The Carnival of Latin America and the Caribbean

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ANTIGUA
Stanford Victims Will Benefit From $300M Settlement

ARGENTINA
Imprisoned priest Francisco Jalics breaks silence over Pope Francis, clearing him for involvement in ‘Dirty War’
Jalics had been silent for years in a German monastery. He once thought then-Cardinal Bergoglio played a role in his arrest

Social Justice And Pope Francis: Choosing Freedom Over Serfdom

After Frosty Past, Pope Meets Argentine Leader

Making nice? Argentina’s Kirchner and Pope Francis meet in Rome (+video)
Beneath the cordial meeting today between new Pope Francis and President Kirchner lies a rocky and strained relationship that stretches back to 2004.

I always enjoy this roundup feature of Fausta's blog with links @ The Carnival of Latin America and the Caribbean | Fausta's Blog

The Hugo Chavez bird Carnival of Latin America and the Caribbean

Last week Venezuela’s acting president and presidential candidate Nicolas Maduro officially inaugurated his campaign by publicly stating that Hugo Chavez had spoken to him in the form of a bird (but apparently not as a parrot). In the spirit of the occasion (all puns intended), and in keeping with a red Chavista shirt theme, I’m illustrating this week’s Carnival with the most famous red bird of all, the Angry Bird, instead of the usual map.

Read more @ The Hugo Chavez bird Carnival of Latin America and the Caribbean | Fausta's Blog my favorite site for Latin America news.

Forum List

Back