The brutal truth about American healthcare

The LA Forum in Inglewood, California, hosted dental and medical examinations, for thousands of people thanks to the charity Remote Area Medical.

from caption of pic @ link in OP^

Read that sentence again. Remote Area Medical......in Inglewood, California. That's like a stone's throw from Beverly Hills.......

That isn't amazing to you in any way? This charity would be more likely to show up in a NAT GEO article than so close to Rodeo Dr.....

Mind boggling.
these guys have been doing this for some time,going to different places.....and you mention Beverly Hills....tons of Elite Liberals....i wonder how many contributed....the cost was something like 4Mill...

A lot easier than I can contenance old people dying because the government doean't want to spend the money.

Of course it's sad. But in certain respects it is also wonderful. The private charity work that went into this says a great deal of good about this country. Your just to damn pig headed to get it.

Oh c'mon, Gary, I figured you to be smarter than that. Why are you still repeating that bunk?

I don't know? I have no idea beyond my initial guess that your just to pigheaded to understand the fact that this was a private charitable event that didn't involve the government. And a hell of a lot of people got treated for free by volunteers.

This whole scenario in fact pretty much demonstrates that we need governemnt run health care about like we need to be shot at.

So all medical care for folks who can't afford it should come from charities? SOMEBODY has to pay at some point. Volunteer work isn't a 40-hour a week job.

I don't know? I have no idea beyond my initial guess that your just to pigheaded to understand the fact that this was a private charitable event that didn't involve the government. And a hell of a lot of people got treated for free by volunteers.

This whole scenario in fact pretty much demonstrates that we need governemnt run health care about like we need to be shot at.

So all medical care for folks who can't afford it should come from charities? SOMEBODY has to pay at some point. Volunteer work isn't a 40-hour a week job.

We already have universal healthcare. It's called the emergency room.

So we have a system where the rich get great healthcare, and the poor get none until they are at death's door and need the most expensive healthcare there is. This is why we spend TWICE as much per captia on healthcare as the rest of the Western democracies. Because we are stupid.

The LA Forum in Inglewood, California, hosted dental and medical examinations, for thousands of people thanks to the charity Remote Area Medical.

Read that sentence again. Remote Area Medical......in Inglewood, California. That's like a stone's throw from Beverly Hills.......
That isn't amazing to you in any way? This charity would be more likely to show up in a NAT GEO article than so close to Rodeo Dr.....

Mind boggling.

Hardly.
Map of Beverly Hills - Google Maps

Like I said before, nothing is free. You guys get caught up in this healthcare "free" thing without stopping to think. Somebody has to pay for the medicines and the space and the time volunteered.

Exactly. Have you had an epiphany, Soaring?

We are noticing the economy is ever so slightly beginning to get traction. Remember in a recession that jobs are the last things to come back, and that should be happening in growing numbers by early summer next year. We can thank the neo-con Pubs for the recession, and the moderate and conservative democrats and moderate pubs for the recovery.

Bush, Cheney, Rush, Sean, Glenn etc have destroyed the post-Reagan party. They all have to leave the Party along with their supporters, and we have already begun in many communities across the nation fashioning the new Party. We will be able to compete by 2016.

Don't get downhearted, fellow pubs. Politics in America run in cycles and we will have to let this cycle finish. But always remember that we shot ourselves in the foot, and then only then did the Dems stomp on it. Get the revolversout of the neo-con/neo-econ fools' hands.

Mind boggling.
these guys have been doing this for some time,going to different places.....and you mention Beverly Hills....tons of Elite Liberals....i wonder how many contributed....the cost was something like 4Mill...

Inglewood is nowhere near Beverly Hills. Try walking it sometime. You need at least a half-hour by freeway from Beverly Hills just to get to LAX, which actually IS a stone's throw from Inglewood.

Here are some points to consider to refute some of the scare over what health care will do:

If my employer drops my health insurance, I will be forced into the public plan.

In our current system, you lose your health insurance if you lose your job. COBRA isn't always available and is very expensive even when it is.

Some employers may opt for the public plan and drop their existing group insurance. I'll lose my current insurance.

Well your employer has the right to drop an insurance company anyway and choose another for the group that may not be to your personal liking.

But here is what is FACTUALLY scary: Health care costs are projected to double over the next decade and employers will respond by dropping coverage, reducing wages, or laying off people. Meanwhile, as more people enter a situation where they would become eligible for Medicaid (due to reduction in wages) or lose their jobs, Medicaid costs (Medicare as well) will soar, producing ever-larger deficits anyway.

I saw a report about this on the news tonight.

I felt so bad for those people, many of them old and sick.

The wealthiest country in the world can't take care of its sick people.

How pathetic are we?

you don't give a rat's ass about those people, shitstain.

Inglewood is nowhere near Beverly Hills. Try walking it sometime. You need at least a half-hour by freeway from Beverly Hills just to get to LAX, which actually IS a stone's throw from Inglewood.

Maggie even though i wasnt the one who said it was a stones throw away......... its 8 miles away.....which aint shit out here....thats like 5 minutes by freeway....

Last edited:
Here are some points to consider to refute some of the scare over what health care will do:

If my employer drops my health insurance, I will be forced into the public plan.

In our current system, you lose your health insurance if you lose your job. COBRA isn't always available and is very expensive even when it is.

Some employers may opt for the public plan and drop their existing group insurance. I'll lose my current insurance.

Well your employer has the right to drop an insurance company anyway and choose another for the group that may not be to your personal liking.

But here is what is FACTUALLY scary: Health care costs are projected to double over the next decade and employers will respond by dropping coverage, reducing wages, or laying off people. Meanwhile, as more people enter a situation where they would become eligible for Medicaid (due to reduction in wages) or lose their jobs, Medicaid costs (Medicare as well) will soar, producing ever-larger deficits anyway.

The only thing I have on this is that H. R. 3200 doesn't do enough to address the costs. We need a two-part reform, one part addressing coverage and the other costs. Expanding coverage alone will do something, but not enough.

Maggie exactly how do you think Obama care is going to reduce costs?

Every other industrialized nation has a national healthcare system and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

The real question is, Why are we continuing to be ripped off?

Thank you, Chris, for a common sense question, to which the neo-stains will have no reasonable answer.

How pathetic are we?

I don't see how a country that is as far in debt as we are can be considered the "wealthiest country in the world."

It's not our job to take care of the sick. They should take care of themselves.

How pathetic are we?

I don't see how a country that is as far in debt as we are can be considered the "wealthiest country in the world."

It's not our job to take care of the sick. They should take care of themselves.

except for chrissy, who can afford insurance, but is too much of a shitstain to purchase it.

Forum List

Back