The Anosognosic’s Dilemma: “But I wore the juice,”

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The Anosognosic’s Dilemma: Something’s Wrong but You’ll Never Know What It Is (Part 1)

Many of you are in here:
his stupidity protected him from an awareness of his own stupidity. You just don't know it.

---

Look up: Anosognosic

anosognosic
Type: Term Pronunciation: ă-nō′sog-nō′sik Definitions: 1. Relating to anosognosia.
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictio

anosognosic
Relating to anosognosia. ... (05 Mar 2000) ...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictiona

anosognosic
anosognosia, anosognosic 1. The apparent unawareness of or failure to recognize one's own functional defect (e.g., hemiplegia, hemianopsia). 2. The lack of interest or belief in the existence of one's disease. 3. Real or feigned ignorance of the presence of disease, especially of paralysis. 4. The inability of a patient to recognize that he/she has a disease.
Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/inf

Stupidity, the dis-ease of many a message boarder.

Last edited:
Diagnostician, heal thyself.
:doubt:
The Anosognosic’s Dilemma: Something’s Wrong but You’ll Never Know What It Is (Part 1) - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

Wheeler had walked into two Pittsburgh banks and attempted to rob them in broad daylight. What made the case peculiar is that he made no visible attempt at disguise. The surveillance tapes were key to his arrest. There he is with a gun, standing in front of a teller demanding money. Yet, when arrested, Wheeler was completely disbelieving. “But I wore the juice,” he said. Apparently, he was under the deeply misguided impression that rubbing one’s face with lemon juice rendered it invisible to video cameras.

In a follow-up article, Fuoco spoke to several Pittsburgh police detectives who had been involved in Wheeler’s arrest. Commander Ronald Freeman assured Fuoco that Wheeler had not gone into “this thing” blindly but had performed a variety of tests prior to the robbery.

Justin Kruger and David Dunning, “Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties of Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-assessments,” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1999, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 1121-1134.

Justin Kruger and David Dunning, “Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties of Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-assessments,” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1999, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 1121-1134.

ahh so THAT'S why you boast . :eusa_whistle:

A doctor once recommended I read that but I could not understand it so I knew it was all bullshit and that I should really be the doctor.

ahh so THAT'S why you boast . :eusa_whistle:

The interesting thing is you've just given the world a real time example of the above in action.

You truly don't know what you don't know.

A doctor once recommended I read that but I could not understand it so I knew it was all bullshit and that I should really be the doctor.

I once flew over a cuckoo's nest. I got clocked doing 75 mph.

I once flew over a cuckoo's nest. I got clocked doing 75 mph.

pics or it did not happen!

Forum List

Back