The Big Lie GOP Keeps Repeating: Obama Doesn't Have a Plan

No, the purpose of the spending bill was to prevent a deflationary spiral. It worked.

And your avatar is borderline child abuse.

ROFL! That was just the cover story, nitwit. Right from the start the spending was designed to permanently jack up the percentage of GDP the federal government consumes. that's what Obama meant when he said he wanted to "fundamentally transform this nation." Only turds like you were fooled.

Damn, even after I point out the facts you insist this is the plan we are talking about?

don't know what plan you are talking about but this is Obama budget plan, even though it is Congress that has the responsibility to start budget bills.

Every post you make just proves how stupid you are.

Presidents have been submitting budgets since the law was changed to so that each agency did not have to go and beg money from Congress every year since 1974. Look up the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 sometime.

Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974

So now we are back to the budget being the President's responsibility?

I see. And of course this standard wont change one bit when the discussion comes to the national debt and how much it has increased under each POTUS since Reagan took office.

Boehner already proved this is a lie. Boehner said he and Obama had reached an agreement, but then claimed Obama changed the deal at the last minute. True or false on the 'change' charge,

that nevertheless proves that Obama did in fact have a plan.

Boehner already proved this is a lie. Boehner said he and Obama had reached an agreement, but then claimed Obama changed the deal at the last minute. True or false on the 'change' charge,

All it proved was that Obama said he had a plan. I don't believe the lying mofo.

All it proved was that Obama said he had a plan. I don't believe the lying mofo.

Okay, so you think Boehner was lying.

I'm still getting a kick out of the GOP thinking it's Obama's responsibility to come up with a fix for a "crisis" they manufactured.

There are reports that an agreement has been reached...A "tentative framework".

Deal Framework Reached on Raising U.S. Debt Ceiling

Deal Framework Reached on Raising U.S. Debt Ceiling - Bloomberg

The White House and congressional Republicans have sketched out the contours of an agreement to increase the nation’s $14.3 trillion debt ceiling that would raise borrowing authority through the next presidential election, a person familiar with the talks said late last night.

The tentative framework includes immediate spending cuts of $1 trillion and creation of a special committee to recommend additional savings of up to $1.8 trillion later this year. The new panel would have to act before the Thanksgiving congressional recess in late November and Congress would have to approve its recommendations by late December or government departments and programs, including defense and Medicare, would face automatic, across-the-board cuts, the person said.

No more than 4 percent of Medicare would be subject to cuts, and beneficiaries would be unaffected as reductions would apply to providers, the person said. Social Security would be untouched.

Here, according to Democratic and Republican sources, are the key elements:

A debt ceiling increase of up to $2.1 to $2.4 trillion (depending on the size of the spending cuts agreed to in the final deal).
They have now agreed to spending cuts of roughly $1.2 trillion over 10 years.
The formation of a special Congressional committee to recommend further deficit reduction of up to $1.6 trillion (whatever it takes to add up to the total of the debt ceiling increase). This deficit reduction could take the form of spending cuts, tax increases or both.
The special committee must make recommendations by late November (before Congress' Thanksgiving recess).
If Congress does not approve those cuts by December 23, automatic across-the-board cuts go into effect, including cuts to Defense and Medicare. This "trigger" is designed to force action on the deficit reduction committee's recommendations by making the alternative painful to both Democrats and Republicans.
A vote, in both the House and Senate, on a balanced budget amendment.

Congressional Sources: Republicans and Democrats Reach Tentative Debt Deal - The Note

1.2 trillion over 10 years? That's a joke. Our unfunded liabilities are about to explode when Obama Care kicks in. Medicare and Social Security costs are about to go through the roof as well if both those programs aren't modified.

Wake up people! The debt crisis isn't a "lie" someone has come up with to make Barack Obama a one term President...it's a very real crisis that if we don't address NOW will inevitably put us in the very same position as Greece...only WE won't have some sugar daddy to bail us out.

don't know what plan you are talking about but this is Obama budget plan, even though it is Congress that has the responsibility to start budget bills.

Every post you make just proves how stupid you are.

Presidents have been submitting budgets since the law was changed to so that each agency did not have to go and beg money from Congress every year since 1974. Look up the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 sometime.

Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974

So now we are back to the budget being the President's responsibility?

I see. And of course this standard wont change one bit when the discussion comes to the national debt and how much it has increased under each POTUS since Reagan took office.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3726-bg071111dapr20110711024518.jpg

Just think of the McDonalds theme, Im lovin it.

I'm still getting a kick out of the GOP thinking it's Obama's responsibility to come up with a fix for a "crisis" they manufactured.

I'm getting a kick out of the dimocrats wanting to hold office since they lack any grownup sense of responsibility. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault cause they "can't do it." They just need to get the hell out of the way and stop making the situation worse.

I'm getting a kick out of the dimocrats wanting to hold office since they lack any grownup sense of responsibility. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault cause they "can't do it." They just need to get the hell out of the way and stop making the situation worse.

Good rejoinder.

The facts are straightforward. Like many other conservatives, I do not contend that the problem was caused just by President Obama. He is a major part of the on-going nature of the problem, however.

Like honest folks all over the place, I deny the idiotic claim of the dishonest Farticle that the crisis is manufactured or that it is primarily manufactured by the Republicans. Again, reality informs us that they SHARE the blame. The lion's share of the blame rests with the Democratics, however.

The point of the discussion, though, is NOT to "assign" blame since that doesn't really GET us anywhere. The real point of the discussion is to work on fixing what's wrong.

Present day liberal Democratics are in denial. They have no realistic or honest plan. They have no "plan" at all, beyond more of the very crap that got us into this mess.

Dopes like Farticle are enablers, nothing more.

Leave it to a rightwinger to think that allowing the country to default on its financial obligations represents the grownup sense of responsibility.

Since certain asshole libs have made the claim that President Obama does "have" a plan, it ought to be simple to STATE that plan, source it and link to the source or sources.

Go ahead libbies: do that.

Last edited:
IF in fact Obama has a plan to reduce by 2.4 trillion They say not to get downgraded we need at least 4 trillion in cuts. So this plan doesnt fly even though I dont think Obama has a plan unless you think that golfing on Sunday as a plan then yes he does !

They said 4T would be a good down payment. Neither Boehner's plan nor what Obama is requesting even comes close. D.C. is fucking joke.

Standard & Poor’s reiterated that a $4 trillion deficit cut would be a “good down payment” toward stabilizing U.S. finances, according to John Chambers, chairman of the company’s sovereign rating committee.

The Senate is likely to begin voting this weekend on an a proposal from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to raise the nation’s debt limit by the full $2.4 trillion President Barack Obama has requested, while cutting $2.2 trillion over a decade. Reid said today he will move tonight to kill House Speaker John Boehner’s plan to cut $915 billion over 10 years. The Treasury had set Aug. 2 as the date for when it would run out of cash.

“$4 trillion would be a good down payment,” Chambers said in a video interview distributed by the New York-based ratings firm. “A grand bargain of that nature would signal the seriousness of policy makers to address the fiscal situation in the U.S.”

S&P, which has given the U.S. a top AAA ranking since 1941, said on July 14 that the chance of a downgrade is 50 percent in the next three months and may cut the rating as soon as August if there isn’t a “credible” plan to reduce the nation’s deficit.

“The $4 trillion, depending on whether it’s front loaded or back loaded, is not going to do the trick in terms of stabilizing the U.S. government debt to GDP ratio,” Chambers said. “But it takes you pretty far along.”

S&P

Leave it to a rightwinger to think that allowing the country to default on its financial obligations represents the grownup sense of responsibility.

The US wouldn't have to default....unless Obama wanted to. But leave it to a leftwinger to fearmonger.

200,000,000,000 income a month
20,000,000,000 debt obligation per month

This OP still hasn't produced the President's Debt Plan. Because there aint one. He refuses to put it down on paper and release it to the Public. So who's really doing the lying?

It's a terrible deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend Spend spend and spend

It won't pass the House. Bonehead needs to step down as Leader

and leave it to a dimocrat to think that unsustainable debt is the answer.. wasssssamatter fraid your sugar tit is gonna dry up?

Ignored post #84 where I proved that you didn't read your own damned link, didn't ya?
:cuckoo:

Where is this imaginary plan?

Forum List

Back