The Bill Cosby Trial

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
It was said on the Entertainment Tonight show a little bit ago that not only was today the first day of the trial, but that the girl who played Rudy on his TV show was there with him. In my opinion, that girl better not go crying should she stop getting roles in movies and TV shows. I get why she is supporting him, they worked together all the years, but when the dust has finally settled, I can't see standing with him doing her any favors where her own career is concerned.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You speak for your friends character based on what you know. To do anything else makes you a shallow douchebag susceptible to outside influence. Would you be a friend or a media magnet sucker?

For the record I believe him to be guilty but I'm neither his friend nor a juror

I saw Rudy with him on ET also. I don't know if she even has that great of an acting career now. lol
Besides, who cares what the sheeple public think, I'm glad she doesn't seem to care.

I hope hes not guilty, even if he did do some things I have always thought the charges were trumped up by some of those women. The man is what...mid eighties and blind. Just a sad story all around.

1. He is guilty of something. Women are notorious for screwing men thinking its career enhancement.

Personally, I think something stinks because they waited..what...30 fucking years to complain about it???

You speak for your friends character based on what you know. To do anything else makes you a shallow douchebag susceptible to outside influence. Would you be a friend or a media magnet sucker?
To me, its commendable her being the true friend that she is to him, but she is really pushing it by blatantly putting all of that out there for the rest of the world to be aware of and in my opinion, if Bill really cared about her, he wouldn't have let her do such a thing in his defense to begin with. He would have told her that this whole situation is his problem and no one else's and insisted that she spend her day somewhere else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I've always hated Bill Cosby because he committed the WORST crime a comedian can commit: he's simply not funny and never was. I'M funnier than Bill Cosby.

Also, his nose looks like an upside-down wheelbarrow. It's a gross mutation, with all his money you'd think he could get pleastic surgery to clean it up a bit.

Cosby mistrial doesn't preclude civil lawsuits...
icon_redface.gif

Despite mistrial in criminal case, civil lawsuits await Cosby
Sat Jun 17, 2017 | Although Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial ended in a mistrial on Saturday, his legal problems persist as he faces assault and defamation claims in civil lawsuits, where the bar for evidence is lower than in criminal cases.
In civil lawsuits in the United States, plaintiffs need only show that the weight of evidence is on their side, meaning they have information to tip the scales above 50 percent in their favor, as opposed to criminal cases in which prosecutors must prove claims beyond a reasonable doubt. At least 10 women have pending civil claims against Cosby in lawsuits filed in California and Massachusetts. Two have brought claims against the 79-year-old entertainer for sexual assault. Others, barred from doing so because their claims were too old, have brought defamation claims against him, saying he smeared their reputations by publicly denying their accusations.

The judge in the criminal case against Cosby in Pennsylvania declared a mistrial on Saturday after jurors said they were deadlocked and unable to reach a unanimous verdict on charges that Cosby sexually assaulted Andrea Constand in 2004. At the time, Constand worked at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University. David Harris, a professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law who specializes in criminal justice, said the hung jury did not mean that a civil jury would clear Cosby of liability. “There may not be enough evidence for a criminal conviction, but that does not rule out a civil verdict,” said Harris.

r

Actor and comedian Bill Cosby (C) reacts after a judge declared a mistrial in his sexual assault trial at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pennsylvania​

Approximately 60 accusations of sexual assault have been made against Cosby over a number of years, but only Constand's resulted in criminal charges because the other alleged incidents were too old to prosecute. Cosby has denied all of the accusations. Constand herself sued Cosby in 2005 and settled for an undisclosed sum.

Women bringing civil cases would also likely find it easier to introduce testimony from other accusers to support claims that Cosby engaged in a pattern of assault, said Douglas Wigdor, a plaintiffs' attorney who represents clients in sexual harassment cases. Little testimony about other accusations against Cosby was allowed in the Pennsylvania trial because of the strict standards for admitting evidence in criminal cases. Prosecutors had sought to have 13 other accusers testify in Constand's case, but the judge allowed only one, finding that more would unfairly prejudice the jury.

CHALLENGES ALL AROUND

Forum List

Back