The Case for Global Warming Stronger Than Ever

No dumbass the 10 hottest years on record all occurred after 2000. THere is no cooling just dumbasses like you who can't add 2+2

starz- for the last decade there has been no change in temp (roughly). heat gain has been matched by heat loss. individual years are not independent of the previous year. they do not start at the average temp of the last 30 years (or 300 or 3000 or 3million). the last decade has only been 'the warmest' because they initially started warm and didnt change.

we should be much more interested in the ENSO change of 1998 that reset the thermostat at the present level. years with little or no change are just not that interesting. it is the years withlarge differences in rate of change that will give us more information about climate and what controls it.

Ian, this is a damned lie, and you know it.

UAH Global Temperature Update for March 2012: +0.11 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Only by using a record El Nino year as your starting point, 1998, can you make that claim. We equaled 1998 in 2005 and 2010 without a record El Nino. And, when the next strong El Nino occurs, will far surpass 1998.

"BBC: Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming

Phil Jones, High Priest of the AGW Cult: Yes..."

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy" Official Policy of the IPCC

"let's use Mike's trick to hide the decline".

No dumbass the 10 hottest years on record all occurred after 2000. THere is no cooling just dumbasses like you who can't add 2+2

starz- for the last decade there has been no change in temp (roughly). heat gain has been matched by heat loss. individual years are not independent of the previous year. they do not start at the average temp of the last 30 years (or 300 or 3000 or 3million). the last decade has only been 'the warmest' because they initially started warm and didnt change.

we should be much more interested in the ENSO change of 1998 that reset the thermostat at the present level. years with little or no change are just not that interesting. it is the years withlarge differences in rate of change that will give us more information about climate and what controls it.

UAH Global Temperature Update for March 2012: +0.11 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Only by using a record El Nino year as your starting point, 1998, can you make that claim. We equaled 1998 in 2005 and 2010 without a record El Nino. And, when the next strong El Nino occurs, will far surpass 1998.

do you ever even read my posts? or do you just skim them and then insert whatever comment John Cook would deem appropriate?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2012.png

the first part of the graph from 1979-1997 shows temps around -0.1C anomaly with fluctuations up and down. then comes an amazing spike of one whole degree celcius in less than one year. after that spike the temps settled in at about +0.15C anomaly with fluctuations up and down between 2000-2012.

got that? flat temps for 18 years, huge spike and rebound, then flat temps again for 12years (albeit at a higher level). the rate of change and the amount of change were much larger around the time of the 1998 El Nino. to me, that is the place to look for information about what controls the climate.

for instance- Mt Pinatubo went off 4 years before the spike. recovery from large volcanoes has a natural feedback to it. a big change that leads to a big overshoot, then a medium change that leads to a medium overshoot in the opposite direction, a smaller change in the first direction that leads to a......repeat as long as necessary. (the climate models do not predict this, and modelled recovery is gradual and takes longer than in reality). did something go wrong with the volcano natural feedback system that led to a reset of the thermostat temperature? have large eruptions had similar effects in the past that have raised or lowered the temp for decades rather than just a few years? I dont know. but I do know that the 1998 ENSO event sticks out like a sore thumb in the temperature record and until we have a better understanding of what happened there I think we are just fooling ourselves by thinking that the puny effect of CO2 is running the climate.

Wire, you remain a silly ass. In spite of a double La Nina, the March temperature is above most of the temperatures for all the years prior to 1998.

Wire, you remain a silly ass. In spite of a double La Nina, the March temperature is above most of the temperatures for all the years prior to 1998.

And still you can't grasp that there has been no warming for more than a decade. And were those temperatures for the years prior to 1998 the tampered with record, the mangled record, the raped record, or the deliberately adjusted record?

By the way, what did you say the margin of error was in that claim of +0.11 degrees? I didn't hear you.

do you ever even read my posts? or do you just skim them and then insert whatever comment John Cook would deem appropriate?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2012.png

the first part of the graph from 1979-1997 shows temps around -0.1C anomaly with fluctuations up and down. then comes an amazing spike of one whole degree celcius in less than one year. after that spike the temps settled in at about +0.15C anomaly with fluctuations up and down between 2000-2012.

got that? flat temps for 18 years, huge spike and rebound, then flat temps again for 12years (albeit at a higher level). the rate of change and the amount of change were much larger around the time of the 1998 El Nino. to me, that is the place to look for information about what controls the climate.

for instance- Mt Pinatubo went off 4 years before the spike. recovery from large volcanoes has a natural feedback to it. a big change that leads to a big overshoot, then a medium change that leads to a medium overshoot in the opposite direction, a smaller change in the first direction that leads to a......repeat as long as necessary. (the climate models do not predict this, and modelled recovery is gradual and takes longer than in reality). did something go wrong with the volcano natural feedback system that led to a reset of the thermostat temperature? have large eruptions had similar effects in the past that have raised or lowered the temp for decades rather than just a few years? I dont know. but I do know that the 1998 ENSO event sticks out like a sore thumb in the temperature record and until we have a better understanding of what happened there I think we are just fooling ourselves by thinking that the puny effect of CO2 is running the climate.

Clearly, the graph is in denial

Uninformed sources tell me that the leading cause of manmade CO2 is people posting dire ManMade Global Warning posts on the Internet

The computers and servers all run on electricity which requires the combustion of Earth based hydrocarbons, so if you want to stop manmade global warning all you have to do is stop telling us about it

wasnt Hansen predicting an El Nino for last summer, and then for the fall? if we cant foresee ENSO and the other ocean current patterns, how on earth can you take 100 year weather forecasts from those bozos seriously?

And still you can't grasp that there has been no warming for more than a decade. And were those temperatures for the years prior to 1998 the tampered with record, the mangled record, the raped record, or the deliberately adjusted record?

By the way, what did you say the margin of error was in that claim of +0.11 degrees? I didn't hear you.
I see so according t you the decade of 2000 having 9 out of the hottest years ever recorded means the decade of 2000 didn't experience any warming

I see so according t you the decade of 2000 having 9 out of the hottest years ever recorded means the decade of 2000 didn't experience any warming

No according to manipulated data, poor data collection points and adjusted satellites it was the warmest. Reality however, was quite different.

You are citing measurement that depend on the movement of temperature up or down by 100's of a degree from agencies that retroactively adjust the data by more that that amount routinely.

However, assuming that the measurements of the science community are dead on accurate, the best guess estimates are that the temp of the globe rose more in the 1000 years from 0 to 1000 a.d. than it did in the 1000 years from 1000 a.d. to now.

This temperature variation measured by various proxies seems to track pretty closely with the steady increase of the TSI as revealed by the geological measurement of various elements and Sun Spot recordings.

So you can blame the increase in warmth on the increase of a trace gas in the air or on the large ball of fire at the center of the Solar System.

The Roman Catholic Church of the Dark Ages and the scientists at NASA today both cling to the Faith that the Earth is the center of things. Open your eyes and expand your mind. It allows a whole new vision of the Universe to open before you. The Catholic Church, if not NASA, has done so.

“The hardest part is trying to influence the nature of the measurements obtained…” | Watts Up With That?

File:2000 Year Temperature Comparison.png - Global Warming Art

File:Carbon Derived Solar Change.png - Global Warming Art

Last edited:

do you understand the difference between warming and warm? if the rate of change is not going up or down then there is no warming or cooling. and certainly no increasing rate of warming that is claimed by many warmists

To bring a younger more general "audience" to the earth day message, it should fun, not just dire threats.

No wonder Earth Day is 42 years old and not as effective as it could be.

Forum List

Back