The “Best Air Force” in the World Can't Hit Its Targets?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It makes me want to tear my hair out to read stuff like this. And, it isn't political. It's a case of being shamed that our men and women in uniform are hampered like this.

Vice Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Paul Selva admitted Wednesday that 40 percent of U.S. airstrikes fail to strike “dynamic targets” in the fight against the Islamic State (IS).

It depends on which day and which targets that we’re talking about, but roughly 40 percent come back every day not having struck dynamic targets, with weapons still aboard,” Selva said in a Senate testimony on U.S. strategy against IS.

Full story w/links @ Joint Chiefs Member says 40% of Airstrikes Fail to Hit ISIS Targets

I'm not sure this is necessarily a problem. Some have come back with their ordinance load after failing to strike at a dynamic target. If the target is not located through faulty intelligence or is surrounded by civilians they opt to not strike and return. The alternative would be to strike anything just to unload ordinance. I think I prefer them to be sure of a target before hitting it.

I'm not sure this is necessarily a problem. Some have come back with their ordinance load after failing to strike at a dynamic target. If the target is not located through faulty intelligence or is surrounded by civilians they opt to not strike and return. The alternative would be to strike anything just to unload ordinance. I think I prefer them to be sure of a target before hitting it.

I wouldn't be surprised if those assholes put civilians around targets as shields.

It makes me want to tear my hair out to read stuff like this. And, it isn't political. It's a case of being shamed that our men and women in uniform are hampered like this.

Vice Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Paul Selva admitted Wednesday that 40 percent of U.S. airstrikes fail to strike “dynamic targets” in the fight against the Islamic State (IS).

It depends on which day and which targets that we’re talking about, but roughly 40 percent come back every day not having struck dynamic targets, with weapons still aboard,” Selva said in a Senate testimony on U.S. strategy against IS.

Full story w/links @ Joint Chiefs Member says 40% of Airstrikes Fail to Hit ISIS Targets

Unfortunately- not really a 'full story'- this is an isolated quote.

How are our pilots being hampered? The 'story' doesn't say- nor does it say that they are being hampered.

Should they drop their ordinance even when they don't find the 'dynamic targets'?

I have searched around looking for a more comprehensive quote- and I can't find one- none of the actual news services have this quote at all.

Unfortunately- not really a 'full story'- this is an isolated quote.

How are our pilots being hampered? The 'story' doesn't say- nor does it say that they are being hampered.

Should they drop their ordinance even when they don't find the 'dynamic targets'?

I have searched around looking for a more comprehensive quote- and I can't find one- none of the actual news services have this quote at all.

Of course you didn't check the links or even the story

Forum List

Back