collaboration; which gave me some insight to their what they are all about. But yet, they are very seldom in the news.

Most Respectfully,
R
Since some months, western propaganda claimed that the Druze are not fighting for the Syrian government. Nobody there is interested in the Druze. Instead, they are busy to paint a wrong picture of the Druze to make people believe something, they would never have thought about. The Druze in the Sweida region played a key role in repelling the Islamist terrorists of Nusra/FSA and ISIS this year, when they formed their militia under the banner of the NDF. Israeli Druze demanded from their government to help protect the Druze holy area in Syria, particularly the town of Hadar, which was besieged by Islamist forces supported by Israel. Israeli Druze also offered to join the war.

ISIS-Sally is the poster Sally on USMB. ISIS-Sally is ISIS-Sally, because she wants the Syrians gone and not ISIS.

Last edited:
Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Since some months, western propaganda claimed that the Druze are not fighting for the Syrian government. Nobody there is interested in the Druze. Instead, they are busy to paint a wrong picture of the Druze to make people believe something, they would never have thought about. The Druze in the Sweida region played a key role in repelling the Islamist terrorists of Nusra/FSA and ISIS this year, when they formed their militia under the banner of the NDF. Israeli Druze demanded from their government to help protect the Druze holy area in Syria, particularly the town of Hadar, which was besieged by Islamist forces supported by Israel. Israeli Druze also offered to join the war.

ISIS-Sally is the poster Sally on USMB. ISIS-Sally is ISIS-Sally, because she wants the Syrians gone and not ISIS.

Rocco, you can see we are dealing with a mentally ill man. No one here is backing any terrorist group in Syria, but in his demented mind anyone not salivating over his boyfriend Assad is a terrorist backer. Imagine if we were talking about China years ago when Mao was in power and some Mao supporter popped up and said we were terrorist supporters because he didn't like it that we realized that Mao was a brutal dictator, what would the reader think of that person?

Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Rocco, you can see we are dealing with a mentally ill man. No one here is backing any terrorist group in Syria, but in his demented mind anyone not salivating over his boyfriend Assad is a terrorist backer. Imagine if we were talking about China years ago when Mao was in power and some Mao supporter popped up and said we were terrorist supporters because he didn't like it that we realized that Mao was a brutal dictator, what would the reader think of that person?
You don´t need to try to convince anyone of your nonsense. He can read your posts.

Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

You don´t need to try to convince anyone of your nonsense. He can read your posts.

Rocco is a very smart fellow. It wouldn't take him too long to figure out that you are non compus mentis.

I wonder if the Little Shit has time to change his underwear since he is so busy chasing my posts and putting in his nonsense. Did you not read, Little Shit, that the Druze community leaders were angry about some of their members attacking the Israelis. Apparently the Little Shit can't bear to see any group being friends with the Israel's. Instead he wants everyone to bow down to his boyfriend Assad, even though hit boyfriend has done horrendous things to his own people.

Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Rocco is a very smart fellow. It wouldn't take him too long to figure out that you are non compus mentis.
lol. He will be smart enough to figure out you are ISIS-Sally, indeed.

I wonder if the Little Shit has time to change his underwear since he is so busy chasing my posts and putting in his nonsense. Did you not read, Little Shit, that the Druze community leaders were angry about some of their members attacking the Israelis. Apparently the Little Shit can't bear to see any group being friends with the Israel's. Instead he wants everyone to bow down to his boyfriend Assad, even though hit boyfriend has done horrendous things to his own people.
More Sally-nonsense. I think, the Druze can speak for themselves and don´t need someone to reinterpret their intentions.

More Sally-nonsense. I think, the Druze can speak for themselves and don´t need someone to reinterpret their intentions.

I think you should have just take the article as it is without dragging in your nonsense once again.

Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Why don't you send him a private message and ask him what he think?

I think you should have just take the article as it is without dragging in your nonsense once again.
I don´t need your articles. If a Druze leader criticizes his fellow Druze for being loyal to their pals in Syria, he won´t remain as leader for long.

I am sure, you already sent him ten and won´t stop until he agrees with you just to get rid of you.

I am sure, you already sent him ten and won´t stop until he agrees with you just to get rid of you.

Looks like you are afraid of what he might say. Anyhow, ta ta, Little Shit, enjoy your loneliness sitting by yourself all day in the nut house with only anonymous people on the Internet with whom you communicate and only see someone human when one of the staff steps in.

Looks like you are afraid of what he might say. Anyhow, ta ta, Little Shit, enjoy your loneliness sitting by yourself all day in the nut house with only anonymous people on the Internet with whom you communicate and only see someone human when one of the staff steps in.
As you can see, we had our conversation already. There is no need for me to harass people just because you claim your nonsense.

I don´t need your articles. If a Druze leader criticizes his fellow Druze for being loyal to their pals in Syria, he won´t remain as leader for long.

Why, Little Shit, nobody has to read your articles either. It's like seeing Baghdad Bob being reincarnated. Meanwhile, as we all can see, the Little Shit appears to have a problem with any
camaraderie that other groups might have with Israel.

Why, Little Shit, nobody has to read your articles either. It's like seeing Baghdad Bob being reincarnated. Meanwhile, as we all can see, the Little Shit appears to have a problem with any
You try to make an enemy of Israel out of me. But I am not responsible for Israel´s policies and actions.

You try to make an enemy of Israel out of me. But I am not responsible for Israel´s policies and actions.

All you had to do, Little Shit, was just let this thread go by without posting your usual nonsense, but things like that are too hard for you. I can't be bothered playing with you tonight even though I know you are craving human interaction. I have a great idea. Gather a few of the other guys at the nut house and get a card game going.

Forum List

Back