The coming civil war in the US

Or maybe its broken because we've lowered the top income tax rate, eh?

"Lowered" the rate?

Who on fucking earth would be motivated to work at a 70+ percent income tax level?

And the 50% figure of people not paying fed inc taxes is accurate when you take into account other factors, such as tax credits and other subsidies the bottom half receive.

Yes. Lowered the rate.

And lots of people would be motivated to work at 70+ percent income tax level if that only kicked in at 10 mil a year. Or would you not work for $3 million a year?

You are soooooo wrong. Our 200,000,000 guns vs ?????

You dont just carpet bomb your own people....not to mention the military would split. Who's side would the Military take??? The conservative fringe nutbar right who has always supported them or the liberal left who condemns them yet loves to use them???

If a civil war broke out......yall are fucked....trust me.

Edited that for you.

Now answer the question.

You are soooooo wrong. Our 200,000,000 guns vs ?????

You dont just carpet bomb your own people....not to mention the military would split. Who's side would the Military take??? The conservative right who has always supported them or the liberal left who condemns them yet loves to use them???

If a civil war broke out......yall are fucked....trust me.

Don't think much of the pledge to our nation that every person joining the military takes, do you... If they sided with subversives, they would be traitors. Country-first, not the goddamned south again. Trust me.

Depends on what side you believe to be subversive. I know the Military isnt at all designed to fight a domestic battle.....

SUBVERSION
Definition:

1. activity undermining government: an action, plan, or activity intended to undermine or overthrow a government or other institution

2. overthrow of something: the destruction or ruining of something

Article III, Section 3
The Constitution

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them [the United States], or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Two hundred million guns? Two hundred million traitors.

Don't think much of the pledge to our nation that every person joining the military takes, do you... If they sided with subversives, they would be traitors. Country-first, not the goddamned south again. Trust me.

Depends on what side you believe to be subversive. I know the Military isnt at all designed to fight a domestic battle.....

SUBVERSION
Definition:

1. activity undermining government: an action, plan, or activity intended to undermine or overthrow a government or other institution

2. overthrow of something: the destruction or ruining of something

Article III, Section 3
The Constitution

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them [the United States], or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Two hundred million guns? Two hundred million traitors.

oooh, the drama!
:clap2:

Pensions are going to be the catalyst for the coming right wing revolt?

Yeah, right.

We all know why you guys are going bonkers.

Anyone that takes up arms against their nation, deserves what they get:

To be crushed by the federal Army.

Again.

You might want to redo your math. Ain't downsizing grand? There are LOT more of us out here than there are in US military.

Yeah, right.

Again.

You might want to redo your math. Ain't downsizing grand? There are LOT more of us out here than there are in US military.

Try telling that to the Iraqi's :lol:

Yeah, right.

Again.

Try telling that to the Iraqi's :lol:

i swore my oath to the constitution, and i upheld it.
ymmv.

be safe bk, my prayers are with you.

Yeah, right.

Again.

I, also took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. I still consider that oath to be in force. Unfortunate that you do not.

Yeah, right.

Again.

I, also took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. I still consider that oath to be in force. Unfortunate that you do not.

Ya but you believe in global warming too !:lol:

Yeah, right.

Again.

Unfortunate that you assume. I must have missed the part where I stated anything of the sort.

I will make a point that you probably won't get, as usual: Yes, I swore and oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Nowhere have I stated anything to contradict that.

I did NOT however swear an oath to blindly support a government that does not represent that Constitution.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,.................. domestic

Defend the Constitution??? ....Enemies domestic???....Yup...the military is on your side...yup.

The problem with math here seems to be the confusion in what is the Constitution and what is that fat, bloated tick AKA the US government. Sure they are going to legislate themselves into being on the legal side of the issue. They did the same 3 years after the fact following the US Civil War.

In principle however, the US government's laws aren't supposed to violate the ideals which are the basis for the Constitution.

Yeah, right.

Again.

"Us" who gunny?

People who would take up arms against the legally constituted government?

Are you really advocating a military coup?

Yeah, right.

Again.

"Us" who gunny?

I think I've been pretty clear that I am not advocating taking up arms against the US government. In fact, I have said just the opposite on more than one occasion. The mechanism exists to remove the current politicians from office.

My comment centered solely on a response to the usual, ignorant comment from a faux patriot doing his blind support for the government. The government supports the Constitution. The Constitution does not support politicians. It supports a type of government within its framework.

"Us" who gunny?

I think I've been pretty clear that I am not advocating taking up arms against the US government. In fact, I have said just the opposite on more than one occasion. The mechanism exists to remove the current politicians from office.

My comment centered solely on a response to the usual, ignorant comment from a faux patriot doing his blind support for the government. The government supports the Constitution. The Constitution does not support politicians. It supports a type of government within its framework.

Yeah, okay.

At what point does one finally decide that the government has gone so rogue that one will take up arms against it?

And if one happens to be in uniform, at what point does somebody in the service decide to shoot their officers who are still supporting that government?

You see what I am asking you, here?

It's easu to speak in theoretical terms, but when push comes to shove how do you KNOW?

It isn't like our government is going to announce that they're totalitarians.

And it isn't like you'll get a fucking email announcing it's time to revolt either, is it?

Revolutions just don't work that way.

Each one of us will find that we are forced to decide for ourselves when the revolution starts.

In the meanwhile those of us in uniform will have little choice but to obey orders.

So what YOUR tipping point?

Be specific, now.

When you are told to fire upon civilians as, for example, US troops have done often in our long history?

And when you finally decide to off your officers, how will you KNOW that the team you are now on will give you a better freeer outcome than the government you are now in opposition to?

Seriously, gun, this talk of revolt is rather silly.

How does one choose up sides?

WACO was an appauling example of our government gone mad, was it not?

So how did you feel when the Federal building was blown in retaliation?

Did you dismiss the dead children in that act of revolution as mere unfortunate collatoral damages, or did you feel that that (possibly justified) retribution just end up killing a lot of innocent people?

This is the problem with revolutions....too many innocent citizens get killed by angry jerks.

Angry jerks like we have aplenty right here on this board.

Last edited:
Civil war started in Chicago. Coming to a hood near you soon. This has nothing to do with demons or repugnants.
This has to do with the end of empire and total economic and societal collapse.

Yes. They will use the military against you. Remember Waco ?
If 200 million hit the streets with arms they WILL carpet bomb your asses. The military and police have been brainwashed to the max.

"Us" who gunny?

Ed, the Constitution does contain language IIRC that allows "the people" to remove the current government in power if they so choose, and not just by the ballot box.

At this point, I do not think Gunny or anyone else here is advocating armed resistance, but someday that could change, and since the future is an unknown, you could be the one pressing for such action.

One of the unfortunate aspects of our current regime is the lack of term limits, which combined with the absurd gerrymandering of districts, has allowed congressman to run virtually unopposed for decades. As for Senators, they can use their power in office to retain an almost insurmountable advantage over all who try to challenge them.

At some point, frustration will mount, between the ever higher taxes required to fund public pensions - there is nothing more dangerous than for unemployed people, selling off their furniture, while their kids eat lousy foods and suffer - watching TV and hearing 48-year old public workers getting 8 weeks paid vacation, retiring at 50 with full pension owning multiple homes, etc. Combine that with elected officials in office - who by the way, also receive immense pensions and lifelong health benefits, perks, staff, etc. - who are abusing the system in its entirety - and you have a recipe for disaster.

Forum List

Back