The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
This is a GREAT video to watch if you have the time... it's an hour long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mFdO1wB08]YouTube - The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon[/ame]

I don't have an hour nor do I care

Just remember this

The people who wrote the bible are the same people who thought the world was flat

Dont have an hour, dont care. And the entire premise is faulty because there is no conflict between the two books.

For the ignorant amongst you. The Bible and the Book of Mormon are not in conflict. One is an account of the Jews and then of Jesus in the Middle East, the other is the account of the people in the Americas and of Jesus visit there.

One is not believed over the other by Mormons, they are both works of God. they both are accounts of God's people.

True enough,
But I think I will actually watch the video and see what kind of bias and ignorance is chronicled.

I don't have an hour nor do I care

Just remember this

The people who wrote the bible are the same people who thought the world was flat

Yes......the people that wrote the Bible DID think the earth was flat, which explains why Copernicus and Galileo had such a hard time in the 1500's.

The people who kept the Torah however, knew better.

It makes one wonder if L. Ron Hubbard ever hoped to achieve what Jo Smith did.

For the ignorant amongst you. The Bible and the Book of Mormon are not in conflict. One is an account of the Jews and then of Jesus in the Middle East, the other is the account of the people in the Americas and of Jesus visit there.

One is not believed over the other by Mormons, they are both works of God. they both are accounts of God's people.
The Bible lists many people, places, and historical events. There is all kinds of evidence to support it and many locations and people still exist today.

The Book of Mormon has ZERO physical or historical evidence to back up any claims, people, cities, or physical evidence.

To sum it up: The Bible is Truth and the Book of Mormon is pure nonsense

The Bible lists many people, places, and historical events. There is all kinds of evidence to support it and many locations and people still exist today.

The Book of Mormon has ZERO physical or historical evidence to back up any claims, people, cities, or physical evidence.

uh....... that's false..........

Nahom- discovered
Bountiful- discovered
ancient mayan ruins- evidence
it's all here. I challenge you to refute just 1 of the evidences found on the website.

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility

Zero physical evidence? So Jerusalem doesnt exist? Nahom doesnt exist? Bountiful doesnt exist?

You may not consider it much but the fact that there is any physical evidence speaks volumes.

Nahom- discovered
Bountiful- discovered
it's all here. I challenge you to refute just 1 of the evidences found on the website.

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility
Not ONE professional archeologist or historian (non mormon) takes the Book of Moron as a serious or credible document.

What is the connection between Mormons and Mayans?

Well there is a connection with ancient Lamanites and modern day Mayans if you go to my thread on Did Ancient mayans believe in Christ? and Who taught ancient americans to write in heiroglyphs and build pyramids?

Nahom- discovered
Bountiful- discovered

Not ONE professional archeologist or historian (non mormon) takes the Book of Moron as a serious or credible document.

Sunni, you didn't read the page did you? There is plenty of non-mormon scholarship involved.

Men wiser than I have addressed the same arguments in the video, so I'm just going to direct you all to read "ONE NATION UNDER GODS." It chronicles the beginnings of mormon history, starting with Joseph Smith's family. Take a careful look at the origins of the founder, my friends

What is the connection between Mormons and Mayans?

Well there is a connection with ancient Lamanites and modern day Mayans if you go to my thread on Did Ancient mayans believe in Christ? and Who taught ancient americans to write in heiroglyphs and build pyramids?

Hmmmm...........always wondered what happened to those people........

You DO know that God is the one that took 'em out, right? Seems that they were eating people and having human sacrifices.

No wonder I don't like Moronism.

Forum List

Back