The Bible reveals that the Triune God is the one and only true God.

the most active persons on pro Christian threads are non believers..not sure why they feel the need to try and dispute something/someone they deny believing in. Seems like a waste of time and energy

There's your problem in the world.
In closed controlled societies you can't dare speak out against their prophet or religion thus can't correct the failed human behavior it brings nor bring up rational ideology or alternative and better perspectives. Therefore their failed behaviors and radicalism remain unchallenged or healed of their twisted thinking and logic. This is why even Christianity went through the same phase of evil radicalism until they no longer had that control of info or power of boycotting.
You are suggesting denying people the right to correct wrongs, lies, controling authorities.
You are denying the importance of the voice of rationalists in a world thats bizarre. Hence you live in a world of your own design, silencing the voice of sanity in an insane world.

Given the problems with the operation of the Forums I have experienced since I've been here, it's hard to keep up with all the comments..........but I really haven't seen that many pro Christian comments. Maybe they are on another thread? It has taken about 6 minutes to get this much typed. Sort of frustrating to say the least.

What you said was you haven't seen that many Christians posting here. You don't consider the OP in this thread to be pro Christian?

From reading the OP, sure, why not? Doesn't change the fact that I said "that many." I did not say I had not seen "any." Given the number of comments referencing mine, how many pro Christians do you see? In my experience, the most active persons on pro Christian threads are non believers.........not sure why they feel the need to try and dispute something/someone they deny believing in. Seems like a waste of time and energy to me...........but, they certainly have that right. Are you certain about that 90% number? How did you arrive at it? Just wondering. I would love to see 90% of the comments here be pro Christian. I will have to go through and read some more threads and see what I find.

Just an estimate based upon my own experience. When I see a post, such as the OP, announcing that something is proven I am often moved to point out that they are wrong. And if the author, as in the OP, feels ok with making their own statement of belief as if it is fact, then I see no reason not to respond in kind. This is not an attack, just following the standards established by the thread itself.

I personally tend to dispute the statements of Atheists far more than I do Christians. The funny thing is, I have yet to have a Christian suggest I am being unfair or attacking Atheists. Quite the opposite. This is an open discussion board. If one does not wish their posts to be openly discussed, they should not post them here.

that is quite true.....and I did not say they shouldn't, I said I'm not sure why they feel the need to.........if there was a thread discussing the joys of the atheist life.....why would I comment? Since I do not believe there are any real atheists, it would be a waste of my time and energy to discuss what I do not believe exists. Others can do as they wish, that is their right, never said anything different. Never saw any of your interactions with said atheists, so can't comment on that. Still, why would Christians feel led to defend them? Do you see atheists defending Christians? Now, if it's all about treating others with common courtesy and a modicum of respect, then, yes, all persons should stand up for this. Do you believe that this is the majority opinion here?

Citing the Bible as proof of that Yahweh is the one true god is a bit of a circular argument.

Just sayin'.

that is quite true.....and I did not say they shouldn't, I said I'm not sure why they feel the need to.........if there was a thread discussing the joys of the atheist life.....why would I comment? Since I do not believe there are any real atheists, it would be a waste of my time and energy to discuss what I do not believe exists. Others can do as they wish, that is their right, never said anything different. Never saw any of your interactions with said atheists, so can't comment on that. Still, why would Christians feel led to defend them? Do you see atheists defending Christians? Now, if it's all about treating others with common courtesy and a modicum of respect, then, yes, all persons should stand up for this. Do you believe that this is the majority opinion here?

I would say the majority opinion here comes down to "I'm right and your wrong", with some exceptions. I know that is often my opinion. As to why someone would choose to comment... because they want to. Why else would anyone comment here on anything?

I really don't think anyone has the obligation to defend anyone else. But if you are going to claim Christians are being attacked, then I would think you would be opposed to that behavior and point it out regardless of who might be the attacked or the attacker. If the behavior is unacceptable for one, it is unacceptable for all. As one man once paraphrased the teachings of Siddhartha, "Do unto to others as you would others do unto you."

Citing the Bible as proof of that Yahweh is the one true god is a bit of a circular argument.

Just sayin'.
It certainly is a circular argument but not unique to Christians. Every religion I can recall that has a "holy text" constructed around its gawds tends to use the holy text as default proof of its gawds.

QUOTE: I really don't think anyone has the obligation to defend anyone else. But if you are going to claim Christians are being attacked, then I would think you would be opposed to that behavior and point it out regardless of who might be the attacked or the attacker. If the behavior is unacceptable for one, it is unacceptable for all. As one man once paraphrased the teachings of Siddhartha, "Do unto to others as you would others do unto you."
END QUOTE................

I have already stated this 3 or 4 times now, so not sure why you feel you need to tell me. "Claim?" Christians being attacked? "Claim?" Clearly you have not been reading the various comments on this thread, or paying attention to National/World News. We are well beyond "claim." No matter what reality one exists in, However, such "attacks" really don't bother me, but they can harm others.

Just sayin'.
It certainly is a circular argument but not unique to Christians. Every religion I can recall that has a "holy text" constructed around its gawds tends to use the holy text as default proof of its gawds.

Again, as opposed to?
As I'm opposed to the use of a book to manufacture gawds. Books written by fallible humans alleging gawds say nothing about the veracity of the gawds. Be honest with yourself and ask why the bibles have been so heavily edited and revised, by the human authors.

The religions and the "holy texts" configured to buttress the partisan gawds invariably assert various human attributes of the gawds to include the anthropomorphic ones. Most gawds are given the attribute of "perfection" and then assigned various human emotions like love, jealousy, anger, vengeance, and so on. These human based attributes assumes some lack or need by the gawds. This immediately derails any claim that the gawds are in some way eternally perfect. I didn't invent the religion so it's not a paradox I am concerned with dealing with. I would suggest that the religion and gawd builders might consider making the case that because gawds cannot experience sin and such "human experience", they ( the gawds), needed to do it by proxy through mankind [though, why the gawds have a requirement to satisfy this need also fatally flaws that argument]

Just sayin'.

Again, as opposed to?
As I'm opposed to the use of a book to manufacture gawds. Books written by fallible humans alleging gawds say nothing about the veracity of the gawds. Be honest with yourself and ask why the bibles have been so heavily edited and revised, by the human authors.

The religions and the "holy texts" configured to buttress the partisan gawds invariably assert various human attributes of the gawds to include the anthropomorphic ones. Most gawds are given the attribute of "perfection" and then assigned various human emotions like love, jealousy, anger, vengeance, and so on. These human based attributes assumes some lack or need by the gawds. This immediately derails any claim that the gawds are in some way eternally perfect. I didn't invent the religion so it's not a paradox I am concerned with dealing with. I would suggest that the religion and gawd builders might consider making the case that because gawds cannot experience sin and such "human experience", they ( the gawds), needed to do it by proxy through mankind [though, why the gawds have a requirement to satisfy this need also fatally flaws that argument]

Your argument would be more convincing if you didn't use "gawds" in such a condescending manner.

Torah reveals God is the one and only God.

Bible proves God is in 3 parts.

Qur'an proves there's only one God.

Hindu texts prove there's millions of deities.

Scientology proves Xenu is the master of the universe.

"Twilight" proves day-walking vampies exist.

The "Harry Potter" books prove ogres, trolls, and unicorns exist.

See the problem? :)

Torah reveals God is the one and only God.

Bible proves God is in 3 parts.

Qur'an proves there's only one God.

Hindu texts prove there's millions of deities.

Scientology proves Xenu is the master of the universe.

"Twilight" proves day-walking vampies exist.

The "Harry Potter" books prove ogres, trolls, and unicorns exist.

See the problem? :)

I suppose that if Harry Potter books were taught to children as if they were literal historical records depicting actual events and then they were sent out into the real world where their magical powers do not work and ogres trolls and unicorns are nowhere to be found, the consequent, confusion, debilitating mental problems, and self aggrandizing generational social discord perpetuated by such insanity would require divine intervention to resolve, a miracle that would amount to the dead coming out of their graves...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back