The Approaching Death of Free Speech?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Ben Carson: The IRS is even targeting my family and friends because I’ve criticized Obama

Right Wing News by John Hawkins

How long is is this going to go on before Republicans in Congress start treating it with the seriousness that it deserves? On Monday, Dr. Benjamin Carson, the former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, said he and his family were targeted by the IRS in retribution for comments critical of Barack Obama, Newsmax reported. According to Carson, audits and other harassment began in May or June of 2013, just a few months after his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. Gradually, he added, the harassment expanded to include family .

Read full article @ Ben Carson: The IRS is even targeting my family and friends because I?ve criticized Obama | Right Wing News

Okay, it's from a right-wing site. But, what can you liberals provide to refute the claim? Without resorting to vitriol or name-calling? And, is Carson the only one facing this?

:evil:

Luckily all the freedom-loving Confederate Wal-Mart-shopping Republican Conservatives out there have all of those hundreds of millions of guns to defend their First Amendment rights and fight the police state.

Yeah, right.

Luckily all the freedom-loving Confederate Wal-Mart-shopping Republican Conservatives out there have all of those hundreds of millions of guns to defend their First Amendment rights and fight the police state.

Yeah, right.

So where did you copy and paste THAT standard progressive twat spin?

Yeah, right.

Do you ever post on topic or make sense?

The First Amendment is going away, right? Pretty soon Obama is going to round up everyone and put them into Sharia FEMA camps, right? All of your rights are at risk from the evil government, right?

This is the situation that the 2nd Amendment was written for, so why are all of you pussies sitting on your computers whining about your rights being taken away when you have the firepower to protect your rights?

Maybe you're all just pussies who happen to own guns?

The First Amendment is going away, right? Pretty soon Obama is going to round up everyone and put them into Sharia FEMA camps, right? All of your rights are at risk from the evil government, right?

This is the situation that the 2nd Amendment was written for, so why are all of you pussies sitting on your computers whining about your rights being taken away when you have the firepower to protect your rights?

Maybe you're all just pussies who happen to own guns?

ls72gokd0y-t.jpg

Looks like someone is upset for being confronted with the truth.

You have confidence issues.

Looks like someone is upset for being confronted with the truth.

You have confidence issues.

No I just like fucking with no talent poster hacks such as yourself.

So seriously, who's sock are you?

Between 2005 and 2007 small businesses in America saw an audit increase of 41 percent while companies with more than $10 million were audited 29 percent less often, according to a study from the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University. Triggers for small business audits include being a sole proprietor, claiming entertainment deductions and itemizing your business vehicle expenses. Knowing what catches the eye of the Internal Revenue Service can help you avoid an audit.

Why Do Companies Get Audited? | Chron.com

6 Ways to Get Audited by the IRS

Who knew that having a vindictive ex or rounding-off figures on a tax return could get you audited by the Internal Revenue Service?

As you recover from tax time, be aware that there are some little — and not so little — details that could make the IRS decide to pay you a visit.

Here are six “red flags” that could prompt Uncle Sam to audit you or your small business.

1. You earned more than $200,000. According to the IRS, it audits fewer than 1 percent of individual taxpayers with annual incomes under $200,000. That number triples for individual taxpayers with annual incomes of more than $200,000. If you make more than $1 million a year, your chance of being audited increases to 12.1 percent.

2. You failed to report all of your taxable income. There will always be a few people who try to beat the audit lottery. However, the IRS scrutinizes cash-based businesses (such as restaurants and retail services) and the self-employed (such as lawyers and independent contractors). Although it’s possible to get away with not reporting tips and other cash earnings, there’s also a chance of being caught. The IRS looks over all filings, including those from vendors and employees, and sees if they match up to what you have reported, according to New York Daily News.

3. You filed a Schedule C. The IRS always looks over the Schedule C filings of small businesses, especially if your gross income is $100,000 or more, says David Wolfson, a certified public accountant and partner at Schulman Lobel Wolfson Zand Abruzzo Katzen & Blackman. Those filing a Schedule C are five times more likely to be audited than those who do not — so if you file a Schedule C be sure to have documentation.

4. You took the “tennis court” deduction. Many small-business owners fret about taking a legitimate home-office deduction, but they shouldn’t. What the IRS looks for is obvious deduction abuse, such as what’s known as the “tennis court” or “swimming pool” deduction. This ridiculous claim occurs when people try to deduct building a private swimming pool or tennis court. It’s also a big red flag to the IRS that you are trying to game the system. (Although a home office deduction is often called an audit risk, TurboTax says this isn’t the case. Taxpayers should take the deduction if it’s legitimate and the home office space is used 100 percent for business.) Other crazy deductions include an “office” subscription to Playboy or “protective clothing” from Victoria’s Secret.

5. You rounded off your figures. Believe it or not, figures that are a bit too neat or rounded to the nearest $100 or $1,000 look suspicious to IRS agents. “Having a return with a lot of zeros on it may be a cause for a return to be pulled,” John Lieberman, a CPA at Perelson Weiner, tells CNN. Don’t give the IRS the idea that you are guessing. Use exact figures. One exception: Rounding to the nearest dollar, as tax-prep software and accountants do, is an acceptable practice.

6. You have a vengeful ex-spouse or associate. If you went through an ugly divorce and your ex-spouse is still unhappy, he or she may report you to the IRS whether it’s true or not, according to Forbes. In many cases, it doesn’t even have to be an ex-spouse; it could be a disgruntled employee or someone else looking for a Whistleblower Award. If you’re in the middle of any legal issue, keep your tax return clean as a whistle — just in case the IRS decides to investigate the report.

The good doctor said the IRS asked to look at his real estate holdings. Perhaps they suspected number 4.

“The IRS has investigated me. They said, ‘I want to look at your real estate holdings.’

Last edited:

Yeah, right.

You may live to regret that

There are many people who will deny that they're trying to stifle freedom of speech, but the fact remains they are essentially the same people who crave a larger and more authoritarian central government. If they were to be honest, and don't hold your breath, they'd admit that they're more than willing to have freedom of speech far more restricted than it is now. To them, restricted speech is somehow a sign of "progress".

But I'll guarantee you this: As we continue down the road toward a far more authoritarian central government, they will become more and more bold in shutting down speech. The minute they think we've passed the point of no return, you'll see their true nature.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" -- not for these people.

Between 2005 and 2007 small businesses in America saw an audit increase of 41 percent while companies with more than $10 million were audited 29 percent less often, according to a study from the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University. Triggers for small business audits include being a sole proprietor, claiming entertainment deductions and itemizing your business vehicle expenses. Knowing what catches the eye of the Internal Revenue Service can help you avoid an audit.

Why Do Companies Get Audited? | Chron.com

Yeah, it's a coincidence that Dr. Ben Carson get audited after he makes his Prayer Breakfast Speech.

Fucking Quisling

why are liberals such mindless morons?
there is one left-wing loser here; KNB; that rants on about Republicans being WalMart shoppers.
As if shopping at WalMart is bad or something. but what makes KNB even a bigger loser left-wing moron than he is is he doesnt know what he's talking about.
in my BLUE STATE; WalMart is full of minorities of all types.

I WOULD LOVE to see some of these left-wing coward losers that spew stupidity on these boards; come to the WalMart where i live and spew some stupid crap bout the people shopping there being un-American; or traitors for buying the stuff WalMart sells; or some other stupid liberal BS some of you losers pass off here.

Forum List

Back