The Battle of Athens, where tyranny voting rights and the second amendment clash

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Imagine a place in America where the county officials were tyrants and returning vets stood up against their tyranny. Yes their was such a place McMinn County near Chattanooga and Knoxville Tennessee. Time 2 AUGUST 1946. Why we need the second amendment.

The Battle of Athens

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdXfUAkMUI]Best Second Amendment Video Goes Viral (OneDollarDVDProject.com) - YouTube[/ame]

battle-of-athens-tn-sign-430.jpg

Last edited:
THE LESSONS OF ATHENS
Those who took up arms in Athens, Tennessee, wanted honest elections, a cornerstone of our constitutional order. They had repeatedly tried to get federal or state election monitors and had used armed force so as to minimize harm to the law-breakers, showing little malice to the defeated law-breakers. They restored lawful government.
The Battle of Athens clearly shows how Americans can and should lawfully use armed force and also shows why the rule of law requires unrestricted access to firearms and how civilians with military-type firearms can beat the forces of government gone bad.
Dictators believe that public order is more important than the rule of law. However, Americans reject this idea. Brutal political repression is lethal to many. An individual criminal can harm a handful of people. Governments alone can brutalize thousands, or millions.
Law-abiding McMinn County residents won the Battle of Athens because they were not hamstrung by "gun control " They showed us when citizens can and should use armed force to support the rule of law.

Very appropriate as dems continue to fuck over our troops by not giving them ballots yet find the time to make sure Mickey mouse votes

This thread reeks of douche-baggery, and I forgot my gas mask.

Republicans are fond of secretive locked room vote counts, do you think we should take up arms against them?

Republicans are fond of secretive locked room vote counts, do you think we should take up arms against them?

I recall a time between 2009 and 2011 democrats did that too republicans.
But Back to the op Good thing we have the second amendment and used it properly.

But Back to the op Good thing we have the second amendment and used it properly.

You want to recall it clearly enough to give an example? I know you envision sneaky democrats doing this but in the south in the last twenty years it has been pretty regular for republicans to recount votes in the dead of night and overturning the results, do you think democrats who are gun owners should do this to protect their votes from being thrown in the trash?

You want to recall it clearly enough to give an example? I know you envision sneaky democrats doing this but in the south in the last twenty years it has been pretty regular for republicans to recount votes in the dead of night and overturning the results, do you think democrats who are gun owners should do this to protect their votes from being thrown in the trash?

Sure

Dems Lock Out Republicans — Literally - ABC News

Sure

Not really applicable to the example, but you really should answer the question, What should we do today, 2012, that has a bearing in this incident? In 2002 republican officials went into a locked room in Baldwin county Alabama and "found" 6000 votes to put their man into office as governor, no recount was ever allowed. Should the democrats of Alabama have started shooting?

Sure

Not really applicable to the example, but you really should answer the question, What should we do today, 2012, that has a bearing in this incident? In 2002 republican officials went into a locked room in Baldwin county Alabama and "found" 6000 votes to put their man into office as governor, no recount was ever allowed. Should the democrats of Alabama have started shooting?

If they felt they were wrong and did not get the justice they felt they deserved sure. That's what the second amendment is for to stop tyranny. But it was just speculation and liberal press New York Times pushing the basis agenda. Unlike the true tyranny of what took place in Tenn.
Face it the patriots won

"BigReb", you are one of those whackos that people rally against the right to bear arms for. You are too unstable to own a gun.

If they felt they were wrong and did not get the justice they felt they deserved sure. That's what the second amendment is for to stop tyranny. But it was just speculation and liberal press New York Times pushing the basis agenda. Unlike the true tyranny of what took place in Tenn.
Face it the patriots won

They won I suppose, but what did they win? Smalltown America is still rife with local tyrannies such as that, do we start shooting or do we seek a more civilized way of dealing with things? I am asking you how that incident relates to how we should conduct ourselves today? I have already drawn my conclusion that it is a reckless and brutal way to do things but I really want to hear what you think America 2012 should do if the local or state election seems to be fixed and there is no recourse?

Forum List

Back