The Avengers

Let's see... so far:

• The Hulk has been played by Eric Bana, Edward Norton, and now Mark Ruffalo.
  • Captain America is played by Chris Evans. That is, when he's not playing Johnny Storm/The Human Torch.
  • The Punisher is played by Dolph Lundgren....wait, scratch that: Thomas Jane.
  • The Amazing Spider-Man is played by Tobey Maguire. Or is it Andrew Garfield?
  • William Stryker is definitely played by the fantastic Brian Cox. Until he is played by Danny Huston.
  • Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat is played by Katie Stuart. But in the next movie is played by Ellen Page.
  • Deadpool is played by Ryan Reynolds, when he isn't playing Green Lantern.
And, of course, Batman gets the gold medal: Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and now Christian Bale - but at least that stretches over 20 years.

Adam West was better than all of the aforementioned Batmans.

Let's see... so far:

• Captain America is played by Chris Evans. That is, when he's not playing Johnny Storm/The Human Torch.
  • William Stryker is definitely played by the fantastic Brian Cox. Until he is played by Danny Huston.
  • Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat is played by Katie Stuart. But in the next movie is played by Ellen Page.
And, of course, Batman gets the gold medal: Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and now Christian Bale - but at least that stretches over 20 years.

Adam West was better than all of the aforementioned Batmans.

well he had a bigger gut....that much is certain.....

Anybody else living for May 4th?

I have 3 under 6 they love the cartoon! My son saw the trailer and he said, "Dad we are going to that." I replied, "If you can talk your mother into letting me take you, we can go opening day!"

Attadad!! I hope she says yes, it looks awesome!

On the other hand, are their attention spans long enough to make it through? Or would it just be the one who wants to see the movie.

She saw the trailer and said no way!

Let's see... so far:

Oh, I don't care! It's the movie, it's the characters. Not the actors.

All the characters in the Avengers are the same from the movies, except the Hulk. Norton was great as the Hulk (by far the best preview of the Avengers). Norton was excited to do it, yet they decided to go another route! Doesn't make sense. Norton would have been the best actor of the bunch!

No ‘Avengers’ For Ed Norton: Marvel Confirms Actor Won’t Return As Hulk
On Friday, Hitfix reported that Norton and Whedon had met about "The Avengers" movie and both seemed to be excited about the prospect of working together. Norton reportedly even went so-far as to clear his film schedule for "The Avengers" before he was informed that Marvel intended to recast his role.

Earlier today, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige released a statement to Hitfix, confirming the earlier report.

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers," wrote Feige. "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Let's see... so far:

All the characters in the Avengers are the same from the movies, except the Hulk. Norton was great as the Hulk (by far the best preview of the Avengers). Norton was excited to do it, yet they decided to go another route! Doesn't make sense. Norton would have been the best actor of the bunch!

On Friday, Hitfix reported that Norton and Whedon had met about "The Avengers" movie and both seemed to be excited about the prospect of working together. Norton reportedly even went so-far as to clear his film schedule for "The Avengers" before he was informed that Marvel intended to recast his role.

Earlier today, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige released a statement to Hitfix, confirming the earlier report.

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers," wrote Feige. "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."
What a slam! Unwarranted, also. I have never heard any reports of Edward Norton ever being difficult to work with. And you're right – he is the best actor of the bunch.

Dianna Rigg in her prime on the TV show also called "The Avengers" was a reason to watch tv.

images

diana-rigg-emma-peel-002.jpg

tumblr_l0z8q88feF1qa0wj4o1_500.jpg

Let's see... so far:

I love Ed!

Dianna Rigg in her prime on the TV show also called "The Avengers" was a reason to watch tv.

images

She had dialog, did you know? Yeah! I have read it in books.

/nod

I used to enjoy her banter with Sneed. Her character was like the MODEL of feminism. Brains beyond belief. Hawt. Self assured. Excellent fighting creds.

But I was young.

And so mainly, she was hawt.

images

She had dialog, did you know? Yeah! I have read it in books.

/nod

I used to enjoy her banter with Sneed. Her character was like the MODEL of feminism. Brains beyond belief. Hawt. Self assured. Excellent fighting creds.

But I was young.

And so mainly, she was hawt.

Yeah - Mrs Peel was HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helped bring me out of my puberty..........................

I doubt they could get all the actors to find the time for another Firefly movie. Nathan Fillion, at the least, is busy with Castle. If the others also have obligations (and Summer Glau seems to have little trouble finding work in tv) conflicting schedules could make it impossible.

Even with the Avengers success, getting backing for such a movie could be hard, too.

Forum List

Back