The difference between "liberalism" and what Republicans think Liberalism is:

So I'm waiting for rdean's explanation of what a liberal is..........I thought he was gonna tell us based on the title of this thread. :dunno:

We learned a couple of things about liberalism from the board. We learned that liberals are often afraid to use the L word. They prefer progressive or some other nonsense. We learned that liberal posts are often bigoted and hateful especially toward Christian based religions they do not agree with. We learned that liberals can't defend Obama or liberalism. Instead they throw out a hundred ridiculous charges hoping that something will stick.

The GOP rightfully prides itself that the first Republican President fought to take an oppressed people and give to them their human rights. Abolition was the central plank of the newly formed Republican party.

The GOP also rightfully prides itself that one hundred years later, the Republican Party voted to give those same people their civil rights. It was a Republican majority that passed the Civil Rights Act, not a Democratic one.

But when we fast forward another 50 years, we find a radically different Republican party that vehemently opposes extending civil rights to another group of oppressed people. You can imagine my confusion for being called a liberal for supporting human and civil rights for homosexuals.

The hatred and bigotry which has infected the party is more than a little disturbing.

I have not abandoned the Republican party, it has abandoned me.

Last edited:
We learned a couple of things about liberalism from the board. We learned that liberals are often afraid to use the L word. They prefer progressive or some other nonsense. We learned that liberal posts are often bigoted and hateful especially toward Christian based religions they do not agree with. We learned that liberals can't defend Obama or liberalism. Instead they throw out a hundred ridiculous charges hoping that something will stick.

That is all good. They have tarnished the name "Liberal", for far too long. Liberalism has nothing to do with Totalitarianism. Statist Progressives use the term to steal Trust, nothing more. It is a mask, a tool.

The GOP rightfully prides itself that the first Republican President fought to take an oppressed people and give to them their human rights. Abolition was the central plank of the newly formed Republican party.

The GOP also rightfully prides itself that one hundred years later, the Republican Party voted to give those same people their civil rights. It was a Republican majority that passed the Civil Rights Act, not a Democratic one.

But when we fast forward another 50 years, we find a radically different Republican party that vehemently opposes extending civil rights to another group of oppressed people. You can imagine my confusion for being called a liberal for supporting human and civil rights for homosexuals.

The hatred and bigotry which has infected the party is more than a little disturbing.

I have not abandoned the Republican party, it has abandoned me.

You cant compare what blacks went through with gays. Gays dont have to be gay. Just like pedophiles dont have to be pedophiles or necrophiliacs dont have to do dead people.

Liberalism of today is not what it used to intend. Which is why the liberals of today are not liberals at all. They are progressives. They have attached themselves to Marxist philosophy and are against liberty. They use talking points to deceive liberal minded voters that they are for equality, when in fact, they are totalitarian statists.

I just call them LOLberals.

Last edited:
Liberalism of today is not what it used to intend. Which is why the liberals of today are not liberals at all. They are progressives. They have attached themselves to Marxist philosophy and are against liberty. They use talking points to deceive liberal minded voters that they are for equality, when in fact, they are totalitarian statists.

This is your brain on fox news ladies and gentlemen. :cuckoo:

Strange the way Republicans and conservatives on this board are always saying what "liberalism" is. Where do they get such nonsense?

Is it because they have no liberals in their party? So what they imagine comes out of the Twilight Zone?

And worse, after all the failures of the last 10 years, how did they get so confident about their own ideology?

I doubt you have any Liberals left in Your Party either RD, unless maybe you have a few bound and gagged, awaiting the Sentence of being thrown under the bus for the unforgivable crime of putting loyalty of Conscience above Party Loyalty, and speaking purpose driven Truth. You don't handle criticism well on your end, do you? Sweep it under the rug and annihilate the Character of Anyone, no matter the position, or affiliation, as an example to Anyone, of the consequences, that would dare witness the truth against your platform. Real Liberal. It is you that have little or no understanding of Liberalism. Hint, it begins with your own Charity, and can be justly measured both by what you give of yourself, and what you fail to give. Leading Innocents around by the nose, in your own self interest, is not Liberal.

Strange the way Republicans and conservatives on this board are always saying what "liberalism" is. Where do they get such nonsense?
Is it because they have no liberals in their party? So what they imagine comes out of the Twilight Zone?

And worse, after all the failures of the last 10 years, how did they get so confident about their own ideology?

We get it from the shit you, TDM, conservaderp, synthia and others spew. You know, straight from the jackass's mouths.

I dont watch fox news. I dont watch any main stream media news, actually. Why? Because if i want to know about an event, the last place im going to get the truth is from the shit that the statists feed the plebs.

Why dont you prove Im wrong instead of making false ASSumptions?

And conservatives today are not what they use to be.

And we see you used a self portrait as part of your avie. Nice.

And conservatives today are not what they use to be.

Thiis is also true. But is not the point of this thread.

It's funny how you think you know what conservatism is, being that we had no conservatives in congress or the white house in the last 10 years. We sure had a shit load of rinos that we showed the door to though in 2010. Liberalism and rinos have been on display for almost 20 years now, so how can you say that we dont know what liberalism is and is not? You have not seen conservatism on display for many years, but you will here after November.

Its been a good 24 yrs or so since we had a real conservative in the WH...

FAIL.

Bitch all you want about not having a "real conservative". Fact is, you guys campaign excitedly about many of your presidents, including George Bush, and always declare them to not be a "true conservative". And the guy you DO call a real conservative wasn't who you fucking thought he was!

When given lemons, you got to make lemonade. Alot of conservatives are alot more savvy right now then they where 4 years ago. These assholes running shit now have woken America up to what has been going on for more than 20 years. Dont expect those mistakes to be made again for awhile "Voting rinos in".

The brainwashing from fox and other right wing propaganda outlet tells them.

HAHA!!!! It's funny you can say that with a straight face, all the while pretending that the other outlets are not partisan hacks that edit video footage and spew propaganda at every second of airtime.
Is fox a more conservative network? Of course they are. But they are nowhere near the level of partisan hackery that Msnbc,cnn,nbc,abc and the rest of the shitbirds are. At least Fox has liberal guests on nightly on the hannity show and the 5. You wont see any strong conservatives on Msnbc because they would embarrass the network by defeating the leftist narrative and arguments. And no Meagan mcain is not a conservative, she is a leftist tool just like her father.

Well, that doesn't seem accurate, Grunt. Otherwise it would not be Romney on the GOP ticket to attack Romney....er, I mean Obama.

Its because they don't actually read or listen to anything liberals say. They don't need to. They have Bill O'Reilly to tell them what liberals say. Coincidentally, he also tells them what to think and who to hate.

A years worth of tv exposure to occupy wallstreet, and 6 months of liberal arguments on the healthcare legislation leading up to the vote. Nope, we heard it straight from the horses mouth. I have never met a liberal who could argue based on facts instead of emotion, which makes them a threat to our constitution and this country. It would also make them indoctrinated by propaganda, unlike conservatives.
If I "As a conservative" choose to read and learn the constitution, and base my arguments off of the constitution, does that mean I have been indoctrinated?

Last edited:
Well, that doesn't seem accurate, Grunt. Otherwise it would not be Romney on the GOP ticket to attack Romney....er, I mean Obama.

He wasn't my candidate of choice, believe that. But there is just not ay in hell he can be any worse than the one currently in office.

He wasn't my candidate of choice, believe that. But there is just not ay in hell he can be any worse than the one currently in office.

I dont disagree there. He certainly can not be any worse. but is that really a defense that conservatism is breathing again and that we are making the RINOs hit the door?

I dont think so. It seems we are still doggy paddling around in the same issues that have plagued our political structure for decades.

Forum List

Back