The Constitution of Iraq – Is “this” what our soldiers died for?

Rampant moral equivalency sighted! Man the decks!

Are you still insisting, against all evidence, that Iraq is a theocracy? Didn't I kick your ass enough to penetrate your understanding that you are wrong?

Are you still insisting, against all evidence, that Iraq is a theocracy? Didn't I kick your ass enough to penetrate your understanding that you are wrong?

Did you ever see Dodgeball? You are exactly like ben stiller's character. You never kick anyone's ass......and your opinion is so fucking pathetically irrelevant that i'd be an idiot to continue your shit.

Our soldiers died to create a fundamentalist Islamic government and the right is OK with that? They slaughtered their Christian population from 1.2 to 1.4 MILLION to probably less than 400,000 and that's OK? That's their right? Pointing out that genocide is evil means I have a problem with ISLAM?

Who agrees with Anne Coulter?

You do know that we killed at least 10 times more Iraqi's than Saddam did in his entire life? Right?
Plus, we leveled the country.

Do you guys even read what you wrote? You think you are throwing out barbs, but you are making yourselves look like fools.

10 times what saddam killed.....ya the us is way worse than sddam...

leveled the country....ya nothing there but sand now....

you are a loony.....

Did you ever see Dodgeball? You are exactly like ben stiller's character. You never kick anyone's ass......and your opinion is so fucking pathetically irrelevant that i'd be an idiot to continue your shit.

I spend my time reading, not watching Ben Stiller movies. That's why I can recognize a theocracy and you can't.

I spend my time reading, not watching Ben Stiller movies. That's why I can recognize a theocracy and you can't.

like the vatican....

like the vatican....

I guess you could say the Vatican is a theocracy, but could you say it's a "country"?

The Vatican still has international status.

Iraqis, however, are still engaged in religious slaughter as the two Muslim factions try to define their theocracy.

Rab, what do you not understand about theocracy? It is the fusion of state and religion. The Vatican is a theocratic state that has no great army or major weapon systems, while Iraq is busily building a modern armed forces. The Sunnis and Shi'ites are killing each other. Their Constitution protects Islam. What do you not understand?

like the vatican....

I guess you could say the Vatican is a theocracy, but could you say it's a "country"?

The Vatican is a City-State so in terms of sovereignty yes it is it's own "country."

What makes a Nation a theocracy is if it proclaims religion has legislative authority. Since iraq's constitution clearly states islam is a "fundamental source of legislation" it is a theocracy. Some people wrongly think a theocracy has to be totalitarian, like a Fascist State in order to be a theocracy but they are simply ignorant.

like the vatican....

The Vatican is a City-State so in terms of sovereignty yes it is it's own "country."

What makes a Nation a theocracy is if it proclaims religion has legislative authority. Since iraq's constitution clearly states islam is a "fundamental source of legislation" it is a theocracy. Some people wrongly think a theocracy has to be totalitarian, like a Fascist State in order to be a theocracy but they are simply ignorant.

No.
What makes a nation a theocracy is if the founders and leaders practice the same religion. Since almost every president and founder was a Christian of some kind, that makes the US a theocracy.

Wow, redefining things is fun!!

The Argentine Constitution invokes "God, the source of all reason and judgment."
We, the representatives of the people of the Argentine Nation, gathered in General Constituent Assembly by the will and election of the Provinces which compose it, in fulfillment of pre-existing pacts, in order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on argentine soil: invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Argentine Nation.

It also:
The Federal Government supports the Roman Catholic Apostolic religion.

So Argentina is a theocracy! Whodathunkit!

The·oc·ra·cy*(th-kr-s)

n. pl. the·oc·ra·cies

1. A government ruled by or subject to religious authority.

2. A state so governed.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

If a Nation states in its Constitution a specific religion is a fundamental source of legislation that would make said nation subject to religious authority.

CurveLight, I promise you that Rab is not going to understand this. But your comments will stand as testimony against his obstinate unwillingness to reason according to fact and evidence.

CurveLight, I promise you that Rab is not going to understand this. But your comments will stand as testimony against his obstinate unwillingness to reason according to fact and evidence.

Thank you for the affirmation but I posted it mainly for people who read but don't post. He will not admit iraq is a theocracy because doing so means we shed American blood to install the same institution they say our Troops died for fighting against: Islamic extremism.

Have you ever noticed the complete silence regarding our long standing alliance with the most brutal islamic theocracy in the world? War supporters are generally ignorant of such information. Sometimes it is genuine but in other cases it is active, and that is sad.

Maybe we should fight against the Islamic extremists in Turkey next?

You are a buffoon. You cannot define victory, except to say that we didnt achieve it. You define theocracy in a way that could apply to Argentina as well. You refuse to see the obvious differences between a real theocracy, like Iran, and a state that bases itself on religion, like Iraq. Or Argentina. Or Monaco.
You have to do this because to do otherwise is to give one inch in your fantasy that the US has lost this war. This had plausability when Harry Reid announced it a year ago or more but events have proven him, and you, wrong beyond your imagination. So the only thing left is to deny reality.

You are a buffoon. You cannot define victory, except to say that we didnt achieve it. You define theocracy in a way that could apply to Argentina as well. You refuse to see the obvious differences between a real theocracy, like Iran, and a state that bases itself on religion, like Iraq. Or Argentina. Or Monaco.
You have to do this because to do otherwise is to give one inch in your fantasy that the US has lost this war. This had plausability when Harry Reid announced it a year ago or more but events have proven him, and you, wrong beyond your imagination. So the only thing left is to deny reality.

You refuse to see the obvious differences between a real theocracy, like Iran, and a state that bases itself on religion, like Iraq.

Does that make any sense?

You refuse to see the obvious differences between a real theocracy, like Iran, and a state that bases itself on religion, like Iraq.

Does that make any sense?

Perfect sense. I've explained this before. The differences are obvious to anyone not set on a Bush-bashing agenda.

I didn't invent the definition of a theocracy.

I can define victory where the concept is plausible. It's hilarious you ignored it over 8 times when I asked you to define victory only to accuse someone else of what you're guilty of.

Iran and Iraq have the same constitutions. Both legislative structures are based in Islam as being the fundamental source of their laws. Both have democratic elections. Both allow other religious groups to exist.

Forum List

Back