The Battle Against the A.P.A. Resolution

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not that the normalization stops them from seeking minors so much as it is the normalization improves the quality of the sample pool.

How so?

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not that the normalization stops them from seeking minors so much as it is the normalization improves the quality of the sample pool.

From the movie, "Spinal Tap":

Marty DeBergi: "Do you think the band's popularity is waning"?

Ian: " No - I think our appeal is just becoming more selective".

He's saying he thinks there a stronger correlation between income level and pedophelia than between sexual preference and pedophilia. I'd like to see something more than clay's hunch to back up this horrible accusation. See how far he is willing to go to defend gays at any cost? It's Politically Correct Man, in action.

rtwngAvngr said:
Being gay was heavily stigmatized 20 years ago, so those willing to be openly gay are going to be the kinds of people who want to shock you, who want to rebel, who want to throw it in your face, who have no regard for what you or anyone else thinks. The socially deviant, if you will. Over time, as homosexuality has been accepted more in this country, the level of normality associated to it increases. Normal, or more normal if you prefer, people who before may have surpressed their homosexuality no longer feel the need to. My contention is that, if the pool of homosexuals 20 years ago was pedophile-heavy, it might not have been an actual representation of homosexuals, just those openly homosexual. Of course, I have no studies, no facts, just my opinion. But I would expect as the number of closet gays decreases, so too would the percentage of pedophiles.

The ClayTaurus said:
No, I'm not blaming society. Jesus. I wasn't stating acceptance and inclusion as a personal opinion, but as a fact. Homosexuality is more accepted today than it was 20 years ago, whether you like it or not. That doesn't make it any more right or wrong - just accepted.

But, when you offer increased acceptance and inclusion as an explanation for your imagined improved numbers, you ARE blaming society. You are saying that non-acceptance and exclusion were contributing factors to child molestation by homosexuals. You're saying it's society's fault; you can't escape that.

rtwngAvngr said:
He's saying he thinks there a stronger correlation between income level and pedophelia than between sexual preference and pedophilia. I'd like to see something more than clay's hunch to back up this horrible accusation. See how far he is willing to go to defend gays at any cost? It's Politically Correct Man, in action.
Income level?

The ClayTaurus said:
Being gay was heavily stigmatized 20 years ago, so those willing to be openly gay are going to be the kinds of people who want to shock you, who want to rebel, who want to throw it in your face, who have no regard for what you or anyone else thinks. The socially deviant, if you will. Over time, as homosexuality has been accepted more in this country, the level of normality associated to it increases. Normal, or more normal if you prefer, people who before may have surpressed their homosexuality no longer feel the need to. My contention is that, if the pool of homosexuals 20 years ago was pedophile-heavy, it might not have been an actual representation of homosexuals, just those openly homosexual. Of course, I have no studies, no facts, just my opinion. But I would expect as the number of closet gays decreases, so too would the percentage of pedophiles.

Did you have sex with children during your rebellious phase?

musicman said:
But, when you offer increased acceptance and inclusion as an explanation for your imagined improved numbers, you ARE blaming society. You are saying that non-acceptance and exclusion were contributing factors to child molestation by homosexuals. You're saying it's society's fault; you can't escape that.
Wow. So now you're telling me who or what I'm blaming? Pedophiles are to blame for pedophilia. No one else. That's about as clear as I can make it.

The ClayTaurus said:
Wow. So now you're telling me who or what I'm blaming? Pedophiles are to blame for pedophilia. No one else. That's about as clear as I can make it.

Do you think pedophilia is an accurate predictor for pedophilia? That's really going out on a limb there, jerky. :rotflmao:

The ClayTaurus said:

Yet you opine that increased societal acceptance of homosexuality has perhaps had some positive effect on the homosexual/pedophile situation. In other words, if society hadn't been so hung-up to begin with, many of these molestations might not have occurred. It's simple logic, Clay. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

musicman said:
The study I cite is - and it has never been refuted. Rest assured, this is not for lack of trying; these findings are damning to the cause of homosexual legitimization. If they could have been knocked down in any meaningful way, it would have been done, and relentlessly publicized by now. But they stand.

This isn't true either. PR quoted a study earlier that places the percentage of victims molested by a homosexual pedophile at 8.5%....not even within resonable proximity to the 20-40% your study claims. How do you explain that?

MissileMan said:
This isn't true either. PR quoted a study earlier that places the percentage of victims molested by a homosexual pedophile at 8.5%....not even within resonable proximity to the 20-40% your study claims. How do you explain that?

Why don't you take that up with PR? I've not really studied the link he cites; I've got a full-time job defending what I post. And, I do so with confidence. Dr. Cameron has been vilified, demonized, and ostracized; he - like anyone else who gives voice to inconvenient truths - has borne the brunt of liberalism's favorite weapon: the politics of personal destruction. Yet, his facts stand - to the fury of homosexual apologists the world over.

musicman said:
No, it doesn't. It can't fly - weighted down, as it is - with sheer numbers.

You ought to consider a career in creative accounting.

And you sir should consider a career in fertilizer.

Answer this very simple question if you may. If 1% of homosexuals are pedophiles and 1% of heterosexuals are pedophiles, out of a group of 100 homosexuals and a group of 100 heterosexuals, what is the probability within each group of there being a pedophile?

musicman said:
Why don't you take that up with PR? I've not really studied the link he cites; I've got a full-time job defending what I post. And, I do so with confidence. Dr. Cameron has been vilified, demonized, and ostracized; he - like anyone else who gives voice to inconvenient truths - has borne the brunt of liberalism's favorite weapon: the politics of personal destruction. Yet, his facts stand - to the fury of homosexual apologists the world over.

Your the one claiming your information is "undisputed". Another study is in fact in conflict with yours. You can read it for yourself right here.

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/pedophilia.htm

What makes Dr. Cameron's studies more reliable than any others except that his conclusions more closely mirror your perception of the truth?

Forum List

Back