The 20-year-old woman drowned after her father stopped lifeguards saving her at a beach in Dubai as

I was under the impression that Islamic law is Sharia law. Perhaps you can tell me the difference so I won't be confused between the two.

I don't know if there is one. My info tells me the UAE governs under "Islamic law", so I go with that. I don't morph to new forms I'm less familiar with. I have a rule -- I don't post on topics I don't know. Judging from some wags, not everybody keeps that rule.

Anyhow, regardless of the man's religion, he was arrested because he interfered with the lifeguards who were trying to do their job the same as you would be arrested on the beach if you did the same. Anyhow, regardless of how you think, there are loads of honor killings in the Muslim world, especially in Pakistan. It is a sad life for women in many Muslim countries.

Said Muslim countries also have sunlight, and air, and cars, and internets, and phones, and clothes and food. Doesn't make any of them "Islamic".

Roudy is pulling a classic cum hoc fallacy. That's why I keep showing him evidence that honor killing and FGM and all that patriarchal poppycock, are vestiges of ancient primitive cultural social constructs that were in place long before religions came into the human picture, and that -- just like slavery -- they've been documented around the world on every continent for literally thousands of years. They have nothing to do with "Islam", which in fact prohibits it, as does Christianism, Sikhism, Hinduism, every religion that happens to correlate. It's not done for religious reasons -- it's done for ancient social reasons. As a cultural practice it was already ancient when Mohammed and Jesus and Moses and Krishna were born.

If you like to see posters squirm, I can imagine how you are in real life.

I doubt that.
I watch him squirm because we both know he's full of shit, yet he won't admit it. Therefore he deserves the squirmage. I put to you the same question I put this time last night: what's the point of fomenting ignorance, when you know better?

Or to quote a famous adage,
"when the known facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

Let's put it this way, Pogo. You can think everything is A-OK when it comes to women's lives in a lot of the Muslim world.

Oh can I now.
And where did I say anything resembling that?

However, if others think differently from you, is that such a no no to you.

Does not function. That's a strawman. Find me a quote for your basis or stop making shit up.

I will say that I am happy that I am not a woman in the Muslim world, and I would guess all the American women on this forum feel the same. One thing I will tell you is that the Iranian women sure are glad they escaped.

The Women of Islam - TIME

Whatever -- this is completely off the topic.

The way you are going about this thread, I think the other posters can see that you clearly think the women don't have it so bad. I have to disagree with you because in many Muslim countries their lives are terrible. However, this is only a forum, and you seem to take things too seriously as if this is some contest that you have to win.

He's just a mentally ill whack job that wIll lie, divert, and deny to prove his point.

To tell you the truth, I am tired of reading his stuff. He can believe what he wants to about Muslim women, and the rest of us can have our own opinion either way.

I was under the impression that Islamic law is Sharia law. Perhaps you can tell me the difference so I won't be confused between the two.

I don't know if there is one. My info tells me the UAE governs under "Islamic law", so I go with that. I don't morph to new forms I'm less familiar with. I have a rule -- I don't post on topics I don't know. Judging from some wags, not everybody keeps that rule.

Anyhow, regardless of the man's religion, he was arrested because he interfered with the lifeguards who were trying to do their job the same as you would be arrested on the beach if you did the same. Anyhow, regardless of how you think, there are loads of honor killings in the Muslim world, especially in Pakistan. It is a sad life for women in many Muslim countries.

Said Muslim countries also have sunlight, and air, and cars, and internets, and phones, and clothes and food. Doesn't make any of them "Islamic".

Roudy is pulling a classic cum hoc fallacy. That's why I keep showing him evidence that honor killing and FGM and all that patriarchal poppycock, are vestiges of ancient primitive cultural social constructs that were in place long before religions came into the human picture, and that -- just like slavery -- they've been documented around the world on every continent for literally thousands of years. They have nothing to do with "Islam", which in fact prohibits it, as does Christianism, Sikhism, Hinduism, every religion that happens to correlate. It's not done for religious reasons -- it's done for ancient social reasons. As a cultural practice it was already ancient when Mohammed and Jesus and Moses and Krishna were born.

I doubt that.
I watch him squirm because we both know he's full of shit, yet he won't admit it. Therefore he deserves the squirmage. I put to you the same question I put this time last night: what's the point of fomenting ignorance, when you know better?

Let's put it this way, Pogo. You can think everything is A-OK when it comes to women's lives in a lot of the Muslim world.

Oh can I now.

Does not function. That's a strawman. Find me a quote for your basis or stop making shit up.

I will say that I am happy that I am not a woman in the Muslim world, and I would guess all the American women on this forum feel the same. One thing I will tell you is that the Iranian women sure are glad they escaped.

The way you are going about this thread, I think the other posters can see that you clearly think the women don't have it so bad. I have to disagree with you because in many Muslim countries their lives are terrible. However, this is only a forum, and you seem to take things too seriously as if this is some contest that you have to win.

He's just a mentally ill whack job that wIll lie, divert, and deny to prove his point.

Like claiming another poster made a "comparison" he didn't? Oh wait, that was you.
Like claiming to know the religion of an actor in a story never mentioning religion? Oh wait, that was you.
Like trotting out false association cum hoc fallacies? Oh wait, that was you.
Like claiming Maylasia has more Muslims than any other country? Oh wait, that was you.

I doubt that.

Oh can I now.

To tell you the truth, I am tired of reading his stuff. He can believe what he wants to about Muslim women, and the rest of us can have our own opinion either way.

No use dealing with an intellectually dishonest asshole like him. He has denied things he has said in this thread four times. I guess he likes the way his foot tastes in his mouth. Ha ha ha.

I doubt that.

Oh can I now.

Like claiming another poster made a "comparison" he didn't? Oh wait, that was you.
Like claiming to know the religion of an actor in a story never mentioning religion? Oh wait, that was you.
Like trotting out false association cum hoc fallacies? Oh wait, that was you.
Like claiming Maylasia has more Muslims than any other country? Oh wait, that was you.

Ah shadap.

Lying Liberal whack job Pogo:

"I did no such thing as compare King Henry!"

A few posts back in this thread:

"But speaking of religion, pop quiz ---- what happened to Catherine Howard, Henry VIII's fifth wife?
Time's up. She was beheaded --- at the ripe old age of 21 --- on a charge of adultery.
Honor killing.

I'm pretty sure Henry VIII was not a Muslim. Prove me wrong."

I doubt that.

Oh can I now.

How pathetic is your position if you have to put words in my mouth I never said? And can't admit doing it?

How do you explain post 2?

impatient.gif

Listen, you said............ Said Muslim countries also have sunlight, and air, and cars, and internets, and phones, and clothes and food. Doesn't make any of them "Islamic"

Can you please get Asia Bibi out of jail in Pakistan on blasphemy charges. The poor woman is rotting away because in these Muslim countries you can accuse anyone of blasphemy, even if it isn't true. Can you imagine this happening in the free world?

Oh can I now.

No use dealing with an intellectually dishonest asshole like him. He has denied things he has said in this thread four times. I guess he likes the way his foot tastes in his mouth. Ha ha ha.

Then quote them, LYING HACK.

I doubt that.

Oh can I now.

How pathetic is your position if you have to put words in my mouth I never said? And can't admit doing it?

impatient.gif

Listen, you said............ Said Muslim countries also have sunlight, and air, and cars, and internets, and phones, and clothes and food. Doesn't make any of them "Islamic"

Can you please get Asia Bibi out of jail in Pakistan on blasphemy charges. The poor woman is rotting away because in these Muslim countries you can accuse anyone of blasphemy, even if it isn't true. Can you imagine this happening in the free world?

Are you suggesting Muslims invented theocracy?

Not sure what your point is here. I don't know from Pakistani laws, other than the one against honor killing already cited. I stayed here to put down a fallacy, that having to do with origins of 'honor killing'. That's it. Not sure if you're trying to expand my scope or what.

Oh can I now.

Hee hee hee. He wants me to quote him lying.

"But speaking of religion, pop quiz ---- what happened to Catherine Howard, Henry VIII's fifth wife?
Time's up. She was beheaded --- at the ripe old age of 21 --- on a charge of adultery.
Honor killing.

Oh can I now.

impatient.gif

Not sure what your point is here. I don't know from Pakistani laws, other than the one against honor killing already cited. I stayed here to put down a fallacy, that having to do with origins of 'honor killing'. That's it. Not sure if you're trying to expand my scope or what.

91% of honor killings are done by...drum roll please....yup....Muslims.

Deal with it.

Honor killing.

And where's the "comparison", Stupid?

Is somebody even unclear on what the word "comparison" means? :banghead:

Oh can I now.

impatient.gif

Deal with it.

91% of a cherrypicked number that the author herself admits has no basis -- just to perpetuate a cum hoc fallacy that's been thoroughly debunked, even before this thread began.

What a fucking moron.

Honor killing.

You compared today's honor killings by Muslims to an English king who died in 1547. Keep sucking.

impatient.gif

Deal with it.

91% of a cherrypicked number that the author herself admits has no basis.

What a fucking moron.
Cherry picked number my ass. You cited the parts of her reasearch you agreed with. But then when it came to the results of her research. Ah they're "cherry picked".

Keep sucking.

Honor killing.

You compared today's honor killings by Muslims to an English king who died in 1547. Keep sucking.

Quote this "comparison".
Oh wait -- you can't.

Honor killing.

Quote this "comparison".
Oh wait -- you can't.

I already did, like ten times.

Honor killing.

You see how you compare what a king did 500 years ago to the honor killings done today by Muslims? It's pretty obvious. Only a lying liberal dicksucker would do that.

impatient.gif

Deal with it.

What a fucking moron.
Cherry picked number my ass. You cited the parts of her reasearch you agreed with. But the. When it came to the results of her research. Ah they're "cherry picked".

I cited her own statement --- which is correct --- that there are no definitive numbers.

THEREFORE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO COME UP WITH 91% ... OR *ANY* PERCENT.

Holy shit, how do you operate a computer at this density level?

Whatever she came up with as "91%" has to, by necessity and her own admission, be based on events she herself selected. Because the body of total numbers is an UNKNOWN. Her "91%" number refers specifically to, and I quote, "in this study". And the "study", under the paragraph labeled "Methodology", gives its source:
"This study analyzes 172 incidents and 230 honor-killing victims. The information was obtained from the English-language media around the world with one exception."
--- that's directly from the page, so not only is a known biased source picking and choosing the stories she wants for fuel ----- she's getting them from "media", which means the most sensationalized "if it bleeds it leads" material.

And that's cherrypicking. You don't get to choose your own baseline.

Me, I cited NO numbers. I cited her characterizations of honor killing as a socio-cultural practice. Which it IS, which point I've been making the entire time here and in previous threads. The same point that shoots down your (and her) cum hoc fallacy. The one you're either too obtuse or too illiterate to do anything about.

And again -- your own link.

Last edited:

Deal with it.

What a fucking moron.
Cherry picked number my ass. You cited the parts of her reasearch you agreed with. But the. When it came to the results of her research. Ah they're "cherry picked".

I cited her own statement --- which is correct --- that there are no definitive numbers.

Whatever she came up with as "91%" has to, by necessity and her own admission, be based on events she herself selected. Because the body of total numbers is an UNKNOWN.

Her concluding statement clearly said that 91% of honor killings today are done by Muslims. Known numbers based on credible researched data. Or maybe the lying dicksucker would like me to repost it again?

Deal with it.

What a fucking moron.

Whatever she came up with as "91%" has to, by necessity and her own admission, be based on events she herself selected. Because the body of total numbers is an UNKNOWN. Her "91%" number refers specifically to, and I quote, "in this study". And the "study", under the paragraph labeled "Methodology", gives its source:

"This study analyzes 172 incidents and 230 honor-killing victims. The information was obtained from the English-language media around the world with one exception."

--- that's directly from the page, so not only is a known biased source picking and choosing the stories she wants for fuel ----- she's getting them from "media", which means the most sensationalized "if it bleeds it leads" material.

Me, I cited NO numbers. I cited her characterizations of honor killing as a socio-cultural practice. Which it IS, which point I've been making the entire time here and in previous threads. The same point that shoots down your (and her) cum hoc fallacy. The one you're either too obtuse or too illiterate to do anything about.

Her concluding statement clearly said that 91% of honor killings today are done by Muslims. Known numbers based on credible researched data. Or maybe the lying dicksucker would like me to repost it again?

BULLSHIT. Her own words say you're a liar. Read the last post. They're cherrypicked stories.

Deal with it.

What a fucking moron.

BULLSHIT. Her own words say you're a liar. Read the last post. They're cherrypicked stories.

Nope, her study is detailed and comprehensive and prove that you're a fulla shit liar.

"Although Sikhs and Hindus do sometimes commit such murders, honor killings, both worldwide and in the West, are mainly Muslim-on-Muslim crimes. In this study, worldwide, 91 percent of perpetrators were Muslims. In North America, most killers (84 percent) were Muslims, with only a few Sikhs and even fewer Hindus perpetrating honor killings; in Europe, Muslims comprised an even larger majority at 96 percent while Sikhs were a tiny percentage. In Muslim countries, obviously almost all the perpetrators were Muslims. With only two exceptions, the victims were all members of the same religious group as their murderers."

Hey when all else fails, no matter how credible and reliable the source, start questioning the methodology and reliability.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Forum List

Back