"The COVID-19 Boogaloo Opus"

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
is the title of an article online that explores and discusses the mistakes, misunderstandings, and ramifications thereof, of the way our society has dealt and is dealing with this pandemic.
From the link;
"Boogaloo Soup
Case fatality rates (CFRs) for this thing vary tremendously by country, because the numbers don’t exist to properly calculate it. You’re not supposed to calculate a CFR until a confirmed case has either cleared or died, but everyone is calculating them in real time for COVID-19 by looking at deaths of confirmed cases. The math is all wrong. For one, we have some dead people who probably had COVID-19 and didn’t get counted because they didn’t get tested. For another, we have a lot more people who caught it and survived, but never got confirmed, because of the testing SNAFU. For a third, we have some currently alive cases who haven’t resolved in our numbers. This means the numerator in the fraction is wrong, and the denominator is very wrong. It is likely, on speculative analysis, that the final CFR for this thing will turn out to be very similar to the flu, as we see in South Korea and Iceland which have good testing. It’s “just” a flu that everyone gets all at once because nobody started with any immunity to it, which leads to more dead people. The spike of COVID-19 deaths we will see in the coming months are going to be several times higher than the flu deaths, because basically they’re several years-worth of flu victims squeezed into one year.

What would happen if this were as deadly as the measles? What if a “true” epidemic, of the style we’ve seen in the past, hit the highly connected, highly vectored, Marketplace Of Disease we call the “global economy?” Same infection rate, much higher CFR. This is the sort of thing the “preppers” have been thinking about for years.

0*Wy6h9NOGGEEVudgP

0*Wy6h9NOGGEEVudgP

The preppers didn’t need to run out and buy toilet paper. Or meat. Or rice. Or guns. But everyone else did — especially guns. Check out the March 2020 statistics for the FBI’s NICS Background Check System:

1*QtWZgJZ_ds485ZTuWZPxsA.png

1*QtWZgJZ_ds485ZTuWZPxsA.png

NICS Firearm Checks: Month/Year | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Firearm sales vary seasonally, owing to things like hunting season, Black Friday, Christmas, and such, but a good indicator of gun sales trends can be drawn by comparing a month’s sales to the same month from the prior year. In the past full year, every month except one has set a new monthly record. Look closely at March 2020. 3.7 million background checks were issued in March, in a simply unprecedented wave of sales. It’s a million-gun spike, ten times previous spikes.

Gun store owners told an interesting tale as well — these are almost all new owners. Most estimate around 75% of gun sales in March 2020 were first time buyers. That would constitute 2.8 million people, almost 1% of the total US population buying their first gun. Many of them liberal. Some of them prior supporters of gun control. Many foreign nations only have 1% gun ownership rate nationwide. We may have that many who became first time owners a month ago. And now the ranges are closed, and they can’t practice or train with their new purchase, and they’re sitting at home losing their jobs reading a stream of social media anxiety.

These numbers don’t even count peer to peer sales or gifts of prior owned firearms. And the other things people are buying? Nonperishable food, medicines, seeds, things to use at home. Prepper stuff.

The makeup of COVID-19 America now constitutes the following classes:

1) Previously armed previous preppers

2) Previously armed new preppers

3) Newly armed new preppers

4) Unarmed new preppers, lovingly referred to as “targets.” Bless their heart.

Nobody’s not a prepper anymore. Certain corners of the internet might call this a “Boogaloo Soup.”

0*XRx3gXD43hvg0tZh

0*XRx3gXD43hvg0tZh

But shooting people is a really hard, really terrible thing to do, so people don’t generally start shooting each other unless they have three things, not just one. First, they need the tools. Second, they need dire motivation. And third, they need psychological reinforcement that dehumanizes “the other,” some frame of reference or point of view that posits the person at the other end of the barrel as less human than themselves. We have the tools. Do we have these other elements?"

The article goes on to discuss how the almost inevitable food shortages that accompany the economic collapse we are doing our damnedest to cause, coupled with our extreme ideological divide, is pretty much just a civil war/SHTF event waiting to happen...... all it will take is some hungry children to get daddy to start hunting down folks he already doesn't like and emptying their pantries while they bleed out on the kitchen floor.

By the time I run out of food, the people I hate will already be dead of dehydration or killed themselves.

That's about 20 million or so libturds, once they're gone global warming will be fixed because the planet will be a much cooler place to live.

• Banned
By the time I run out of food, the people I hate will already be dead of dehydration or killed themselves.

That's about 20 million or so libturds, once they're gone global warming will be fixed because the planet will be a much cooler place to live.
The question is, how many of them will try to raid your household before they starve? Starving people will do some extreme shit, and people will respond...... and once the shooting starts, then how far will it go?

The question is, how many of them will try to raid your household before they starve? Starving people will do some extreme shit, and people will respond...... and once the shooting starts, then how far will it go?
The bed wetters around here won't live long, whatever guns and ammo they have, if any, will be stolen by the meth heads, who will be shot on sight by the rest of us. I don't expect liberals to last more than two weeks once all the cops abandon their jobs to protect their families. The ghetto rats and trailer trash will cannibalize the libturds.

• Banned
Here's another possibility when shit get's scarce and times get lean, and IMO, a more likely one; say you end up running off a couple prowlers from your property and the cops come out, either because you called them or maybe the neighbors did, and when they notice your stockpile of food and supplies, they "confiscate" it all under some made-up law, regulation, or order against "hoarding"....... you ready to start face-shooting uniformed cops in your driveway or maybe your kitchen over a case of canned beans?

"Boogaloo Soup

We got the national guards and that ain’t all
We got the CDC testing us at the mall
Gman curfew's got a hold of me, too
I got the jack boot pneumonia and the boggie wuhan flu

Got all my flights canceled to China ‘til fall
Went for a dump but there’s no TP at all

Gman minions got me locked down too

I Wanna sneeze but I’m afraid I’ll show
Telling symptoms fema says got to go

Gotta quarantine for what I don’t know
My nose is runnin' but my fevers low

I gotta a potus sezs he’s got the plan
He was on TV , claims he is the man
Gman curfew's got me feelin’ blue

~S~ w/apologies to Mr Rivers

Here's another possibility when shit get's scarce and times get lean, and IMO, a more likely one; say you end up running off a couple prowlers from your property and the cops come out, either because you called them or maybe the neighbors did, and when they notice your stockpile of food and supplies, they "confiscate" it all under some made-up law, regulation, or order against "hoarding"....... you ready to start face-shooting uniformed cops in your driveway or maybe your kitchen over a case of canned beans?
I don't envision this scenario because I work in security/law enforcement/corrections. On my property "prowlers" would be found where I saw them and dropped them. There would be no search and confiscation of my property other than the weapon I used, but even then I'm confident that there will not be a police response. The buzzards and hogs will clean up the mess.

Forum List

Back