The "Akin" Amendment: NO EXCEPTIONS

R

rdean

One question that has been overlooked. How many USMB Republicans agree with the "Akin Amendment" that is now part of the Republican Party Platform?

No abortions under any circumstance.

I'm not going to bother asking why Republicans don't seem to show the same concern for babies. I just want to know if USMB Republicans agree with their parties "platform" and the inclusion of the "Akin Amendment"? And why. I would especially would like to know why.

I suppose it would be the only consistent view to have if you believe life begins at conception and that life is therefore innocent.

The flip side is the Obama Abortion Plank for the Democrat Parody Platform:

There are no exceptions to the right of the pre-born to be slaughtered with or without cause whenever the mother feels like it for any reason or for no reason at all. And to make sure this policy is clear, hospitals shall have the right to place live-born babies (or as the DNC like to call them "failed abortions" on a shelf without medical attention or food or water until they die).

The DNC: favors slaughtering the innocent as a matter of convenience.

Well I for one would never use abortion in my family, but i can't speak for others asto why they do it. i support the woman right to have control of her body and what happens in it.
The GOP has now finally admitted to what they are, extreme right winged people that are out to deny rights to everyone but the sperm and the egg. So now when Mittens is elected you will not even be able to masturbate, if you spill the seed,you can be held with a felong murder rap on record.
Ih, and God will be prosecuted cause the woman release eggs when menstrating, cause the act kills the citizen egg. I guess we will need social security cards for the unborn issued also, and their birthdays will be 9 months earlier.

Well I for one would never use abortion in my family, but i can't speak for others asto why they do it. i support the woman right to have control of her body and what happens in it.
The GOP has now finally admitted to what they are, extreme right winged people that are out to deny rights to everyone but the sperm and the egg. So now when Mittens is elected you will not even be able to masturbate, if you spill the seed,you can be held with a felong murder rap on record.
Ih, and God will be prosecuted cause the woman release eggs when menstrating, cause the act kills the citizen egg. I guess we will need social security cards for the unborn issued also, and their birthdays will be 9 months earlier.

Nonsense.

What the proposed (and likely to be passed as drafted) RNC platform plank says is:

THE SANCTITY AND DIGNITY OF HUMAN LIFE

Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life. We oppose the non-consensual withholding or withdrawal of care or treatment, including food and water, from people with disabilities, including newborns, as well as the elderly and infirm, just as we oppose active and passive euthanasia and assisted suicide.

Republican leadership has led the effort to prohibit the barbaric practice of partial birth abortion, permitted States to extend health care coverage to children before birth. We urge Congress to strengthen the Born Alive Infant Protection Act by exacting appropriate civil and criminal penalties to health care providers who fail to provide treatment and care to an infant who survives and abortion, including early induction delivery where the death of the infant is intended. We call for legislation to ban sex-selective abortions - gender discrimination in its most lethal form - and to protect from abortion unborn children who are capable of feeling pain; and we applaud U.S. House Republicans for leading the effort to protect the lives of pain-capable unborn children in the District of Columbia. We call for a revision of federal law 42 U.S.C. 289.92 to bar the use of body parts from aborted fetuses for research. We support and applaud adult stem cell research to develop lifesaving therapies, and we oppose the killing of embryos for their stem cells. We oppose federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.

We also salute the many states that have passed laws for informed consent, mandatory waiting periods prior to an abortion, and health protective clinic regulation. We seek to protect young girls from exploitation through a parental consent requirement; and we affirm our moral obligation to assist, rather than penalize, women challenged by an unplanned pregnancy. We salute those who provide them with counseling and adoption alternatives and empower them to choose live, and we take comfort in the tremendous increase in adoptions that has followed Republican legislative initiatives.
-- Full GOP platform statement on abortion – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It actually fails to provide acknowledgement of SOME exceptions -- such as rape and incest and medical necessity -- and I think to that extent it is misguided.

On the other hand, it beats the living daylights out of shit supported by The ONE such as his steadfast opposition to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

There are no exceptions to the right of the pre-born to be slaughtered with or without cause whenever the mother feels like it for any reason or for no reason at all. And to make sure this policy is clear, hospitals shall have the right to place live-born babies (or as the DNC like to call them "failed abortions" on a shelf without medical attention or food or water until they die).

Disgusting lies. The type of person you are becomes so much more clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disgusting lies. They type of person you are becomes so much more clear.

I wish it was a lie. It's a downright travesty that for as many times as the President voted Present while he was in the IL legislature. The one thing he did vote for was to allow those children to die.

Sorry hack but that is the Truth. You Hero Obama supported not giving any medical attention at all to babies who survive an abortion attempt, and simply letting them die, Maybe not on a shelf but the result is the same.

As always rderp, it is you who is lying.

The President whose salad you would love to toss DID oppose the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

Tell us why, you lying pussy scumbag partisan hack motherfucker.

But you won't. You are a complete coward in addition to being a compulsive liar.

And you guys complain I don't give enough links.

You are lying. Put a baby on the shelf to starve to death?

Republicans are the only people I know who would let children starve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm4-Kmxx8Po]Free and reduced lunch Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Funny, Im pretty sure it was Democrats who let Terri Schaivo starve. Contrary to the parents wishes.

I think if Romney gets elected, women all across the country should declare a moritorium on sex. Better yet, declare it before he gets elected!:D

Florida Obama 49 Romney 46
Ohio 50 44
Virginia 50 45
Colorado 49 46
Nevada 49 45
Wisconsin 50 45
MI 44 47
PA 48 42​

Free and reduced lunch Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'.flv - YouTube

No no, rderp.

You can lie all you want. And you do.

But the reality is what the reality is.

(A) the shit head currently infeting the Oval Orifice DID oppose the Born Alive infant Protection Act.

Obama opposed the 2001 and 2002 "born alive" bills as backdoor attacks on a woman’s legal right to abortion, but he says he would have been "fully in support" of a similar federal bill that President Bush had signed in 2002, because it contained protections for Roe v. Wade.

We find that, as the NRLC said in a recent statement, Obama voted in committee against the 2003 state bill that was nearly identical to the federal act he says he would have supported. Both contained identical clauses saying that nothing in the bills could be construed to affect legal rights of an unborn fetus, according to an undisputed summary written immediately after the committee’s 2003 mark-up session.
-- FactCheck.org : Obama and ‘Infanticide’

And, see: Transcript of Obama’s verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, March 30, 2001, pages 84-90 http://www.ilga.gov/senate/transcripts/strans92/ST033001.pdf

March 5, 2002
Obama’s “no” vote in the IL Senate Judiciary Committee, http://www.jillstanek.com/Obama's vote against SB1662 pdf.pdf

March 6, 2002
Transcript of Obama’s verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, April 4, 2002, pages 28-35 http://www.ilga.gov/senate/transcripts/strans92/ST040402.pdf

Senate Bill 1082, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
Democrats took control of the IL Senate with the 2002 elections. This year Born Alive was sent to the Health & Human Services Committee, chaired by Barack Obama.

As can be seen on the vote docket, Obama first voted to amend SB1082 to add the “neutrality clause” from the federal version of Born Alive to the IL version to make them absolutely identical. (DP#1 means “Do Pass Amendment #1.)

Then Obama voted against the identical version. (DPA means, “Do Pass as Amended.)

Additional corroboration of Obama’s vote: IL State Senate Republican Staff Analysis of SB 1082, March 12-13, 2003, bottom of page 2
-- Links to Barack Obama's votes on Illinois' Born Alive Infant Protection Act | Jill Stanek

(B) a nurse DID reveal how a "failed abortion" (i.e., a child born despite the efforts to snuff it in utero) got placed on a fucking shelf to die.

I will have to dig up that disgusting link.

In the meanwhile, rderp, you lying fuckwit hack, since you can't bother to be honest, maybe you should just wave the white flag of surrender.

You SUCK at this internet discussion stuff.

Yes he didn't support the bill cause of the wording, it does not convict him of not supporting the spirit of the bill.

Forum List

Back