The BP Disaster Was Obama's 3 A.M. Emergency Call. He Hung Up And Went Back To Sleep

So it's all the dems fault eh?? LOL How typical. When a dem is president everything his fault even stuff that happened under a previous president and when a republican is president it's always someone else fault LOL

Especially considering the whole house of cards started to crumble in 2006 after 6 disastrous years of shrub's policies, the inva$ion of Iraq and turning the other way while Wall Street had orgies with our 401K's and begged and cried for new mortgages to bundle. They forget that 86% of the toxic mortgages were issued and owned by PRIVATE lenders - not to mention that in the summer of 2007, the first ARM's started to reset to higher rates and THIS is when defaults started in earnest... on loans that were at the time 1-5 years old.... Sooo.... they're still saying the fit hit the shan the INSTANT the dems had a somewhat larger majority in congress... even then, everything they tried to pass got vetoed by shrub - still their fault. I love righty revisionist history. I guess this is what all of our kids will be learning now, thanks to Texas. Sigh...

They only had "orgies" with the 401K's of imbeciles who sank it all in bad shit. As for ARM... what kinda dumbass gets an ARM? Love that logic.... nah, screw 5% fixed... I'll get 3% adjustable. What could go wrong? LOL!!!

More lefty victim bullshit. Grow the fuck up and start making better decisions.

You know how many finaincial genius' I heard back in the nineties telling tales of their financial wizardry when their 401K's shot through the roof... then they turned into victims overnight when their 401K lost 85% because it was all in one stock. It's the same dummies that bought $300,000 homes for $0 down and a 3% ARM on a $40,000 income. Gee.. foreclosure's in your future? Who'd a thunk that?

Brilliant!!!

I feel sorry for you.

You should feel sorry for the people of the Gulf that are being affected by the Current Administrations ineffectiveness, BO did not show up in the Gulf Area for 13 Days after the incident -- 13 Days after the incident, I would say BO slept during several Phone Calls.

The only thing the Administration(s) past and present did wrong was to allow the drilling in the first place. They got duped by the oil companies, who knew they couldn't fix a blowout like this in less than the time it took to drill a relief well,

but they didn't explain that to the government; they hid that fact and the government wasn't keen enough to catch them at it.

They only had "orgies" with the 401K's of imbeciles who sank it all in bad shit. As for ARM... what kinda dumbass gets an ARM? Love that logic.... nah, screw 5% fixed... I'll get 3% adjustable. What could go wrong? LOL!!!

More lefty victim bullshit. Grow the fuck up and start making better decisions.

You OFFER a loan with a low teaser rate to someone who wants to own a house, what do you expect? It's not like these were passive companies. There were ads all over television, radio and the interwebs. Face it, Wall St. wanted loans to bundle, the lenders were greedy and most lower income Americans did not have a mortgage lender with intergrity enough to explain in great detail what an ARM would mean. They didn't mention teaser rates to them either or that they would just fill in any old number for the "income requirement". Sorry, I blame the spider casting the deceptive web. People can't take what you don't offer. Tell me this... if none of these exotic mortgage products existed, say, like 10 years ago, and we had the same lending requirements as 10 years ago, would the housing bubble / economic crisis have happened? Hell no, it wouldn't have. Oh and just so you know, Freddy and Fannie were among the LAST to lower lending requirements. 85% of that sludge was all private sector.

funny that it mattered what day President Bush showed up.. innit? Hypocrite asswipes?

If Obama had jumped in and taken control, the government would have ended up footing the bill for as much as 20 billion. Worst yet, we would be stuck with the costs due to Bush I's Oil Protection Act of 1990 which limits us to 75 million in damages.

The president will always lose when we suffer a disaster of this magnitude. Regardless of what is done, it won't be enough. If he throws all government resources available to fix the problem, he will be accused of wasting money and ignoring the experts, BP.

I think he did right thing.

I feel sorry for you.

You should feel sorry for the people of the Gulf that are being affected by the Current Administrations ineffectiveness, BO did not show up in the Gulf Area for 13 Days after the incident -- 13 Days after the incident, I would say BO slept during several Phone Calls.

The only thing the Administration(s) past and present did wrong was to allow the drilling in the first place. They got duped by the oil companies, who knew they couldn't fix a blowout like this in less than the time it took to drill a relief well,

but they didn't explain that to the government; they hid that fact and the government wasn't keen enough to catch them at it.

"The only thing the Administration(s) past and present" should've done was tell the tree huggers to get fucked, and not made them go drill so deep.

Forum List

Back