The divider, Trump hater Springsteen 'unity' commercial rings hollow.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The "Boss" has been particularly outspoken about his hatred for Donald Trump and his criticism of Trump supporters. His commercial and his call for healing and unity is as phony as he is.

Born in the USA is actually anti war.

Born to run is overrated.

I respect his live performances, but he lost me when he allowed Patti Sciatica to perform.

Springsteen wasn't involved in politics until that good-for-nothing, piece of trash reagan tried to steal his music and he had to demand that reagan stop prostituting his music.

People forget that Obama and Democrats endured 8 years of hate and contempt. The orange whore, trump, was even a birther who funded conspiracy theories, sexually assaulted people, practiced racial discrimination, and even called for innocent people be executed. Somebody needed to stand up to this filthy maniac, and I'm proud of Springsteen for being one of those who have done it. And I've been a fan since the 1970s, before this right-wing BS emerged. He is a brilliant songwriter who has stood up for his neighbors and his country. Kudos!

People forget that Obama and Democrats endured 8 years of hate and contempt.
There is no comparison between Obama's 8 year honeymoon Presidency and the Democrat/Media attack campaign on Donald Trump and his supporters.

Bullshit. Obama was attacked from even before his first inauguration. The orange whore and criminal trump, had a filthy reputation even before the electoral college imposed him on the American people. He twice failed to win the majority vote. Many of us just plain don't like scumbags.

The "Boss" has been particularly outspoken about his hatred for Donald Trump and his criticism of Trump supporters. His commercial and his call for healing and unity is as phony as he is.

The boss ?? All he promotes is hate and nothing else and his music sucks

Springsteen wasn't involved in politics until that good-for-nothing, piece of trash reagan tried to steal his music and he had to demand that reagan stop prostituting his music.

That was his choice to divide out half the country and tell them to not use his music.

If he had simply said, "I don't support reagan politically, but I like his taste in music,"

that would have been his music being bridge across teh divide.

As has been said, making nice after you win and grab power, is not convincing.

YOu want to make nice, make nice DURING the next election. Stand up for unity, when your friends are saying stupid shit like the gop is wacist.

That will be a real step. Until then, go fuck yourself bruce.

He is a brilliant songwriter who has stood up for his neighbors and his country.
Springsteen is basically a third rate garage band musician.
He's an average guitar player, can barely carry a tune, and his lyrics are mediocre at best. ... :cool:

Think what you want. His words and music have resonated with millions of people across the world. I was in a restaurant in Canterbury, England in the late 1980s. and the French tourists at the next table were arguing over which was his best album. I met a Dutch guy who was married to the sister of a friend of mine, and he was all things Springsteen. A friend of mine gave me a tape of Springsteen live in Stockholm, when he had 20,000 Swedes singing Happy Birthday to the US on July 4th. I remember seeing him at a concert, when the late Clarence Clemons, was feeble, full of metal parts, and needed an elevator to get him up to the stage and back. After the concert, Springsteen put in on the lift, and then ran down the steps to be there when Clemons arrived. He could have paid people to see to Clemons, but he did it personally.

Yes, he, with a single guitar and his teenaged son, went on the road to campaign for Barack Obama. His reach is greater than yours, yet he remains a humble person who knows he grew up poor. This son is now an NJ firefighter, not a spoiled brat.

How many times did Springsteen mention trump in that ad?

Talentless fucker

I watched the ad.

It was a good ad.

I've worked with Springsteen twice.

He is the same man in that ad as he is away from cameras.

He is real and was a pure joy to work with. Same with his management. It's rare that managers of musicians are nice to us in the press. It's their job to be an asshole. There are some musicians who have management who aren't assholes. Springsteen is one of them.

He tells it like it is, I thought people like you liked and wanted that.

People forget that Obama and Democrats endured 8 years of hate and contempt.
There is no comparison between Obama's 8 year honeymoon Presidency and the Democrat/Media attack campaign on Donald Trump and his supporters.

Bullshit. Obama was attacked from even before his first inauguration. The orange whore and criminal trump, had a filthy reputation even before the electoral college imposed him on the American people. He twice failed to win the majority vote. Many of us just plain don't like scumbags.
Many of us just plain don't like scumbags.
and yet you probably vote for a few every election....

He is a brilliant songwriter who has stood up for his neighbors and his country.
Springsteen is basically a third rate garage band musician.
He's an average guitar player, can barely carry a tune, and his lyrics are mediocre at best. ... :cool:

Think what you want. His words and music have resonated with millions of people across the world. I was in a restaurant in Canterbury, England in the late 1980s. and the French tourists at the next table were arguing over which was his best album. I met a Dutch guy who was married to the sister of a friend of mine, and he was all things Springsteen. A friend of mine gave me a tape of Springsteen live in Stockholm, when he had 20,000 Swedes singing Happy Birthday to the US on July 4th. I remember seeing him at a concert, when the late Clarence Clemons, was feeble, full of metal parts, and needed an elevator to get him up to the stage and back. After the concert, Springsteen put in on the lift, and then ran down the steps to be there when Clemons arrived. He could have paid people to see to Clemons, but he did it personally.

Yes, he, with a single guitar and his teenaged son, went on the road to campaign for Barack Obama. His reach is greater than yours, yet he remains a humble person who knows he grew up poor. This son is now an NJ firefighter, not a spoiled brat.

The first time I worked with Springsteen was in the 80s. It was his "Born In The USA" tour.

So I have photos of Clarance playing his sax on and off stage. He was a big man.

I remember the day I learned he died. I was working a country music festival. We photographers were backstage when the news came. Everyone stopped. Silence for several minutes. Then one of the country musicians, I think it was Brad Paisley, had us all stand and bow our heads for a minute of silence.

I personally was in shock, then started crying.

Springsteen is real. What you see is what you get. He has a huge heart and would give the shirt off his back for a total stranger.

He has a smile that lights up his eyes and you can't help but smile back.

He writes songs and sings about the every day American. He he gives a voice to those who aren't seen. He uses words so eloquently that they naturally flow together in rhythm and harmony. While at the same time dripping with the emotions that we all feel or felt at one time.

Forum List

Back