The Beatles...best band in the history of the world

I'm a huge Beatles fan. Love their movie posters and other artists depiction of them. That's weird Lennon said, "Shoot me" in Come Togther, but he did sing "he shoot Coca-Cola."

Last edited:
Lennon and McCartney may be the most influential collaborative song writers that have existed to this time... They did not leave any trash around when they worked together... Alone, not so much... The more successful they become, the less successful they were creatively... JMO

They had the biggest overall influence on the music industry so you could say they were the best band ever. In 50's and 60's America, rock n roll music was a 'passing fad', but after that appearance on the Ed Sullivan show it exploded - every neighborhood had 3 garage bands, guitar and other musical instrument sales skyrocketed.... the culture changed ( good and bad ). They set the stage for every successful rock band that followed them.

I was living in NYC when John Lennon was killed and millions of people flocked to the memorial all that week around Central Park - Beatles music everywhere - it was insane.

There are other groups that were better than the Beatles on certain songs, but nobody ever even came close to producing so many excellent songs..

There are other groups that were better than the Beatles on certain songs, but nobody ever even came close to producing so many excellent songs..
There was a metal club band called Reuben Kincaid ( yes - named after the Partridge Family mgr)...they played a lot of Ozzy, Dokken , Motley Crue and some originals. I thought they might pass the Betales someday but it never happened.

What impressed me was how their song writing kept getting better and more creative. The early years were pretty simplistic, still good but their later work was excellent and some of it downright amazing.

I used to think they were the best, and maybe they are. They had three great vocalists, and three great song writers. I think that is what set them apart from the vast majority of other bands. Plus they were very innovative in their style, and music.

Prior to the Beatles, guitar bands weren't that popular. Mostly surf bands, and maybe on the fringe some Blues. The popular "groups" were just singers like Neil Sedaka, Bobbie Vinton, Frankie Avalon, Fabian, Elvis, etc. When the Beatles came to the U.S. they were all essentially washed up. A new paradigm and sound was introduced. The guitar band, and backbeat ruled the music industry.

Watch the brand new music video for “Here Comes The Sun”. Experience the mesmerizing moving sunrise

Popular sure but most influential?

Pink Floyd to me influence more bands than the Beatles in my opinion.

As for music we sing to I still believe the Eagles became that band...

Just my two cents on it...

Popular sure but most influential?

Pink Floyd to me influence more bands than the Beatles in my opinion.

As for music we sing to I still believe the Eagles became that band...

Just my two cents on it...
Eagles had too many groupies to be a serious band, my friends!

If the Beatles weren't the best, they are in the top two or three.

They broke up in 1970. And they are still played on the radio. Still relevant.

How many albums still sell reasonably well 50 years after they were released?

Forum List

Back