The Don Siegelman Case:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
That the Supreme Court has seen fit to vacate the Siegelman conviction and send the case back to the Eleventh Circuit (Appeals) for review suggests there is at least one serious flaw in the prosecution. And based on everything I've heard about this case and the surrounding circumstances, unless there is some significant evidence against Siegelman which has not been made public for some legitimate reason, this is one of the most egregious examples of wrongful prosecution I've ever heard of. And if Siegelman's conviction is upheld it will set an ominous precedent.

If the circumstances in the case that I've been hearing about are brought out in court and are proven to be true I cannot imagine how any juror, regardless of political persuasion and in spite of any instructions by a judge, could find against Siegelman. What I've heard is a clear case of politically engineered railroading of an innocent man.

If Siegelman's conviction is upheld, unless the evidence against him is made public there needs to be a nationwide protest demanding accountability for how something like this can happen to an American citizen.

This is an eye opener. I'm sure there is more politicking in the justice system than we would care to know about.

Forum List

Back