The Battle Against the A.P.A. Resolution

MissileMan said:
Why is the question of percentage of pedophiles among homosexuals versus percentage among heterosexuals one that you won't even entertain? You throw out your statement to insinuate that homosexuals are more prone to pedophilia.

Homosexuality and Pedophilia?

On the one hand, we must be careful not to paint homosexuals and pedophiles with the same brush. Indeed, in March 1999 Philadelphia’s most well-known gay bookstore, under pressure from a local talk-show host and numerous others, disbanded the store’s ‘transgenerational section’ and removed the bulletin of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) from its shelves.

The sad reality, however, is that within the homosexual community, pedophilia is a greater problem than in the heterosexual community. While in absolute numbers heterosexuals (almost always male) commit more acts of pedophilia, the ratios point to a statistically greater proportion of pedophilia among homosexual males. Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, in his landmark book Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth, reveals, "...heterosexual males outnumber homosexual males by approximately thirty-six to one. Heterosexual child molestation cases outnumber homosexual cases by only eleven to one, implying that pedophilia is three times more common among homosexuals." There is even a term used within the gay community for someone who is a pedophile. The person is referred to as a Chicken Hawk. This denotes someone who goes after "fresh meat" -- a term referring to a young prospective "partner."

It is understandable that the homosexual community is struggling to deal with this problem. The majority of homosexuals claim to be opposed to pedophilia, yet the very tactics used to normalize homosexuality have set the stage to normalize pedophilia. If it does not bother the pedophile or his victim, then it is acceptable behavior. There is an open push by many pedophiles to make a distinction between coerced and non-coerced "intergenerational relationships." NAMBLA officially states that "we support the rights of all people to engage in consensual relations, and we oppose laws which destroy loving relationships merely on the basis of the age of the participants."

Thinking biblically, sexual sin is sexual sin. Sexual predators can look a lot different on the outside, but share the same dark heart. Whether it is same-sex inappropriate intimacy (homosexual thoughts and behavior) or age-inappropriate intimacy or both, is not so much the issue. Our fig leaves come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but the fall of Adam (Gen. 3) means there is something wrong with everything-- including and perhaps especially our sexual identities and desires. And we all try to cope sexually with our guilt and shame in very broken, foolish, inadequate ways.

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/pedophilia.htm

ped.jpg
ped-2.jpg

Now lets see your proof to dispute what I have posted MM. Not just your "opinion".

MissileMan said:
Why is the question of percentage of pedophiles among homosexuals versus percentage among heterosexuals one that you won't even entertain?

Because it is largely immaterial, in the context of the wild disparity in numbers we're discussing here.

MissileMan said:
You throw out your statement to insinuate that homosexuals are more prone to pedophilia.

Insinuating, hell - I'm saying it's as plain as the nose on your face!

MissileMan said:
Wouldn't you agree that a comparison of percentages among the respective populations would better reflect the truth?

IN THE CONTEXT OF THE WILD DISPARITY IN NUMBERS WE'RE DISCUSSING HERE?

MissileMan said:
It's statistics from YOUR sources that claim that a homosexual pedophile will have 7 times the number of victims as a heterosexual pedophile.

If memory serves, those were your sources, MM. Besides, that's "a question I won't entertain" - remember?

MissileMan said:
I can think of several logical reasons that this might be the case. The reason that makes the most sense is that they get away with it longer. It makes sense that they would get away with it longer because young male victims would be reluctant to report the abuse out of shame and embarassment and fear of being labeled a homosexual.

IN THE CONTEXT OF THE WILD DISPARITY IN NUMBERS WE'RE DISCUSSING HERE? Come on, man - we're talking about a tiny minority of the population committing a third of the crimes! How staunchly, determinedly blind are you going to be?

MissileMan said:
...people have made up this bullshit that homosexuals are after the children.

A scientific study conducted twenty years ago, and never refuted - despite the gargantuan efforts of homosexual apologists the world over - proved that, while homosexuals comprise only 1-3% of the population, they are responsible for 20-40% of all child molestations. This is not made-up and it's not bullshit. I don't know why you've got such a blind spot on this, but everyday people with no ax to grind are going to draw the only sane conclusion they can from these numbers. The notion that homosexuality is merely an orientation - no better or worse than any other - is a lie. It is a dangerous, deviant lifestyle that society will legitimize at its peril.

Pale Rider said:
Homosexuality and Pedophilia?

On the one hand, we must be careful not to paint homosexuals and pedophiles with the same brush. Indeed, in March 1999 Philadelphia’s most well-known gay bookstore, under pressure from a local talk-show host and numerous others, disbanded the store’s ‘transgenerational section’ and removed the bulletin of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) from its shelves.

The sad reality, however, is that within the homosexual community, pedophilia is a greater problem than in the heterosexual community. While in absolute numbers heterosexuals (almost always male) commit more acts of pedophilia, the ratios point to a statistically greater proportion of pedophilia among homosexual males. Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, in his landmark book Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth, reveals, "...heterosexual males outnumber homosexual males by approximately thirty-six to one. Heterosexual child molestation cases outnumber homosexual cases by only eleven to one, implying that pedophilia is three times more common among homosexuals." There is even a term used within the gay community for someone who is a pedophile. The person is referred to as a Chicken Hawk. This denotes someone who goes after "fresh meat" -- a term referring to a young prospective "partner."

It is understandable that the homosexual community is struggling to deal with this problem. The majority of homosexuals claim to be opposed to pedophilia, yet the very tactics used to normalize homosexuality have set the stage to normalize pedophilia. If it does not bother the pedophile or his victim, then it is acceptable behavior. There is an open push by many pedophiles to make a distinction between coerced and non-coerced "intergenerational relationships." NAMBLA officially states that "we support the rights of all people to engage in consensual relations, and we oppose laws which destroy loving relationships merely on the basis of the age of the participants."

Thinking biblically, sexual sin is sexual sin. Sexual predators can look a lot different on the outside, but share the same dark heart. Whether it is same-sex inappropriate intimacy (homosexual thoughts and behavior) or age-inappropriate intimacy or both, is not so much the issue. Our fig leaves come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but the fall of Adam (Gen. 3) means there is something wrong with everything-- including and perhaps especially our sexual identities and desires. And we all try to cope sexually with our guilt and shame in very broken, foolish, inadequate ways.

http://www.harvestusa.org/articles/pedophilia.htm

These numbers are drastically different than the ones previously posted...any idea which ones are right? For instance, 11 to 1 is only 8.5%, not the 20-40% alleged. Also, the implication that pedophilia is 3 times more common among homosexuals would be true if the number of victims per offender were the same. Musicman's sources allege 7 times as many victims per homosexual pedophile.

musicman said:
Because it is largely immaterial, in the context of the wild disparity in numbers we're discussing here.

So if the facts bear out that 1% of homosexuals and 1% of heterosexuals are pedophiles, you think that's immaterial? In your opinion, that would still make pedophilia a homosexual problem? If that's truly your position, you are lost.

musicman said:
If memory serves, those were your sources, MM. Besides, that's "a question I won't entertain" - remember?

The same source you quote for the 20-40 % also lists the statistic of 7 times the number of victims. You act like I'm making this shit up. I'm pointing out that the conclusions that you are reaching doesn't jive with the numbers you are posting.

MissileMan said:
The same source you quote for the 20-40 % also lists the statistic of 7 times the number of victims. You act like I'm making this shit up. I'm pointing out that the conclusions that you are reaching doesn't jive with the numbers you are posting.

"Study after nationwide study has yielded estimates of male homosexuality that range between 1% and 3%. The proportion of lesbians in these studies is almost always lower, usually about half that of gays. So, overall, perhaps 2% of adults regularly indulge in homosexuality. Yet they account for between 20% to 40% of all molestations of children...

If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. Not every homosexual is a child molester. But enough gays do molest children so that the risk of a homosexual molesting a child is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a heterosexual."

http://www.familyresearchinst.org/Default.aspx?tabid=71

This is the study I'm referencing, and - if memory serves - this is the link I typically cite. I seem to recall that it's always been you who sets great store by the perpetrator/victim ratio, and - in fact - you who brought the topic into the fray some months ago. Perhaps something along those lines came up in some other link I cited, somewhere along the line. But, I doubt I've ever advanced it as part of my principal point. As I've stated before, I don't consider it terribly relevant - not in the context of the wild disparity in numbers we're discussing here.

MissileMan said:
So if the facts bear out that 1% of homosexuals and 1% of heterosexuals are pedophiles, you think that's immaterial? In your opinion, that would still make pedophilia a homosexual problem? If that's truly your position, you are lost.

Think about what you're saying for a minute. If all the other numbers stay the same, and 1% of 1-3% of the population is committing 20-40% of all child molestations - this suggests to me something SERIOUSLY DISTURBING about homosexuality. If you can't - or won't - see that, I don't know what to tell you.

musicman said:
Think about what you're saying for a minute. If all the other numbers stay the same, and 1% of 1-3% of the population is committing 20-40% of all child molestations - this suggests to me something SERIOUSLY DISTURBING about homosexuality. If you can't - or won't - see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Musicman... I don't know what to tell you brother. Either missleman has a mental block, or he's playing dumb just for sake of an arguement, or he's truely incapable of understanding SIMPLE math!

Either way, This dude isn't ever going to get it, for one reason or another. And even if he does, he'll NEVER admit it. He's pro homo, and he'll argue for that until pigs fly, even in the face of truth and facts. Typical liberal.

musicman said:
As I've stated before, I don't consider it terribly relevant - not in the context of the wild disparity in numbers we're discussing here.

Of course you don't find it relevant! If you take that factor into consideration, your theory flies right out the window. If 99% of homosexuals want nothing to do with kids, just like heterosexuals, then homosexuals are no more apt to molest children than heterosexuals, despite the difference in the number of victims.

MissileMan said:
Of course you don't find it relevant! If you take that factor into consideration, your theory flies right out the window.

No, it doesn't. It can't fly - weighted down, as it is - with sheer numbers.

MissileMan said:
If 99% of homosexuals want nothing to do with kids, just like heterosexuals, then homosexuals are no more apt to molest children than heterosexuals, despite the difference in the number of victims.

You ought to consider a career in creative accounting.

The ClayTaurus said:
Can someone tell me what the most recent study's date is? Are they all 15-20 years old?

The study I cite is - and it has never been refuted. Rest assured, this is not for lack of trying; these findings are damning to the cause of homosexual legitimization. If they could have been knocked down in any meaningful way, it would have been done, and relentlessly publicized by now. But they stand.

musicman said:
The study I cite is - and it has never been refuted. Rest assured, this is not for lack of trying; these findings are damning to the cause of homosexual legitimization. If they could have been knocked down in any meaningful way, it would have been done, and relentlessly publicized by now. But they stand.
I was curious more as to whether the trends are the same today?

The ClayTaurus said:
I was curious more as to whether the trends are the same today?

My personal feeling is that - if it's bad news for the civility, stability, and restraint of society, that's probably the direction of the trend. I'd sure like to be wrong - but I doubt I am.

musicman said:
My personal feeling is that - if it's bad news for the civility, stability, and restraint of society, that's probably the direction of the trend. I'd sure like to be wrong - but I doubt I am.
Why do you think there haven't been any recent studies? You would think there would be tons of them, what with it being so hot button and all...

The ClayTaurus said:
Why do you think there haven't been any recent studies? You would think there would be tons of them, what with it being so hot button and all...

I think it might be more accurate to say, "there have been no recent studies PUBLICIZED". Call me a cynic...

musicman said:
I think it might be more accurate to say, "there have been no recent studies PUBLICIZED". Call me a cynic...
I actually think you are being a bit cynical... if there were conclusive studies done recently that showed the trend remained constant or had gotten worse, I know for a fact it'd find it's way at least to the likes of people in this country so desperate for validation on this issue. Besides, it's not like you ever hear about this 20 year old study in the MSM anyways. You'd find out about a recent study the same way you found out about the 20 year old one, I would think. No?

The ClayTaurus said:
I actually think you are being a bit cynical... if there were conclusive studies done recently that showed the trend remained constant or had gotten worse, I know for a fact it'd find it's way at least to the likes of people in this country so desperate for validation on this issue. Besides, it's not like you ever hear about this 20 year old study in the MSM anyways. You'd find out about a recent study the same way you found out about the 20 year old one, I would think. No?

No - not really. It is the left in general, and homosexual apologists in particular, who seek so vigorously to politicize every aspect of life - including science. Witness the APA's current troubles; it's "screw the patient - the agenda comes first". Loaded, preposterous "scientific" studies - designed to arrive at the predetermined conclusion that homosexuality should be legitimized - continue apace, only to be knocked down when the convenient little lie is exposed (ever hear of the LeVar study? A case in point). Never forget that it is the LEFT who run things at the MSM; the only scientific findings you'll hear about from that gang of maggots will be "left-friendly" ones.

Forum List

Back