The Bay Area boasts a $535 billion economy, making it the 19th largest economy in the

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Report: Bay Area economy rebounding better than rest of country | abc7news.com
:clap2:
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new economic report shows how well the Bay Area continues to recover from the recession.

The Bay Area boasts a $535 billion economy, making it the 19th largest economy in the world, according to the report, which is put out every two years by the Economic Institute of the Bay Area Council.

The cranes and towers that rise over Mission Bay in San Francisco are just one of the most obvious visuals of the powerful economic rebound the Bay Area is experiencing.

"We are, if nothing else, an innovation economy here in the Bay Area. You can see it in the tech sector," said Sean Randolph of the Bay Area Council Economic Institute.

The towers will soon house biotech labs and e-commerce companies, which are key components in this so-called "innovation economy."

The report lays out some strong stats for the region: Forty percent of all venture capital in the country is invested here, and 15 percent of the country's patents come from the Bay Area.

"We are the world's leading innovation economy and that's really what's helping to differentiate us now and drive growth here," said Randolph.
<more>

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new economic report shows how well the Bay Area continues to recover from the recession.

The Bay Area boasts a $535 billion economy, making it the 19th largest economy in the world, according to the report, which is put out every two years by the Economic Institute of the Bay Area Council.

The cranes and towers that rise over Mission Bay in San Francisco are just one of the most obvious visuals of the powerful economic rebound the Bay Area is experiencing.

"We are, if nothing else, an innovation economy here in the Bay Area. You can see it in the tech sector," said Sean Randolph of the Bay Area Council Economic Institute.

The towers will soon house biotech labs and e-commerce companies, which are key components in this so-called "innovation economy."

The report lays out some strong stats for the region: Forty percent of all venture capital in the country is invested here, and 15 percent of the country's patents come from the Bay Area.

"We are the world's leading innovation economy and that's really what's helping to differentiate us now and drive growth here," said Randolph.
<more>

Who says the liberals don't want to make money!!

<more>

But according to the report, companies have not added many people to their payrolls. In fact there are about the same number of jobs in the Bay Area now as there were in 1996.
"Bay Area" is Silicon Valley. That is the only bright spot on California's otherwise crappy economy. The idiots in Sacramento have not managed to kill off that golden goose just yet. But they are trying very hard.
Tech industry climbs out of Silicon Valley, moves abroad ? The Register

<more>

But according to the report, companies have not added many people to their payrolls. In fact there are about the same number of jobs in the Bay Area now as there were in 1996.
"Bay Area" is Silicon Valley. That is the only bright spot on California's otherwise crappy economy. The idiots in Sacramento have not managed to kill off that golden goose just yet. But they are trying very hard.

1996 was the beginning of another economic boom btw but whatever..... You can try to discount the economic growth that's been going on here all you want... The fact is, the economy is improving whether you want to admit it or not.

The economy is improving. Big whoop. At this stage in the cycle Reagan was creating 1M jobs a month. To cherry pick the most dynamic sector of the economy and then pretend it represents the whole is a dishonest Democrat move. But I repeat myself.

The economy is improving. Big whoop. At this stage in the cycle Reagan was creating 1M jobs a month. To cherry pick the most dynamic sector of the economy and then pretend it represents the whole is a dishonest Democrat move. But I repeat myself.
The article said nothing about the economy outside the Bay Area. You didn't read it did you?

California's contributes about 9% to the Gross domestic product.

Sadly the real estate crash hit worst in the states that formerly contibuted most to this nation's economic activity.

As a result those states governments are in deep doo-doo budget wise.

We are 31 months past the end of the recession.

31 months from the end of the 81-82 recession the economy was creating a million jobs a month?

Indeed. :lol::lol::lol:

Sadly the real estate crash hit worst in the states that formerly contibuted most to this nation's economic activity.

No.
CA is in deep doo doo because they embraced the liberal dream of high regulation, high taxation and high social benefits.

<more>

Your posts always amaze me, are you a liar, or are you ignorant (as you know, I believe both, but I digress)? Mission Bay is in San Francisco, moron. Not in Silicon Valley.

31 months from the end of the 81-82 recession the economy was creating a million jobs a month?

Sucks to be you.
The best 12 months in the post-war period were September 1983 to August 1984 when 4.9 million jobs were added.
Payroll Job Creation in the U.S.

<more>

Your posts always amaze me, are you a liar, or are you ignorant (as you know, I believe both, but I digress)? Mission Bay is in San Francisco, moron. Not in Silicon Valley.

You are an idiot and a half. Neg repped for stupidity.

You are an idiot and a half. Neg repped for stupidity.

You wrote, and I quote, ""Bay Area" is Silicon Valley. That is the only bright spot on California's otherwise crappy economy". As I said, and stand by, you're both a liar and ignorant as hell.

But I suppose those are characteristic of those who live in red states and get welfare from other more progressive states thanks to FDR. Now, enjoy posting on a computer energized by my income tax dollars Mr. Welfare King.

Sucks to be you.
The best 12 months in the post-war period were September 1983 to August 1984 when 4.9 million jobs were added.

Since when does 5 million jobs created in a 12 month period come out to a million jobs a month?

Since when does 10 months into an expansion equal 31 months into an expansion?

Reagan created the jobs? I thought government couldn't create jobs?

And your bonus question is...

...how many manufacturing jobs were still here instead of overseas in places like China, when Reagan was president? as opposed to now?

Go!!!

Last edited:

Sucks to be you.

Since when does 5 million jobs created in a 12 month period come out to a million jobs a month?

Since when does 10 months into an expansion equal 31 months into an expansion?

Reagan created the jobs? I thought government couldn't create jobs?

And your bonus question is...

...how many manufacturing jobs were still here instead of overseas in places like China, when Reagan was president? as opposed to now?

Go!!!

So how has Obama's job creation record stacked up to this? 200,000 jobs a month vs 400k? Can you say "One and done"?

No.
CA is in deep doo doo because they embraced the liberal dream of high regulation, high taxation and high social benefits.

Well...you got it about half right.

Forum List

Back