The "coolest sneakers ever" thread

May 2, 2011
Central Germany
HI

What is/was your favourite sneakers?

I LOVED these when I was a teenager:

The Adidas Jogging Allround

(i´m not allowed to post urls or pictures yet)

I sold newspapers for 4 months to afford these

Damn, I wish I have a pair of these again.

These are what I just bought..... Saucony Progrid Ride 3

progrid_ride_3.jpg

To replace the sneakers I destroyed at Ruckus Boston last weekend.

I'm also looking at possibly getting a pair of these.... Vibrams Fivefingers KSO's

Vibram-FiveFingers-KSO-Men-Full.jpg

61C16.jpg

If I ever believe I have the need to wear "sneakers" and sometimes I do I own these..

air-jordan-12-flu-game.jpg

Converse All Stars --high top, black.

The LAST sneaker company, I note, to migrate from the USA, incidently.

Also, one of the least expensive sneakers one could buy, even while they were still makde in the USA.

New Balance, and some are still made in the USA. http://www.shopnewbalance.com/information/madeinusa.asp?nbweref=&nbwersb=y

An interesting article on the global market for those interested:

"If you sell a pair of tennis shoes for $101 instead of $100, no consumer in Chicago will notice the difference, but it will totally transform villages in Vietnam,” he said. “This is not a moral argument. We are currently on government life-support, but that’s not sustainable. We are going to have an international depression if we don’t figure out a way to create new sources of global demand—in which case, all those apparel companies are going to go out of business anyway." Shopping for sweat: The human cost of a two-dollar T-shirt?By Ken Silverstein (Harper's Magazine)

Last edited:
Why is it, that during the 1980s when DESIGNER SNEAKERS were being made in the third world, and typicaly cost more than $100 a pair...

one could still by MADE IN THE USA Converse ALL stars for about $25?

So much for the theory that the invisible hand of the market is sane.

Forum List

Back