The Constitution -- Merely A Guide?

many did not even attend Constitutional convention like Jefferson Adams Henry, and only 33 of 59 who did attend signed it.
so what? and why?

liberals like to pretend that Articles did not work and there was universal agreement about it. Only on 3rd try did enough attend the Convention to begin deliberations and not all voted for new Constitution because they were very very afraid of creating a monster liberal govt. Washington's attendance was critical so they lied to him to get him there.

The winning revolutionists then created a government so limited in power that it didn't work.

too stupid. Most would say our modern govt has huge power and does not work!! Do you get the logic??

Articles worked well which is why most supported it. It won the Revolution...
really? The United States existed before the articles. July 1776 - November 15, 1777. However, ratification of the Articles of Confederation by all thirteen states did not occur until March 1, 1781

yes and they merely codified the existing order

. The American revolutionists were liberals, the conservatives opposed to the revolution,

you mean classical liberals for very very tiny govt, the opposite of modern liberals who love bigger and bigger govt. This is why they spied for Hitler and Stalin..

Here's a book on it to help you with your ABC's

Epstein’s most recent book, The Classical Liberal Constitution: The Uncertain Quest for Limited Government, seeks to explain and defend his theory of constitutional understanding.

see why we say slow??
They believed in a very, very tiny government because they had a very, very tiny economy
Another simplistic, liberal, i.e., progressive, assumption. Americans were quite well off and happy. They were one of the most properous people of the eighteenth century, having been perhaps the key players in turning England's strugggling, limited trade relations with northern Europe into a sophisticated trans-oceanic commercial network that transformed the tiny, insular country of 1600 into the world's dominant power by 1700.

The Americans were perhaps also the most liberated people of the eighteenth century. The Crown retained some authority in the colonial courts and legislatures, in America's international relations, in the expanses of wilderness to the west and a few settled territories in the east. It established the colonial post office, regulated naturalization, and retained a few other powers here and there, such as the power to collect fees, dues, and rents, but the great majority of the organs of government were held by the colonists. American agencies maintained law and order, administered justice, and in general regulated everyday life (personal conduct, the worship of God, taxation, the production and distribution of wealth, etc.). The Americans condemned the prerogative power of the crown.

The Americans were already allying with other European powers. They were by no means insignificant.

They believed in a "very, very tiny government" not because they had a "very, very tiny economy," which is a laughable assumption, but becasue they wanted to preserve their society and way of life.

What parts of the Constitution to we live under? Seriously. The Bill of Rights maybe? Taxation maybe? You tell me.

too stupid!!! democracy, 3 branches of govt, enumerated powers, federalism!!

r
Well, what about the Bill of Rights? Is that a part of the Constitution? What about taxation? Is that not mentioned in the Constitution? Democracy? How so? Democracy means that the people rule, have a voice, and the government works for the benefit of the citizenry. Does it not? Please explain. Thanks.

Which specific rights are guaranteed in the US Constitution without the Bill of Rights?
Let me check and get back to you before I answer. Thanks. I want to make sure that I'm right first.
The self evident rights? :laugh2: Many of the framers and ratifiers didn't think a bill of rights was necessary

What self evident rights are those? There are no references to self evident anything in the US Constitution. I think you may be confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence.

The winning revolutionists then created a government so limited in power that it didn't work.

too stupid. Most would say our modern govt has huge power and does not work!! Do you get the logic??

Articles worked well which is why most supported it. It won the Revolution...
really? The United States existed before the articles. July 1776 - November 15, 1777. However, ratification of the Articles of Confederation by all thirteen states did not occur until March 1, 1781

yes and they merely codified the existing order
your people lost the war. they were criminals and traitors that got pardons

r
Well, what about the Bill of Rights? Is that a part of the Constitution? What about taxation? Is that not mentioned in the Constitution? Democracy? How so? Democracy means that the people rule, have a voice, and the government works for the benefit of the citizenry. Does it not? Please explain. Thanks.

Which specific rights are guaranteed in the US Constitution without the Bill of Rights?
Let me check and get back to you before I answer. Thanks. I want to make sure that I'm right first.

I'm pretty sure it's the Bill of Right's that gives form to the Constitution, which is somewhat vague in it's application. Nothing is self evident, everything has to be codified to avoid confusion and conflict.

you are so confused it is incredible. You are looking for a black and white strict constructionist view of life that just doesn't exist. The Bill of Rights was not included in the final drafts. Most of the framers thought righst were self evident and that codifying some would be construed by people like you to think those not codified were not or guaranteed or protected . there is more to the story, but Dante didn't sign up to be your private history teacher

Not my private history teacher? I thank God for that.

r

The self evident rights? :laugh2: Many of the framers and ratifiers didn't think a bill of rights was necessary

What self evident rights are those? There are no references to self evident anything in the US Constitution. I think you may be confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence.
actually not. Reading and comprehension deficit runs rampant online. you're excused for it.

The reasons many of the framers and ratifiers didn't think a bill of rights was needed was they thought they all agreed on what were self evident rights. Learn your history before posting

r

The Constitution is not independent of the Declaration of Independence.

No one from the founding era was a Democratic-Republican. That term was coined later by historians (by *gasp* progressive historians).

Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe, presidents from the founding era, were Republicans.

Yes, progressives need to rewrite or lie about history to make it seem as if Democrats were part of the founding. They were not and they have no sympathy with the Founding idea of freedom from liberal govt. They were best defined when they spied for Stalin, gave him the bomb , and elected Obama.
please go back to the rubber room
Yes, progressives need to rewrite or lie about history to make it seem as if Democrats were part of the founding. They were not and they have no sympathy with the Founding idea of freedom from liberal govt. They were best defined when they spied for Stalin, gave him the bomb , and elected Obama.

History is fun when you mix and match.

No one from the founding era was a Democratic-Republican. That term was coined later by historians (by *gasp* progressive historians).

Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe, presidents from the founding era, were Republicans.

And yet, liberals are perpetually bitter.

actually not. Reading and comprehension deficit runs rampant online. you're excused for it.

The reasons many of the framers and ratifiers didn't think a bill of rights was needed was they thought they all agreed on what were self evident rights. Learn your history before posting

Actually not what? Perhaps you could be a little less vague and cryptic in your answers as you attempt to avoid the question.

. The American revolutionists were liberals, the conservatives opposed to the revolution,

you mean classical liberals for very very tiny govt, the opposite of modern liberals who love bigger and bigger govt. This is why they spied for Hitler and Stalin..

Here's a book on it to help you with your ABC's

Epstein’s most recent book, The Classical Liberal Constitution: The Uncertain Quest for Limited Government, seeks to explain and defend his theory of constitutional understanding.

see why we say slow??
They believed in a very, very tiny government because they had a very, very tiny economy
Another simplistic, liberal, i.e., progressive, assumption. Americans were quite well off and happy. They were one of the most properous people of the eighteenth century, having been perhaps the key players in turning England's strugggling, limited trade relations with northern Europe into a sophisticated trans-oceanic commercial network that transformed the tiny, insular country of 1600 into the world's dominant power by 1700.

The Americans were perhaps also the most liberated people of the eighteenth century. The Crown retained some authority in the colonial courts and legislatures, in America's international relations, in the expanses of wilderness to the west and a few settled territories in the east. It established the colonial post office, regulated naturalization, and retained a few other powers here and there, such as the power to collect fees, dues, and rents, but the great majority of the organs of government were held by the colonists. American agencies maintained law and order, administered justice, and in general regulated everyday life (personal conduct, the worship of God, taxation, the production and distribution of wealth, etc.). The Americans condemned the prerogative power of the crown.

The Americans were already allying with other European powers. They were by no means insignificant.

They believed in a "very, very tiny government" not because they had a "very, very tiny economy," which is a laughable assumption, but becasue they wanted to preserve their society and way of life.
a very tiny government? nope. It wasn't about the actual size. There were arguments over how big a government should be and it's role. Stop putting forth a monolithic view that is more myth than reality

btw, Colonial Economy A Historical Perspective on the American Economy Economy 1991 American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

they thought people had rights, but that it might be be foolish to empower govt to protect those since it would probably subvert that empowerment and use it to take away rights.

Actually not what? Perhaps you could be a little less vague and cryptic in your answers as you attempt to avoid the question.
the conclusion of your statement: I think you may be confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence.

Dante's reply: actually not.

concise, to the point

they thought people had rights, but that it might be be foolish to empower govt to protect those since it would probably subvert that empowerment and use it to take away rights.

and others thought the most important at that time needed to be enumerated, and still others demanded if so, a ninth amendment

There were arguments over how big a government should be

yes and the issue was tiny or very tiny!!

Jefferson or Obama:
"The path we have to pursue[when Jefferson was President ] is so quiet that we have nothing scarcely to propose to our Legislature."

the conclusion of your statement: I think you may be confusing the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence.

Dante's reply: actually not.

concise, to the point

Then why do you make reference to a line from the Declaration in your anecdotes about the Constitution?

And yet, liberals are perpetually bitter.
oh yeah, bitter that Obama beat the crap out of the GOP even though they threw everything at him in order to make him a one-termer

Forum List

Back