The biggest GOP losers: Where will their future support go?

Yes, but the wasn't particularly relevant to the question I was trying to ask. The aggregate support of low ranking candidates has the potential to have a strong effect on the rest of the primary. Instead of voting for Paul, his supporters elsewhere are probably going to migrate elsewhere. Who do you think would be a second choice for a Paul supporter?

The Libertarian candidate.

Yeah, because Gary Johnson is an option in the GOP primary. :slap:

No, because there are no reasonable choices for Paul supporters in the GOP primary. Most of his supporters will vote outside the party in the general.

Cool story, bro.

This thread isn't about the general election.

This thread asked where would their supporters would go, "bro". Pull your head out.
The OP's clearly about the nomination.

Jeb Bush: 3 Delegates
Carly Fiorina: 1 Delegate
Rand Paul: 1 Delegate

We're only 4% of the way through, but these three are at the bottom of the delegate count, at least among candidates that have at least some delegates. Considering that these individuals were never actually viable in the first place, I think it's fair to start wondering when they'll drop out, and to whom their would-be supporters will migrate.

With such an overcrowded field migratory support has the potential to have a huge impact on the rest of the primary race. It leaves us to consider 1) Will lower end candidates linger vainly or will they strategically withdraw? and 2) Where will their supporters turn?
Rand Paul supporters will either go home or they will back Cruz.

Carly Fiorina voters will support Carson or Clinton.

Bush supporters will stay home.

Christie will ask his supporters to back Kasich.

Yes, but the wasn't particularly relevant to the question I was trying to ask. The aggregate support of low ranking candidates has the potential to have a strong effect on the rest of the primary. Instead of voting for Paul, his supporters elsewhere are probably going to migrate elsewhere. Who do you think would be a second choice for a Paul supporter?

No, because there are no reasonable choices for Paul supporters in the GOP primary. Most of his supporters will vote outside the party in the general.

Cool story, bro.

This thread asked where would their supporters would go, "bro". Pull your head out.

This thread is about the primaries. I should know. I started the thread. So speaking about pulling your head out... :slap:

Cool story, bro.

This thread is about the primaries. I should know. I started the thread. So speaking about pulling your head out... :slap:

Then you framed your question poorly.

Listen, I responded in good faith - and you chose to be a prick about it. I'll try to avoid your horseshit threads from now on, if that's your attitude. Win/win, I suppose.

Forum List

Back