The benefits of video games

Heath Benefits Of Video Games - Business Insider

Big Question Can playing games make us smarter Discovery Channel

More Americans should be playing. But the key word is balance. Sitting for 8 hours is anything but healthy.

If your spelling is any solid indication (and yeah, I really think it is) then no, they cannot.
Actually, shart_attack that was the Business Insiders title.
But I think video games have no physical benefits. Remember the TV commercial currently airing?
"Hey Grandma, how about another grape soda!"

I love videogames, but I also love working out, hiking and climbing, competing in athletic events, making money, socializing with friends, going to parties, having sex, etc.

Videogames don't fuck up your life unless you get obsessed with them to the point of rarely ever doing anything else.

Honestly, I don't care what "benefits" there are to videogames. I know they can relieve stress, improve hand-eye coordination, strengthen your imagination, expose you to foreign culture, etc, but I just play them because I enjoy them.

I greatly respect a great videogame as an Art form, as it is an amazing medium of Art that allows the audience to engage and interact with it in ways that no other medium of Art can. I find them more interesting than movies, which I hardly ever watch. Sometimes games have got really enjoyable storylines, epic music, kick ass characters, exciting gameplay, etc.

People like Hossfly who ignorantly talk shit about videogames should take a ride down a slide of razor blades into a pool of Everclear and then have someone set them on fire while they drown in flames.

I love videogames, but I also love working out, hiking and climbing, competing in athletic events, making money, socializing with friends, going to parties, having sex, etc.

Videogames don't fuck up your life unless you get obsessed with them to the point of rarely ever doing anything else.

Honestly, I don't care what "benefits" there are to videogames. I know they can relieve stress, improve hand-eye coordination, strengthen your imagination, expose you to foreign culture, etc, but I just play them because I enjoy them.

I greatly respect a great videogame as an Art form, as it is an amazing medium of Art that allows the audience to engage and interact with it in ways that no other medium of Art can. I find them more interesting than movies, which I hardly ever watch. Sometimes games have got really enjoyable storylines, epic music, kick ass characters, exciting gameplay, etc.

People like Hossfly who ignorantly talk shit about videogames should take a ride down a slide of razor blades into a pool of Everclear and then have someone set them on fire while they drown in flames.
I'm talking not only of video games that many people play for hours and hours every day but also of the people who can't take a breath without a smart phone in their hands.I know a lot of kids that play video games every waking moment. However I couldn't give a damn less about peoples useless addictions.

Video games are just one of many methods to exercise your mind. Depending on the game they can help with hand-eye coordination, spacial reasoning, critical thinking and problem solving.

But again, alot of things can help with those things. Somehow I think that two hours of reading a book will offer far more intellectual benefit than two hours of gaming.

Forum List

Back