The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
It's been long winter but the season starts tomorrow.

Please, join me in discussing our national pastime here throughout the season.

I'll get started.

Boston Red Sox 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds.

It's been long winter but the season starts tomorrow.

Please, join me in discussing our national pastime here throughout the season.

I'll get started.

Boston Red Sox 2009 World Champions. I like the way that sounds.

:) Me too. Go Sox!

What kind of interesting ways will the Mets find to blow it this year?

Yeah the Cubs are one of those teams I can automatically get behind if the Phils are out. I'd love to see them win one.

For me, I'm worried about missing JC Romero for 50 games, and Hamels' injury has me worried too. But Howard and Utley are looking good, so that's a plus.

I'm pumped. Let's just wait for some games to talk about!

I'm calling Reds and Giants as my two potential sleepers, leaning more towards the Giants. You can't overlook that rotation!

If the Sox are out and the Cubbies are still in it you got my full support, E!

I'll support boston if the cubs are out. I hope the White Sox finish in last place.

Not a big Ozzie Guillen fan?

I lived in the Chicago area until I was 12. Back then, you liked one of Chicago's teams and hated the other one. so, I hate the white sox no matter who manages them. I would prolly like Guillen if he managed a different team>

I'm calling Reds and Giants as my two potential sleepers, leaning more towards the Giants. You can't overlook that rotation!

Yeah, I like the Giants, too.

I also like Kansas City to surprise us a bit.

The three best teams in the AL could all be in the East, which means at least one is guaranteed to miss the playoffs. :eek:

The three best teams in the AL could all be in the East, which means at least one is guaranteed to miss the playoffs. :eek:

IT'll be the Yankees.

I'll drink to that! :beer:

But I wouldn't bet on it. I have a feeling the Rays will have a let down / hangover year.

I dunno, Mani, they got a heck of a young rotation, Crawford had a down year in 2008, Upton didn't catch on fire til the playoffs, and Longoria will only improve. The Rays are beastly.

Forum List

Back