The ACLU Is Anything But American

Point is it matters a damn if separation between church and state puts up a wall if you don't understand what that wall is there for.

And the wall is there to keep the government from taking away our rights by forming a religion or installing a theocracy.

That is the sole purpose of that passage. It is to prevent government from imposing religious rule over this country. That has been the interpretation from the beginning and no amount of double-speak will change that.

It doesn't allow you to make laws that prevents the free expression of religion.

So regardless if you fuckers focus grouped the meaning or came to a consensus about what it means, Thomas Jefferson was clear about what his intentions were and liberals are attempting to warp that meaning into whatever the fuck they want it to mean.

Who has passed a law preventing your free expression of religion, mudwhistle?

Nobody has.

But it still goes on.

A little at a time they're doing it regardless whether it is legal or not.

The way they do it is by getting court orders or simply walking in and taking it down then you have to take them to court to get it back.....but you can't get it put back up because no laws exist that guarantee it can remain.

Last edited:
Point is it matters a damn if separation between church and state puts up a wall if you don't understand what that wall is there for.

And the wall is there to keep the government from taking away our rights by forming a religion or installing a theocracy.

That is the sole purpose of that passage. It is to prevent government from imposing religious rule over this country. That has been the interpretation from the beginning and no amount of double-speak will change that.

It doesn't allow you to make laws that prevents the free expression of religion.

So regardless if you fuckers focus grouped the meaning or came to a consensus about what it means, Thomas Jefferson was clear about what his intentions were and liberals are attempting to warp that meaning into whatever the fuck they want it to mean.

Nobody has.

But it still goes on.

The way they do it is by getting court orders or simply walking in and taking it down then you have to take them to court to get it back.....but you can't get it put back up because no laws exist that guarantee it can remain.

Well then....why are you whining?

I can't wait until muddie starts a thread stating that one can't be a racist if one is married to a black woman.

Because he's made that claim more than once.

You can be....just as much as blacks can be racists too.

But if you're family is black it's kind of hard to be prejudice against them for being black.

You can be prejudice against them for being assholes though.

Guess you wouldn't understand cuz you're white. It's a black thing.

Nobody has.

But it still goes on.

Fuck you.

I'm not whining. You are. I'm not the one bitching about a cross being in a building or prayers being conducted.

The problem is you and others are misinterpreting our laws or simply going around them.

The fear is this.....just how far will the radical left go.

Last edited:
The ACLU interprets it as a Collective Right. You may not agree with them, but they do not step up and try to STOP gun ownership. They defer to the NRA which is much better prepared to deal with 2nd amendment issues.

Or, are you whining that your appliance repairman won't fix your car too?

nice dance Bo.....can we do the Foxtrot next?...so freedom of speech is an Individual right?.....not a collective right of ALL Americans......gotcha......i think maybe you should look up the word ANY.....and see what it means....when you say ....Any case that involves individual rights......that would mean ANY individual Right....including Gun Ownership....that would mean individual rights outside of the 1st amendment....if you come back with a waltz instead of the Foxtrot i will understand.....

Did you bother to read the ACLU's mission statement yet? I'm guessing not....because your rambling post shows that you haven't.

oh good it was the foxtrot.....why dont you clarify the shit you post.....you said along with the driveby poster TM...that they take ANY CASE INVOLVING INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.....that is bullshit....then your telling me they only do 1st Amendment cases......then say they take ANY case involving indiv. rights.....there are individual rights outside of the 1st amendment....they are selective,so dont tell me they are not....i suspect they dont agree with regular citizens owning guns so they dont want to defend anyone on that,and at the same time they cant say this because it would not look to good......a "Civil Liberties" defender being against all or at least part of the 2nd Amendment......if they are not going to defend ALL Civil Liberties.....then they should change the dam name....

Nobody has.

But it still goes on.

Fuck you.

I'm not whining. You are. I'm not the one bitching about a cross being in a building or prayers being conducted.

The problem is you and others are misinterpreting our laws or simply going around them.

You just tol me that no one has taken away your freedom to worship as you see fit....and yet you still whine about something that hasn't happened. Dude....that's a little crazy.

nice dance Bo.....can we do the Foxtrot next?...so freedom of speech is an Individual right?.....not a collective right of ALL Americans......gotcha......i think maybe you should look up the word ANY.....and see what it means....when you say ....Any case that involves individual rights......that would mean ANY individual Right....including Gun Ownership....that would mean individual rights outside of the 1st amendment....if you come back with a waltz instead of the Foxtrot i will understand.....
The ACLU has for the most part interpreted the 2nd amendment as a collective right. Someone up the thread posted a link to their petition to help a man get his guns returned to him. So it is possible with the SCOTUS ruling a year or two ago the ACLU will start being more supportive of the 2nd amendment as an individual right.

Which is kind of sad since the NRA already does that and it will take time away from many other civil rights issues.

Harry's the kind of guy who goes to his appliance repairman and complains that he doesn't fix his car.....apparently.
and your the kind of person who doesnt know what the word ANY means......apparently....

The ACLU has for the most part interpreted the 2nd amendment as a collective right. Someone up the thread posted a link to their petition to help a man get his guns returned to him. So it is possible with the SCOTUS ruling a year or two ago the ACLU will start being more supportive of the 2nd amendment as an individual right.

Which is kind of sad since the NRA already does that and it will take time away from many other civil rights issues.

Harry's the kind of guy who goes to his appliance repairman and complains that he doesn't fix his car.....apparently.
and your the kind of person who doesnt know what the word ANY means......apparently....

How's that car repair going at the appliance shop? Most of us know to go to the experts in their field instead of showing up somewhere else and whining about how come they don't do what the other guy already does so well.

Fuck you.

You just tol me that no one has taken away your freedom to worship as you see fit....and yet you still whine about something that hasn't happened. Dude....that's a little crazy.

Excuse me???

What the fuck are you babbling about????

We were discussing what the establishment clause meant.

How it is being misinterpreted.

I don't worship, not in any real sense. Course I don't appreciate you and others trying to take away the rights of those who do.

Then try to be more tolerant and it won't appear so.

your perception of my tolerance is your problem, ace, not mine.

I can only go by what you write. I can't read your mind.

If you feel that seeing a cross or the Ten Commandments in a public place is "Forcing religion down our throats" what else am I supposed to think?

I am not so easily offended as you are it seems.

it doesn't matter what i think; it's unconstitutional

i've never even used the phrase *forcing religion down my throat*

try again

I can only go by what you write. I can't read your mind.

If you feel that seeing a cross or the Ten Commandments in a public place is "Forcing religion down our throats" what else am I supposed to think?

I am not so easily offended as you are it seems.

If Del had ever said that, you'd have a point. That's nowhere in this thread, though, so I've no idea where you read any such thing.

Actually del did then backed away from it.

bullshit. i never said it so i never had to back away from it.:lol:

reality is your friend :thup:

What Does Separation Of Church And State Mean??

Answer

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That's what the Bill of Rights says. Nothing about "separation", just that CONGRESS can't establish an official religion or prohibit anyone from worshiping as they see fit. It DOESN'T say no Christmas displays in the town square, no Ten Commandments in a courthouse, no prayer in school, or any of the other things that the revisionists and activist judges have ruled in the last 20-30 years. In fact, it doesn't even say that a STATE LEGISLATURE can't say only Lutherans (or Catholics, or Wicans, or Druids) are eligible to hold state offices. Only CONGRESS is restricted by this clause.

Read more: What does separation of church and state mean

answers.com?

are you shittin me?

answers dot bleepin com? :rofl:

How's that car repair going at the appliance shop? Most of us know to go to the experts in their field instead of showing up somewhere else and whining about how come they don't do what the other guy already does so well.
you know what Bo......your no different then posters like TM and Dean,Rabbi....wont address a question put to you that you either dont want to answer or cant.....but hey.....keep dancing around things Bo.....your in the "lets dance league" now......what an honor......

you know what Bo......your no different then posters like TM and Dean,Rabbi....wont address a question put to you that you either dont want to answer or cant.....but hey.....keep dancing around things Bo.....your in the "lets dance league" now......what an honor......

:lol::lol::lol:

You can't grasp that the ACLU is for 1st amendment issues and the NRA is for 2nd amendment issues. You want to hold the ACLU accountable for NOT doing something that there is already a competent group dedicated for (the NRA). It's silly fault finding on your part along the same lines as blaming your appliance repairman for not being willing to fix your car when there is a perfectly good car repairman down the street. You don't like that appliance repairman so you make silly complaints "Look! He's not willing to fix my car! He's bad!"

Forum List

Back