What is Wrong With This?

Nonelitist

Rookie
Jan 22, 2010
I am not sure I can believe my eyes on this one... does anyone else notice something outrageous about this paragraph in the article?

FOXNews.com - Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

"The Bush Justice Department brought the first case against three members of the group, accusing them in a civil complaint of violating the Voter Rights Act. The Obama administration initially pursued the case, winning a default judgment in federal court in April 2009 when the Black Panther members did not appear in court. But then the administration moved to dismiss the charges the following month after getting one of the New Black Panther members to agree to not carry a "deadly weapon" near a polling place until 2012."

I am not sure I can believe my eyes on this one... does anyone else notice something outrageous about this paragraph in the article?

FOXNews.com - Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

"The Bush Justice Department brought the first case against three members of the group, accusing them in a civil complaint of violating the Voter Rights Act. The Obama administration initially pursued the case, winning a default judgment in federal court in April 2009 when the Black Panther members did not appear in court. But then the administration moved to dismiss the charges the following month after getting one of the New Black Panther members to agree to not carry a "deadly weapon" near a polling place until 2012."

No.

• Banned
ok.. maybe I am misinterpreting something... but I am going to leave this open to further comment before commenting myself.

The outrageous thing is that the charges were dropped.

How dare we try to convict the "Black" panthers of something that even they admitted to doing :cuckoo:

Several things

"bush justice department"

It also confirms that the administration considered what they were carrying was in fact DEADLY WEAPONS.

It also in interesting and very telling... that a time line is given 2012

And the apparent approval of the administration condoning voter intimidation, just not with deadly weapons. Is the administration also saying that it alright for the KKK to stand in front of polling places in white sheets, just so long as they aren't carrying weapons?

Last edited:
  • Banned
The dropped the charges because one of them agreed to not have a deadly weapon at a polling place until 2012?

So... commit a serious crime.... promise that you won't do it again for 4 years and you don't get prosecuted?

WTF?

And liberals want these jackasses in charge of prosecuting terrorists?

The world is upside down.

I promise I won't speed or run stop signs until 2016.

If I can drive drunk tonight, that is.

The dropped the charges because one of them agreed to not have a deadly weapon at a polling place until 2012?

So... commit a serious crime.... promise that you won't do it again for 4 years and you don't get prosecuted?

WTF?

And liberals want these jackasses in charge of prosecuting terrorists?

The world is upside down.

Amnesty at work already ya know. Now i am not saying these men are illegals, but is working out like the obama amnesty program. Wasn't that part of the illegal amnesty, Promise you wont commit any more crime?

I guess now we can do all the shit we want, get caught, and say we wont do it again. uhhuh.

Don't let anyone. No matter who it is or what they might yell at you, to try and intimidate your right to vote this fall election.

2% of me can see the argument that someone says they will never commit the crime again... but asking someone to not do it for a limited time... until a specific year?

That is seriously f'd up.... wtf?

I can't believe it... this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen... someone explain this reasoning to me.

Last edited:
2% of me can see the argument that someone says they will never commit the crime again... but asking someone to not do it for a limited time... until a specific year?

That is seriously f'd up.... wtf?

I can't believe it... this is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen... someone explain this reasoning to me.

The only reasoning for this is that this Administration did not want a racial issue to get in the way of pushing through all the other screwed up changes. In 2012 they can always drop the charges again.

New York - AP - July 6, 2010 -

New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez, was seen lastnight injecting HGH in the on deck circle. Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig talked with Rodriguez, who admitted that he injected the drug.

Bud Selig agreed to not suspend Rodriguez if he would agree to not inject illegal performance enhancing drugs in the on deck circle until October 10, 2010... the day the 2010 World Series begins.

The Yankees organization praised the compromise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back