The democrats see your retirement money...and they want all of it....

It would have kept working except for the increase in life span, the decrease in birth rate, and a few other conditions.

Or maybe they could have actually invested the surpluses instead of using it to prop up the general fund.

Crazy ideas, I know.

Cheney/Bush had the opportunity to put the surplus into the Social Security fund but no, instead they decided to send us all those nifty $300 checks.

What a guy!
There is no SS fund that has cash in it. All money not immediately spent is required by law to be invested in treasury securities, ie, loaned to the general fund. And since SS didn't start losing money until just recently, any money "put into the fund" as you wished, would have been immediately pumped back into the general fund and become yet another debt to be paid from future budgets. Your complaint is based on nonsense.

It would have kept working except for the increase in life span, the decrease in birth rate, and a few other conditions.

Or maybe they could have actually invested the surpluses instead of using it to prop up the general fund.

Crazy ideas, I know.

Cheney/Bush had the opportunity to put the surplus into the Social Security fund but no, instead they decided to send us all those nifty $300 checks.

What a guy!

Cheney/Bush had the opportunity to put the surplus into the Social Security fund

You believe in the Gore lockbox? DERP!

Thrift Savings Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is a defined contribution plan for United States civil service employees and retirees as well as for members of the uniformed services. As of December 31 2015, there were approximately 4.8 million participants, and nearly $458 billion in assets under management.[1]

The TSP is one of three components of the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS; the others being the FERS annuity and Social Security) and is designed to closely resemble the dynamics of both private sector 401(k) and Roth 401k (new Roth TSP implemented in May 2012) plans. It is also open to employees covered under the older Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS).

The TSP is administered by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.

Been working for over 25 years

Breitbart ,the website trusted by conspiracy theorists, homophobes, bigots, and rwnj's for over a decade!

Moron...Breitbart is linking to a story by the Wall Street Journal....do you think before you post.....?
Why didn't you post it from the WSJ?
Because:Breitbart ,the website trusted by conspiracy theorists, homophobes, bigots, and rwnj's for over a decade![

Breitbart ,the website trusted by conspiracy theorists, homophobes, bigots, and rwnj's for over a decade!

Moron...Breitbart is linking to a story by the Wall Street Journal....do you think before you post.....?
Because:Breitbart ,the website trusted by conspiracy theorists, homophobes, bigots, and rwnj's for over a decade![

Oh....good to know that the Borg Queen's mind pulse reached you.....you spew out whatever she puts into that tiny head of yours without having to actually think........all hail the Borg Queen....

Oh....good to know that the Borg Queen's mind pulse reached you.....you spew out whatever she puts into that tiny head of yours without having to actually think........all hail the Borg Queen....
Another lame star trek reference, out of context and desperate.

Stupid conservatives have been bitching about social security for decades. California tries to supplement it with a retirement fund and Cons go all conspiracy theory

A forced retirement fund where the gov't can invest the money any way they see fit?

I don't know a single conservative who has ever, or will ever, support that.

This is an opening move to get to your 401(k) and take all that money for the government/democrat party.....

California wants to force people to save for retirement...by mandating anyone without a private pension plan must give money to a California, government controlled retirement plan.....

What could go wrong?

Jerry Brown May Force You to Save for Retirement - Breitbart

The so-called “public option” retirement plan is a mandatory savings program designed to make sure workers have some assets when they retire.

However, critics have panned the program. The Wall Street Journal devoted a lead editorial to criticizing the plan last week:

A board comprised of Democrats and their nominees—namely, union reps and attorneys—has been charged with fleshing out the program’s details …

The legislation gives the board carte blanche to design and manage the state IRAs. One of the few rules is that the employee contribution must start between 2% and 5% of wages and can only escalate by one percentage point annually up to 10%. Administrative costs after six years are capped at 1% of program assets, which is greater than the operating expenses charged by 90% of IRA equity mutual funds.

The board could invest workers’ money however it chooses, so politicians would be able to direct billions toward their favorite causes.

A legislative analysis notes that “the fiscal impact of this bill is subject to considerable uncertainty.” No kidding. If more workers opt out or contribute less than the board projects, administrative costs could exceed the 1% limit. Taxpayers might have to pick up the difference.

The Journal also warns that other large Democrat-dominated states intend to follow California’s example — and that despite heavy federal intervention in the private finance industry, consumers cannot expect government-run plans to be subject to the same scrutiny.

How many of you want democrats in control of a mandatory retirement program.....do you really think your money will exist after they get done with it?
Republicans don't want you to have any retirement money. That's why people like Romney and Trump bankrupt so many companies. It's called "Vulture Capitalism".
Why do you think Trump hires illegals and stiffs his workers? You must have an explanation.

A forced retirement fund where the gov't can invest the money any way they see fit?

I don't know a single conservative who has ever, or will ever, support that.

They already have

The federal government has been running the Thrift Savings Plan for over 25 years. Federal employees, Congress and the military all belong. It has over 4.5 million members and is very successful

It was signed into law in 1986 by Conservative Reagan

When Hillary was FLOTUS, one of the things she and Bill wanted was to take everyone's retirement and make retirement pensions free to everyone. In the interest of "fairness".

When Hillary was FLOTUS, one of the things she and Bill wanted was to take everyone's retirement and make retirement pensions free to everyone. In the interest of "fairness".

link

a democrut never saw a buck that couldn't be taxed. Except of course theirs.

TSP's are not mandatory.

So

I don't see the government mismanaging it or stealing peoples contributions like the fear mongering OP predicts

So??? I said that no conservative would support a mandatory retirement plan where the gov't can invest the money any way they see fit and you replied to that by talking about TSP's and how they were signed into law by Reagan.

You said they already have by pointing out a voluntary plan? No, you lose buddy. Major fuck up on your part.

Maybe you're not able to follow this, but I said no conservative would support a mandatory retirement plan and your reply to point out I was wrong was to talk about how a conservative signed a voluntary plan into law?

Last edited:
TSP's are not mandatory.

So

I don't see the government mismanaging it or stealing peoples contributions like the fear mongering OP predicts

So??? I said that no conservative would support a mandatory retirement plan where the gov't can invest the money any way they see fit and you replied to that by talking about TSP's and how they were signed into law by Reagan.

Maybe you're not able to follow this, but I said no conservative would support a mandatory retirement plan and your reply to point out I was wrong was to talk about how a conservative signed a voluntary plan into law?

Didn't Bush propose that as part of his restructure of Social Security? Mandatory retirement plans

Forum List

Back