The Anti-Immigration Crusader

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by LostAmerican, Apr 17, 2011.

1. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    “I finally concluded that if anything was going to happen, I would have to do it myself,” he said.

Improbably, he did. From the resort town of Petoskey, Mich., Dr. Tanton helped start all three major national groups fighting to reduce immigration, legal and illegal, and molded one of the most powerful grass-roots forces in politics. The immigration-control movement surged to new influence in last fall’s elections and now holds near veto power over efforts to legalize any of the 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.

One group that Dr. Tanton nurtured, Numbers USA, doomed President George W. Bush’s legalization plan four years ago by overwhelming Congress with protest calls. Another, the Federation for American Immigration Reform, or FAIR, helped draft the Arizona law last year to give the police new power to identify and detain illegal immigrants.

A third organization, the Center for Immigration Studies, joined the others in December in defeating the Dream Act, which sought to legalize some people brought to the United States illegally as children.

Rarely has one person done so much to structure a major cause, or done it so far from the public eye. Dr. Tanton has raised millions of dollars, groomed protégés and bequeathed institutions, all while running an ophthalmology practice nearly 800 miles from Capitol Hill.

Read more at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/us/17immig.html?_r=1&hp

-----------------------------------------------------------

If the United States is to survive the invasion from Latin America, it will need more Americans to do the job themselves and not wait for instructions from Washington to save the American way of life.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You have a point, or what? I can see his. We can't even employ and/or feed and house our current population; yet, the bleeding hearts have no problem letting illegals come in and take it out of our mouths.

3. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The United States is slowly being dragged into Latin America where no other race will survive.

4. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Granny says, "Good ideas - oughta be national laws...
    :cool:
    New Law Requires Photo ID, Proof of Citizenship to Vote in Kansas
    Monday, April 25, 2011 - Voters in Kansas will need to show a photo ID the next time they go to the polls.
    See also:

Prove You're Here Legally Before Getting Gov’t Services, Voters Say
    Friday, April 22, 2011 – Most voters in the United States want stricter enforcement of immigration laws, and a vast majority say people should be required to prove they are in the country legally before receiving any federal, state or local services, according to a new poll.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Thank goodness we live in a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.

Consequently, such laws may violate the 14th Amendment, as determined by the Court in Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982).

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I thought we lived in a democratic republic? Could Mr Ivonelli of my high school government class be wrong?